Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

No we wouldn't be. Your employer can't sack you because you are in the local papers for something. Even if you were convicted of domestic abuse your employer still couldn't sack you, assuming it didn't interfere with you being able to perform your job. 

My bad, you're right

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

Hahahahaahahahahahahaha

Pretty ridiculous.

Player is playing poorly and is getting criticised for it. It happens all over the world and not unique to him. It’s the life of a footballer. 

Southgate has a lot to answer for here. He shouldn’t have been in the squad for a variety of reasons. He shouldn’t have played against Scotland based on the Ukraine game. It’s almost like Southgate hates him and wants to ruin his career.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, luckyeddie said:

There's a woman who understands pain.

Giving birth to that head😲

Keep seeing that he is being abused by the media but I’ve not seen anything other than the odd pundit saying they don’t think he should be playing. Isn’t that their job. 

Such a weird thing to do to make this into such a big issue. What an odd hill to choose to die on. I swear all England managers go mad in the end. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Keep seeing that he is being abused by the media but I’ve not seen anything other than the odd pundit saying they don’t think he should be playing. Isn’t that their job. 

Such a weird thing to do to make this into such a big issue. What an odd hill to choose to die on. I swear all England managers go mad in the end. 

I imagine there would be some pretty hostile abuse coming his way on social media though.

• Like 1

Heard this from antonio on his podcast

"When I saw Gareth Southgate speak up, I was like 'well done'. It should have been brought up before. It's been a whole two years."

But he's obviously missing a very big point... He's been shit for 2 years, probably longer, yet he's still playing every England game, people have had enough, maybe at best maguire is getting the brunt of the anger towards Southgate but he's not a very good footballer

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Came from Southgate, it's a much easier option to blame the media, imagine if he blamed the fans, he ain't got the bottle for that, even though it is the fans.

Not sure Utd are backing the right horse here in Ten Hag.

He's been given the reigns completely and they've stank for a lot of games under him. Referees have given them two wins this season.

Be lovely to see it all come crashing down.

• Like 3

53 minutes ago, villaglint said:

I remember the abuse that Tony Adams and Graham Taylor received. That was personal, not just critical. I haven't seen any of that from the mainstream media, but social media will be a cess pool, it always is. Maguire is playing badly, but no one is allowed to mention that according to Southgate. I have sympathy for Maguire in as much as he is not as good as the hype, which is not his doing. A half decent manager would have taken him out of the firing line, it's not like there aren't other decent CBs available.

I’ve seen a ton of people journalists in recent days defending Maguire and saying the abuse is too much. I don’t really see what Southgate is pointing too specifically when he has a go at them for riling things up?

He also implied in his interview that the media circus around Maguire is why the Scots mocked him, as if no Scotland fan has ever watched a PL game or knows anything about what’s going on in the league and how wank Maguire is 

As others have said, if Southgate wants to blame someone for this he should look in a mirror 

3 hours ago, Tomaszk said:

Not sure Utd are backing the right horse here in Ten Hag.

He's been given the reigns completely and they've stank for a lot of games under him. Referees have given them two wins this season.

Be lovely to see it all come crashing down.

They do like to air their dirty laundry don't they. 

Unless sancho is a total rotten egg, and even then you'd try and protect your investment,  I don't understand what they get from constantly ridiculing him in the public domain. They are a complete shit show and I'm similarly not convinced they're backing the right horse. They've got form for being terribly run of late, this would just be another example. 

Long may it continue too 

9 minutes ago, Genie said:

The circus rolls on, Sancho to train separately from the rest of the squad. It’s crazy just how badly run that club is.

And they will still probably beat us in the cup this year when we draw them.

• Like 1

Â