Rocket League

hogso

What??? Utopia is awesome! The double goal map is horrible yeah, but the 'galleon' map with the second level is good too I think. Granted they take some getting used to, which I already have on sarp, but utopia (the doughnut) is genuinely fun when you get used to whizzing round it. The other map kinda depends on how much you like your aerials... 

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

That's how it starts. "I'll just play one game".

That's pretty much how it was too, I just wanted to see what the fuss was all about, and had loads of other stuff I had to do so it was a "quick" try!

2 hours ago, hogso said:

Was that 6 or 7 games online, offline, 1v1, 2v2, 3v3, ranked, unranked...?

Online 3 v 3.

Not sure I see the point of playing offline. Can you play online but co-op with someone in the same room?

My guess is no as nobody does that anymore apparently.

4 hours ago, AVFCDAN said:

Online 3 v 3.

Not sure I see the point of playing offline. Can you play online but co-op with someone in the same room?

My guess is no as nobody does that anymore apparently.

You absolutely can, it's a fantastic way to play, and what's more the AI will fill in spare places with bots. 

Yeah I was introduced to the game with split screen co-op, it works really well! Your field of vision is slightly less but if your friends don't understand how football with rocket powered cars might be amazing, get them around for a few games and they'll be hooked.

You're basically automatically in a party when both controllers are signed in.

In SARP there was a really entertaining bug centered around that - you could start an online match with one controller, and then sign in with a second, which would give your team an extra player. 

This meant it was possible to have a 4v4 match with each player having 3 extra players assigned to each of their other controllers, making a 16v16 match, there are youtubes of it I'm pretty sure. 

It's not that I dislike it,  just don't think it's as good as everyone hypes it up to be.  It's cool for an indie game,  dint think it's going to be too long before I'm back in fifa/halo.  

Im of the same opinion. I got bored of it quickly and straight back to PES

Part of the joy of this is it was a free game that just popped up on the ps store one day. Gave it a blast and it was football in cars! How amazing is that.

The lateness to the party and hype may have taken away from it somewhat for the Xbox peeps.

It's a steep learning curve. Compare it to Halo or COD when you can jump in and start getting kills straight away. Hitting aerials and actually keeping up with the game is difficult at first.

I started finding it really fun when I was hitting ridiculous aerials and dribbles.

Unless you put the time into it to get to that stage then you're not going to find it as fun IMO.

5 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Have to say can't help but feel a little disappointed with this game.  Played about 5 games solo online and meh...  It's alright,  nothing special.  Probably doesn't help I can't really hit the ball.  

Also, solo? As in 1v1?

As in the the least popular, least played mode?

Can't really form an opinion on the game after 5 games of that.

Â