Manchester United

BOF

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Don't go out to have fun in Manchester after you've been dicked 3-0 by your local Manchester rivals. ETH has every right to be pissed off by this.

Plan to have the birthday celebration somewhere else, or at home. You already know the date clashes with the derby.

Just a bit dumb from Rashford or his people.

Or...its only football

They win that game or the game in the week or any game and no one cares 

1 minute ago, jimmygreaves said:

Don't go out to have fun in Manchester after you've been dicked 3-0 by your local Manchester rivals. ETH has every right to be pissed off by this.

Plan to have the birthday celebration somewhere else, or at home. You already know the date clashes with the derby.

Just a bit dumb from Rashford or his people.

What’s the rule then, don’t leave your house if your team loses? That’s ridiculous. 

• Like 1

In fairness if we'd just been knocked out of the cup by blues 3 nil, and Bailey went out laughing and joking in All Bar One, the 'Game's gone' thread would be going crazy with folk saying 'players don't care any more'. 

What he did was not technically that bad, but it doesn't scan well at all.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

In fairness if we'd just been knocked out of the cup by blues 3 nil, and Bailey went out laughing and joking in All Bar One, the 'Game's gone' thread would be going crazy with folk saying 'players don't care any more'. 

I think if Rashford had just gone out on the lash then it would be a bad look I agree, but it’s his birthday weekend and he had preplanned to get together on that night with friends and family. The night before the game would have been worse but he instead chose the less desirable Sunday night for the party so it didn’t interfere with his performance.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, sidcow said:

Liverpool used to have this obsession about needing a "Liverpool" man in. The boot room etc. Every top player was meant to be an understudy to continue the legendary manager link through history.   They went years without winning the league. 

It's bollocks though. The absolute last thing club needs is to be shackled by the thoughts and especially tactics of some 20+ year old regime. 

Football is different now. There are so many top coaches all over the place developing new techniques and tactics to get a edge, constant redevelopment.  The hairdryer treatment just isn't going to cut it today. 

Think you are right here. I know everyone has a management style, but these are adults here. If you have to shout at them like they are kids, then something somewhere is not right, and it is probably the manager's fault.

5 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

Think you are right here. I know everyone has a management style, but these are adults here. If you have to shout at them like they are kids, then something somewhere is not right, and it is probably the manager's fault.

Also funny hearing the managers pep talks in Welcome to Wrexham with every over word literally being ****. 

Can you imagine that from Emery? 

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

That's the thing, I don't think they do... Certainly not in the way that fans do or want them to or remember from a by gone age

Also think the main thing here which is most telling - the difference from Fergie? That story never gets out, no local rag is reporting that he went out, no one follows it

The days of the press passes being revoked have seemingly long gone

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Villatillidie95 said:

Ratcliffe apparently going to stick with ETH but take transfer control off him…that’s worrying as I thought it was a committee making signings not the manager….TERRIBLE judgement by ETH!

I think that’s not specific to ETH, it’s just a change he wants to make regardless of the manager (any decent manager won’t agree to it so it’s bound to collapse).

• Like 1

It was a stupid decision from Rashford to go out after a dicking by your local rivals. He should have known there was a pretty good chance it was going to happen and had a private party at home instead. 

Everyone would be in meltdown on here if one of our players did it after a 3-0 loss to small heath. 

Edited by villarule123
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

He just signed an incredible contract that he had no chance of getting elsewhere

He is 26 and he has 1 goal this season and got 5 in 2021/22

I know his recent record is poor, but I also think he is a very good player in an environment almost designed for him to fail. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that his output is a product of the madhouse that has been man u for a few years now.

I can't help but think how many of our existing players were written off as useless under Gerrard that are considered wonderful now.  I still think that Rashford could blossom again under the right conditions. 

I suppose my conjecture will remain just that if his contract will prevent us finding out, it's just a shame to me that he seems to be a genuine talent suffocated by a crappy club.

8 minutes ago, Straggler said:

I know his recent record is poor, but I also think he is a very good player in an environment almost designed for him to fail. I'm prepared to give him the benefit of the doubt that his output is a product of the madhouse that has been man u for a few years now.

I can't help but think how many of our existing players were written off as useless under Gerrard that are considered wonderful now.  I still think that Rashford could blossom again under the right conditions. 

I suppose my conjecture will remain just that if his contract will prevent us finding out, it's just a shame to me that he seems to be a genuine talent suffocated by a crappy club.

Rashford had his best ever season playing in this United team under this manager, is other players could use that argument for but dont think Rashford is one of them

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Can see Man. United randomly winning this about 4-2. Calvin Bassey remains in the backline for Fulham, surprised Ten Hag didn't put in a 50m bid given he played for Ajax!

Cue endless tedious posts in the CL thread about how are we "only" 4 points clear of Man. United.

I was literally about to write "nope" as the mofo's scored. 

So bloody annoying, especially as Fulham had endless and easy chances to clear. 

Â