Match Thread - PLEASE DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

samjp26

-------------------Steer-------------------

Lowton-----Vlaar------Clark---Bennett

-----------KEA----Delph----Sylla---------

Weimann--------------------------Gabby

--------------------Kozak--------------------

Would do for me.

This is about right. I wouldn't expect too many changes, possibly Sylla and Bennet in, but not much more than that.

All these players are carrying injuries Benteke (hip), Agbonlahor (ankle), Westwood (thigh), N’Zogbia (Achilles), Gardner (back), Okore (knee), Delph, Luna (unspecified)

So the last post has probably got the team very close but I think Tonev will play instead of the injured Delph.

Would keep Tonev in to give him a chance to correct his poor performance on Saturday. Wouldn't risk Benteke given the injury, half a mind to say the same about Gabby so see a front three of Andi, Kozak, and Helenius. Bacuna should keep his place too I reckon but wouldn't mind Lowton coming in. Would like to give Bennett a bit of game time and too and could be a good idea if Luna did indeed have a knock on saturday. Sylla must play, and would rest Delph is he isn't 100%

With all the little knocks we have at the moment, it certainly won't be a full strength side, albeit Tottenham probably won't throw out a particularly strong side either. Probably go with a 3-1 loss.

Steer
Lowton Clark Baker Bennett
Sylla KEA
Bacuna
Weimann Kozak Tonev

Spurs fan here, I suspect AVB will try and rest the entire first team for this one, therefore something like:

Friedel

Naughton Kaboul Chiriches Fryers

Sandro Holtby Gylfi

Lamela Kane Chadli

Would most likely beat our best team if we're being honest. Kane the only weak link there. Seen him on numerous occasions and never been impressed.

Bloody 'ell :(

Moreso Gabby as we knew CB was injured and was never going to be risked in this one.

Premier League: Christian Benteke and Gabby Agbonlahor join Villa's lengthy injury list

premier-league-carrow-road-aston-villa-n

Aston Villa manager Paul Lambert is counting the cost of a bruising campaign already as the Villa Park injury list continues to grow.

Villa beat Norwich 1-0 in the Premier League at Carrow Road on Saturday but with a Capital One Cup tie ahead on Tuesday, Lambert admits he may have to field a patched up side against Tottenham.

Christian Benteke (hip), Gabby Agbonlahor (ankle) and Ashley Westwood (thigh) are all listed as doubts for the cup clash at Villa Park, while Fabian Delph and Antonio Luna are also suffering from knocks sustained at the weekend.

The quintet join an injury list already including Jorres Okore (knee), Charles N'Zogbia (Achilles) and Gary Gardner (back), leaving Villa with eight casualties ahead of the third-round clash and Lambert admits he could have to name players regardless of their fitness levels.

"I've never questioned their commitment to us, to the football club, to themselves and to their team-mates," he told the Birmingham Mail.

"Westwood hurt himself in training. He's just got a little strain. He's been brilliant for us. To lose him was a blow.

"There were a few knocks, but we had to get them out there. Luna just trained on Friday so he was touch and go. Obviously Okore's out, Gabby's hurt his ankle, Fabian's been struggling so the lads were running on empty."

Striker Benteke played a pivotal role last term but was forced to limp off limp away from proceedings early at the weekend but Lambert is hoping to have his leading man back when they host Manchester City on Saturday.

"It looks like his hip flexor at the moment," he added. "The good thing with Christian is he's usually a quick healer. I don't know how long, we'll have to just wait and see.

''I don't know how bad it is. Obviously we've got a game tomorrow but the most important one is the following one on Saturday."