Libor Kozák

samjp26

I reckon Lambert is planning ahead for when Benteke leaves next summer. I think this season will be used to introduce Kozak gently to the Premier League with the aim being that he eventually steps up next season and takes over from CB.

I don't think so. They can play together.

I think we will see a 4-3-1-2 or a 3-5-2 at certain times, with Kozak and Benteke providing a powerfull threat in the box.

I don't. I see a double substitution of him and Tonev on and a switch to 4 4 2 when opposition are playing too deep for our pace and counter attacking to work.

I reckon Lambert is planning ahead for when Benteke leaves next summer. I think this season will be used to introduce Kozak gently to the Premier League with the aim being that he eventually steps up next season and takes over from CB.

I think we will see a 4-3-1-2 or a 3-5-2 at certain times, with Kozak and Benteke providing a powerfull threat in the box.

I don't. I see a double substitution of him and Tonev on and a switch to 4 4 2 when opposition are playing too deep for our pace and counter attacking to work.

I can definetly see using a 4-3-1-2 with Gabby as the link man

At this stage, a signing like Kozak that allows us to be creative with our tactical systems is more valuable to Lambert than a new playmaker. 

You can switch a system that isn't working but if your playmaker is off form - who do you switch for? You actually need sign two good playmakers. 

I'm sure this a great signing that will have a noticeable effect on our ability to attack teams at home by increasing our versatility.

Kozak also used to be a centre back and his size will be useful when we are defending set pieces. If he can play as a centre back when we are trying to hold on at the end of the game, that will also be very valuable.

Edited by Con
  • Like 1

Our midfield would get overrun in a 442.

Indeed it would.

I also tend to think that our midfield would get overrun if it contained a traditional number 10, which is why i'm not particularly bothered about our failure to sign one.

• Like 1

So do you honestly think CB will be here next season?

Not forgetting that when Benteke goes we'll have quite a nice transfer kitty to replace him with. Yes we won't get 100% of it and yes Villa can't attract a player from the £30m+ bracket but we'll still be flush.

I look forward to the day we play 5 forwards as we try to batter a team into submission.

I don't...

bradford_2460505b.jpg

Bravo!

Couldn't have put it better myself. Any idiot that tries that kind of formation deserves to lose

Â