Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

You know, Bowery was not looking bad at the end of last season when he got a bit of time on the pitch. He was very unlucky not to score in the Stoke away game. I'd like to see him get some time.

If we have better players and they are fit, then certainly a home tie to Spurs in the Capital One Cup is the last game to try Bowery. It is the only feasible chance of winning a trophy alongside the tougher FA Cup, so I think we should stick to our best men. We have Gabby, Helenius, Weimann and Kozak as strikers per se, and they are all in front of Bowery. Lambert being Lambert will most likely field Gabby - Kozak - Weimann if Benteke is indeed out of this game, that is 99% certain. Maybe Helenius is given the notch if Benteke is out for the weekend and some of the others are carrying niggles from the last game, but Bowery is certainly not worthy of a place in the team. If we played Shrewsbury or Macclesfield Town, then fair enough, but we are playing against a team with reserves that would easily better our team in the league over 38 games.

Glad Sylla is playing. Hope he has a decent game though!!! Think we are going to get battered though. Our midfield and strikers have not played together, and I am concerned with the mediocrity of Albrighton and Tonev! 

Fingers crossed they surprise me though!!!! Come on you Villa boys!!!!