U21's 2013-14

OutByEaster?

Seeing a post about older academy players reminded me of a time I used to make a team on fantasy football made up entirely of former villa players, so I was wondering, what would people's Villa Academy XI be? Based on every player who's come out of our academy, on current form

From memory my team so far is:

Myhill

Lichaj Cahill Baker Clark

Albrighton Davis Hogg Bannan

Agbonlahor Weimann

Might have forgotten a couple of players but that's what I'd go for from memory. I'm talking current players. What I was trying to work out was, is our academy, over the span of a players career, producing enough talent to field a prem league quality XI

Edit: I'd take Hogg out that lineup and stick Zoltan out at LM. can't think of a decent keeper ever,

If we don't count Barry, I guess that's about the best we can do. It's not good enough to stay up.

I'd probably play Craig Gardner instead of Hogg and Ridewell left back (dropping Baker, moving Clark) though.

I forgot Whittingham too

Myhill

Lichaj Cahill Clark Ridgewell

Albrighton Davis Gardner Whittingham

Agbonlahor Weimann

That's looking more like a decent PL side to me now

• Like 1

I also like DJ but he's a mile away from the first team if were honest. Needs a good spell out on loan like Samir or Jack who are really developing their game playing mens football.

DJ being held back big time, not sure if its because nobody from lower leagues wants him or we are not offering him out?

On the rest of the game thoroughly enjoyable.

Thought Callum Robinson was excellent and another I'd like to see out on loan sooner rather than later. Jordan Graham looked excellent technically though a lot of development needed on things like decision making, execution before he is ready. Although thought Sellars looked very sharp.

Burke was good too but I've a feeling he will struggle to make the step up to Prem, reckon it'll be lower leagues for him.

• 2 weeks later...

I also like DJ but he's a mile away from the first team if were honest. Needs a good spell out on loan like Samir or Jack who are really developing their game playing mens football.

DJ being held back big time, not sure if its because nobody from lower leagues wants him or we are not offering him out?

On the rest of the game thoroughly enjoyable.

Thought Callum Robinson was excellent and another I'd like to see out on loan sooner rather than later. Jordan Graham looked excellent technically though a lot of development needed on things like decision making, execution before he is ready. Although thought Sellars looked very sharp.

Burke was good too but I've a feeling he will struggle to make the step up to Prem, reckon it'll be lower leagues for him.

I agree with much of this but I can't understand why you think dj is a mile off the first team, I think he's the most naturally talented cm at the club, his ability is superb I think

Lost 4-3 last Night to a Leicester side that looked very strong in all departments,  certainly they looked "bigger" than our lads.

Leicester took the lead after having a brilliant goal flagged for offside as the lad who got the last touch should have left it to the number 8 who basically took on our defence from the left wing single handedly. We then got a pen which was converted after DJ wanted to take it but captain enforced team rules.

On the stroke of half time Leicester got another and so we went in 2-1 down.  Two quick goals earlyish in the second half merely reinforced their superiority but then they seemed to sit back and got complacent and did not much else.  We got one back then had another disallowed before finally getting our third on 83 minutes and making for what I thought was going to be a interesting final 5 minutes especially as the Leicester defence at this stage looked all over the place.

Alas it was not to be and the game fizzled out.  

Remarkable how many scouts were there and I spotted a former manager of ours too!

• 4 weeks later...
Â