Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

don't see why everyone is writing us off that easily, I think we will win as spurs wont be nowhere near full strength although they will still be half decent, 2.1 villa

We'd have a better chance away from home. As it is, they'll probably 'only' use the likes of Sigurdsson, Lamela, Holtby & Eriksen on us :o

-------------------Steer-------------------

Bacuna-----Vlaar---Baker-----Bennet

----------------KEA----Sylla--------------

-------------------Tonev-------------------

Weimann--------Kozak---------Helenius

A shame we have been so depleted by injury! They played on Thursday and Sunday. I imagine we'll see a similar team from them that beat Tromso. 

Something like:

-------------------Freidel-------------------

Naughton---Chiriches---Kaboul---Fryers

------------Sandro----Dembele---------

-------------------Holtby-------------------

Sigurdsson-----Defoe---------Lamela

don't see why everyone is writing us off that easily, I think we will win as spurs wont be nowhere near full strength although they will still be half decent, 2.1 villa

We'd have a better chance away from home. As it is, they'll probably 'only' use the likes of Sigurdsson, Lamela, Holtby & Eriksen on us :o

granted we are better away from home but I don't think their will be much pressure tomorrow night, glad were at home for this one though I must admit,

A shame we have been so depleted by injury! They played on Thursday and Sunday. I imagine we'll see a similar team from them that beat Tromso. 

Something like:

We'll have had only 48 hours between the end of our last game and the start of this one which is not enough recovery time and really heightens the chance of injury, for these reasons I'd be amazed if he plays someone like Dembele. Also, Defoe's injured. Apart from that I think that's probably the team.

From BBC Sport - 'Andre Villas-Boas believes his Tottenham side face an impossible task against Aston Villa in the Capital One Cup, and that they have not been given a fair crack at the competition due to fixture congestion.

Spurs travel to Villa Park on Tuesday for the third-round clash, barely 48 hours after their 1-0 Premier League win at Cardiff.

"This is an impossible game for us to play, but hopefully our team spirit and motivation can get us through," he said.

"It (the Capital One Cup) is not our absolute number one priority but I don't think we have been given a fair chance to play in this competition this year."

Gutted we haven't got an easier opponent to experiment with systems a bit more freely and blood the new signings in a bit more gently. Hope Lambert doesn't go to crazy, don't want the confidence to be knocked too much. Unfortunately it might be already dictated by injuries. Anyway a strong team for us would hopefully get us through against all but an inform Man City, just fearful the team we put out won't be anywhere near our strongest :mellow:

Steer

Lowton Clark Baker Bennett

Sylla Gardner

Albrighton Tonev Helenius

Kozak

Not holding out any hope for this. I think whatever tinkering AVB does, Spurs will still be able to field a stronger 11. Would love to see us progress as I think Saturday is a write-off whatever happens. Just can't see us having enough to do them.

1 -3 Spurs

We will win this and everyone will get so hyped up and we will then lose our league match. Always happens. 

Hey Czech lad.  You aren't watching the game in Prague are you by any chance?

:)

I live around Brno sorry. My cousin lives in Prague so I am there a few times each year. 

Something like:

We'll have had only 48 hours between the end of our last game and the start of this one which is not enough recovery time and really heightens the chance of injury, for these reasons I'd be amazed if he plays someone like Dembele. Also, Defoe's injured. Apart from that I think that's probably the team.

Ah, didn't know Defoe was injured. I guess it will probably be Kane then as AVB surely won't risk Soldado. That's good news for us. I saw Kane play a few times for Leicester last year and, to put it nicely, I don't think he'll cut it at Spurs.

Dembele's form seemed to dip at the end of last season. This season, I've only really seen your game against Arsenal where he was probably your worst player, but I assumed he'd play as AVB will surely want to rest Paulinho - and with Capoue's injury and Carroll being loaned out, you don't have too many centre mids who are going to sit behind the likes of Eriksen, Sigurdsson, etc.

I think we'll lose. It's a real shame we don't have Benteke, Gabby and Westwood as our first choice team would have been heavy favourites to be beat Tottenham's reserves. Zeki Fryers is a real weak link at left back - would have loved to see Gabby have a run at him.

I dont know why this game isn't on Wednesday as Spurs played yesterday.

Our team wont be great and Spurs have a lot of depth, they will be starting a £30m winger and at 11/10 I think I may slap a lot of money on them.

Swansea are at the sty and they're in the same boat as Spores so a simple toss up type decision I'd say. 

Why they just don't give the Welsh side a bye, I don't know!