VillaGoMarching

Palace are awful and lack any quality at all. They spent 6m on that Gayle up front.

17m for Paulinho. From what I've seen so far I'd say Spuds have been proper mugged. Maybe he's so confused by how average Palace are.

Personally thought Paulinho was OK. Nothing poor, nothing great.

But I'm not gonna write him off yet.

One thing for sure is that Spurs' midfield is full of solid mofos. Dembele, Sandro, Capoue, Paulinho. All around 6ft and athletic. Imposing for sure. 

I think it is a little early to be making judgements on Paulinho, it is one game and there is a big difference between the PL and just about every league in the world.

Just think back to peoples views on Benteke when he first arrived, by Christmas we will have a real idea of if they have made a mistake or not.

im sure sandro was an instant success at spurs either and id now happily argue he's one of the best holding midfielders in the league...

shame Sigurdsson played I can now put the pipe dream of him signing for us to bed :(

from what I saw they looked decent, passed it around really well but didn't really have any cutting edge, no doubt its the way palace set up, a lot of their moves needed an injection of pace IMO, think they'll be right up at least until Christmas though before finishing 4th

Well Spurs are a one-man team, and that one man isn't playing, so it's not hard to see why they aren't up to much.

That is odd.

First off, Bale would be the stand-out player for almost every team in the world. Tottenham have a team filled with great players, their midfield is amongst the best ones alongside Chelsea and Man City.

Secondly; I would say our team is much more of a one-man team in terms of Benteke. Without him we look very, very average

A 'team of great players'? That's hilarious. Without Bale, they do not have top quality cutting edge, that much is obvious. Unless your idea of top quality cutting edge is Aaron Lennon, Chadli and Sigurdsson, who are certainly not 'great' players.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss

Early days and Spurs had an underwhelming start last season (2 points from first 3 games which cost them CL) but they were playing imo the worst team in the league and they had what 4 shots on target the whole game?

Obviously the win is most important but they don't have the fear factor without Bale as containing Aaron Lennon is a little bit easier. I'll judge them a little more after Swansea at home and Arsenal away, two good tests for them.

And yep given Palace's best forward is a 40 year old, I will safely predict they'll go down and will probably finish bottom.

Early days and Spurs had an underwhelming start last season (2 points from first 3 games which cost them CL) but they were playing imo the worst team in the league and they had what 4 shots on target the whole game?

Obviously the win is most important but they don't have the fear factor without Bale as containing Aaron Lennon is a little bit easier. I'll judge them a little more after Swansea at home and Arsenal away, two good tests for them.

And yep given Palace's best forward is a 40 year old, I will safely predict they'll go down and will probably finish bottom.

Their actual best forward will be back around Christmas from a torn knee ligament, but that's a ways off and who knows how he'll play.

Â