Libor Kozák

samjp26

I called him a 'poor-man's Benteke' when we signed him and was shouted down for it. He never stood out for Lazio other then last season in the EL and there was a reason he never nailed a regular spot. 

it'll take a while to bed him in, and probably need a system change. he doesn't really work with gabby and wiemann either side, i think he needs a strike partner in a more traditional system

I think he needs crosses into the box, it's a novel idea I know, but he'll thrive off of actual service.

Considering Davies outplayed him all day id be very surprised,but,he does need some kind of service from somewhere,before either one of us will know.

Yes but there were crosses, ok many were poor but I bet Benteke would have made more of them. Agbonlahor set him up first half and what did he do! he controlled it with his hand.

Edited by PaulC

I think he needs crosses into the box, it's a novel idea I know, but he'll thrive off of actual service.

Considering that he finished the game with a 25% aerial success rate, I doubt that would've made much difference. 

Yes but there were crosses, ok many were poor but I bet Benteke would have made more of them. Agbonlahor set him up first half and what did he do! he controlled it with his hand.

Of course Benteke would have made more of things.

Benteke is an outstanding player and expecting Kozak to live up to the way he has performed is setting him up for failure.

Give him time.

Considering Davies outplayed him all day id be very surprised,but,he does need some kind of service from somewhere,before either one of us will know.

Again, a playmaker perhaps? Looking at the goal against Norwich, if we had somebody decent behind him?

Again, a playmaker perhaps? Looking at the goal against Norwich, if we had somebody decent behind him?

But there were two occasions when he got great service and he messed up both times. I'm not knocking him but I think he needs to improve quite a bit.

He's going to have to up his game considerably if he's going to make it in the PL

It might help if we had people crossing the ball into the box of course, but we've known that for years. Not sure what the point of letting Bent go and then paying 7m for this bloke was all about

• Like 1

But there were two occasions when he got great service and he messed up both times. I'm not knocking him but I think he needs to improve quite a bit.

True, the ball was also bouncing off him a bit too much.

He's going to have to up his game considerably if he's going to make it in the PL

It might help if we had people crossing the ball into the box of course, but we've known that for years. Not sure what the point of letting Bent go and then paying 7m for this bloke was all about

The point was saving around 40k p/w

Money before pitch again.

I dont think we played to his strengths today.

It would be like if Peter Crouch went abroad, everyone would be playing long balls up to him just because he's 6'7.

Just because Kozak is 6'4 doesnt mean his strength is aerially. Davies dominated him in the air all game.

Its early days with him but he looked better with the ball in to feet, a couple of occasions he shrugged off the defender and brought others into play. Id like to see him get more of this kind of service.

• Like 1

Shock horror

A target man failing to score because he's receiving no service from wide areas

As long as we persist with this narrow formation without a creative player in the centre we will never see the best of him

He is not like Benteke a complete forward who can create chances for himself he needs service its not his fault he's not getting any

It was so easy for Hull to defend against him today just deny us space in the middle and double up on him from corners

We made Curtis Davies look like a world class centre half

Edited by AshVilla

We basically exchanged Bent for him. Makes me angry.

Said this at the time. We should have kept Bent and spent this fee on another CB or quality midfielder. 

That said, its early days - and I did think he was key to us beating Man City last week. He here now - no point getting on his back.

Â