Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

Personally I wouldn't risk playing Gabby, Delph, Westwood or Luna, instead save them for the game against City on Saturday, 4-3-2-1 tonight against Spuds: Steer, Lowton, Vlaar, Baker, Bennett, KEA, Sylla, Albrighton, Weimann, Bacuna and Kozak. 

Even with AVB hinting he will switch his entire starting eleven from Sunday's game against Cardiff they will be able to field record signing Lamela, Germany Under-21 captain Holtby, Sandro, new signing Chiciriches(?) and Defoe (if fit), going 3-2 Spuds.

Edited by Avflife

Tonev has hardly played for us.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that he takes a couple of months to settle and that his performances improve from around December onwards!

I'd also imagine that if Stan were around that may help him setlle

Cant believe the stick Tonev gets

41,000 plus posts on VT and you are expressing disbelief at a player getting unreasonable and probably unjustified stick on VT? LOL this forum is only for the ficklest of fickle Villa fans.

As for the game, sadly I can't go, but I see an easy win for Spurs probably by a two goal margin. I will be interested to see how our 'back up' players perform but the whole thing smacks of Lambert showing no interest in the LC and saving players for the Man City game.

Edited by Harry

Tonev has hardly played for us.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to find that he takes a couple of months to settle and that his performances improve from around December onwards!

I'd also imagine that if Stan were around that may help him setlle

Cant believe the stick Tonev gets

41,000 plus posts on VT and you are expressing disbelief at a player getting unreasonable and probably unjustified stick on VT? LOL this forum is only for the ficklest of fickle Villa fans.

As for the game, sadly I can't go, but I see an easy win for Spurs probably by a two goal margin. I will be interested to see how our 'back up' players perform but the whole thing smacks of Lambert showing no interest in the LC and saving players for the Man City game.

Had enough of Tonev after Saturday on the TV, to seeing him live at VP. His shooting was getting to the stage where my pint was about to go across the pub.

Steer

Lowton         Vlaar     Baker      Bennett

Bacuna         KEA         Delph

Tonev           Kozak        Albrighton

Interesting from Mr. Hands. I take it this is what'll happen then :thumb:

I think the fact that Lambert is making a lot of changes means that this competition isnt as important as perhaps first thought. Oh well.

I think it's got more to do with injuries/knocks than anything else. The fact that we played a very strong team against Rotherham should give us an indication of how Lambert sees this competition.

I'd be very disappointed if Helenius didn't start to be honest.

Why?

He is our one summer signing (other then Kozak who was a late arrival) who hasn't started yet. This game is as good as any to give him a run out.

I think the fact that Lambert is making a lot of changes means that this competition isnt as important as perhaps first thought. Oh well.

I think it's got more to do with injuries/knocks than anything else. The fact that we played a very strong team against Rotherham should give us an indication of how Lambert sees this competition.

I think that was to do with the break of fixtures after that game.

• Like 2

Well not everyone can start. Kozak is ahead of him and scored at the weekend so needs to lead the line. He isn't a winger so it would mean playing two up top. Many would like to see Albrighton given a rare start. And Tonev will benefit from start. I'm sure Helenius will feature at some stage. But I wouldn't exactly say it is something to be disappointed over. If he started and Kozak didn't you would be disappointed at that no doubt!

Well he played wide when he came on against Norwich. In fact, the Kozak signing shows that he clearly hasn't been brought in to play as other then just a striker. Also he said something about Lambert telling him he woukd be played wide just after he came.

___________________Steer___________________

__Bacuna_____Vlaar________Clark_____Bennett__

_________Sylla_______________KEA____________

___Albrighton______Helenius________Tonev_______

__________________Kozak_____________________

I like that and it's a system I'd like to see us trying, because it addresses our occasional central midfield numerical issues without compromising the attack. It also seems to be the system of choice these days of some of the better sides in the league. Chelsea for one.