VillaGoMarching

In the last five windows (including this one), we've spent £9m in total,

The accounts for the period including the current window haven't been published yet so you've made this figure up.

Net spends don't include signing on fees, image rights, loyalty bonuses, agent fees and paying up a percentage of the player's contract & bonuses upon selling them.

You may as well have chosen a number between 0 and 100 and it would be just an accurate barometer of the net spend during the period you have mentioned.

I didn't include agents fees for either club, but seeing as they're a fraction of the total transfer fee they're not a massive add-on, and we can be fairly safe in assuming they'll be roughly equivalent. The fees are calculated from: www.transferleague.co.uk being so bad

Edited by KAZZAM

I didn't include agents fees for either club, but seeing as they're a fraction of the total transfer fee they're not a massive add-on, and we can be fairly safe in assuming they'll be roughly equivalent.

Agent's fees are paid to agents not clubs so wouldn't balance out.

I don't get what you mean?

Rumours that Liverpool have made an improved bid for Willian and that he's now assessing his options. Maybe the Spurs medical will count for 'pool, saving them a few quid too?

They say 'unveiled', but I've yet to see a curtain drawn back to reveal a player at any press conference.

Or be wearing a full niqab taken off to reveal.... Willian!!

They say 'unveiled', but I've yet to see a curtain drawn back to reveal a player at any press conference.

The Premier League should make it obligatory, and the club's aren't allowed to say who it is until the curtain pulls back: "Is it Willian? Is it Lamela...?"  [drum roll] "No, it's Carlton Cole!!!!!!!"

£30million for Willian.

Wouldnt pay £25million for benteke.

Mental.

I think the sense was that AVB didn't fancy him.

If true, maybe not because he isn't a fantastic player, but because when you have a player as strong as he is in the air it can tend to tempt the rest of the team to pump the ball up to him at the first opportunity?

Edited by TartarugaJones

£30million for Willian.

Mental.

If true, maybe not because he isn't a fantastic player, but because when you have a player as strong as he is in the air it can tend to tempt the rest of the team to pump the ball up to him at the first opportunity?

If your manager didn't want him, why spend the close season whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

• Like 1

£30million for Willian.

Mental.

If your manager didn't want him, why spend the close season whispering sweet nothings in his ear.

Is that what happened? 

Â