Monthly Poll August 2013

limpid

Monthly Polls  

78 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you think we will finish this season?

• 1-4
    • 5-8
    • 9-13
    • 14-17
    • 18-20
  2. 2. Who was the most influential person at the club last month?

• The owner
    • The manager
    • A player (please state)
    • Other (please state)
  3. 3. Are you optimistic or pessimistic about future of the club right now?

• Optimistic
    • Pessimistic
    • Indifferent

This is a monthly "state of the club" poll. You can vote for 7 days from the 1st of the month. This will be repeated every month. All votes cast are public.

I know it's a little late :)

I'm feeling more optimistic for no reason really, just propaganda I read on this board. I stay @14 though, at least until I see Okore play a couple games. If he looks as good as you lot say, and clicks well with Vlaar, I'll bump my prediction up to 9 - 13.

Who was the most influential person at the club last month?

I would say Jack Grealish.

I think this last month he's been evidence of the talent we were already bringing through before Lambert arrived (NextGen Champions etc) and has also been a positive example of Lambert having faith in 'young and hungry' players and has possessed the confidence to step up to this pre-season challenge when given his chance.

Very early days I know in regards to the future but for specific focus on the last month, he's been the one to inspire confidence in me as a fan of The Villa.

Really optimistic, and I haven't even seen Tonev or Okore yet :D. Top 8 I think is well on the cards especially given our excellent run-in when other teams are starting to lose momentum. Hell, there's nothing stopping us from pulling a Newcastle from 2 seasons ago either.

Lambert easily the most influential no question. Great to have a manager who has a clear plan for us.

I am now optimistic that, with Benteke in the squad, we will easily secure a 14-17 slot and there will be no relegation struggle this season. Him signing a new contract has helped offset most of my despair about the very poor defence we have.

Keeping hold of Benteke should ensure we stay up for another year. A lot depends on Okore and Luna and how much more solid we are at the back this year. Pre season has not looked too promising in terms of defending but hopefully that will change. I also think we are missing a defensive midfielder which could cost us. If Sylla gets injured I think we are in trouble in the middle of the park as we dont have another player who can do his role.

Incredibly optimistic,  have been since we signed Lambert.  He will prove to be the most important signing we have made in the last decade at least.

I think we'll surprise one or two this season and with Evernot losing the stability of their old slippers,  I fancy us for a top 8 finish.

• Like 1

Incredibly optimistic,  have been since we signed Lambert.  He will prove to be the most important signing we have made in the last decade at least.

I think we'll surprise one or two this season and with Evernot losing the stability of their old slippers,  I fancy us for a top 8 finish.

I feel I am in danger of losing the plot optimism wise.

I am mindful of feeling good going into last season and then having a really painful mental come down after the Everton game.

Pre season has looked really good, all our young bucks look to be progressing and we have kept the key players we wanted here.

If we do sign Kiyotake (who looks very good from the YT clips) I think the optimism will start seeping out of my ears

Edited by villaglint

I am sticking at 9-13, with the difference being that I think that we don't finish in that bracket, we are more likely to find ourselves in the one above it than the one below.

I don't buy the idea that we are the successors to Everton's spot. There will be plenty of teams vying for it, and I would prefer to finish 12th and win a trophy.

I am the most optimistic about the Villa that I have been in this century, but the biggest question mark hangs on the performance of our defence. If they get it right then it could be surprises all around.

9-13 for me too, i'm trying to tone down the crazy claret and blue optimist child running around in my head screaming about us getting in to europe. i hope he's right but we need to see some evidence on the pitch before I think we'll do better than mid table this term.

Really optimistic.

I think 8th, or even 7th if Everton don't fire, is possible. But gone for about 10th because I still worry about the defence.

Lambert keeping Benteke is HUGE!

I think 8th is realistic, 7th very good. But...and it's a big ass butt, if, IF, we've solidified at the back, IF, midfield can gel and offer more in attack than last year, then maybe just maybe we can get into the top 5. There is a bit of turmoil/transition in the clubs traditionally occupying that area.

I've woken up in an unfeasibly optimistic mood this morning.

• Like 2