VillaGoMarching

That is true. This season could be the highest Bale's stock gets if Real switch targets by next year to whoever is flavour of the month then.

my opinion too. Spurs will never get an offer this big again. next year is world cup year and they will just go all out for that top player if he isnt a barcelona player

I agree he'll probably never be this valuable again.  But if he's the difference between them getting CL and not getting CL this season then they can allow his value to drop as much as £20m or £30m next season and still be 'net zero loss' on the transaction.  One thing's for sure.  They've a better chance of CL with him than without him and if they don't need the money then I'm still unsure as to whether I'd sell him.  I suppose it all depends on stuff we don't know as outsiders i.e. how the player actually feels in all of this.

That is true. This season could be the highest Bale's stock gets if Real switch targets by next year to whoever is flavour of the month then.

my opinion too. Spurs will never get an offer this big again. next year is world cup year and they will just go all out for that top player if he isnt a barcelona player

Benteke then  :ph34r:

If they keep Bale and get Soldado, i'll put money on them getting CL, and I'd say even finishing ahead of Manure..

I don't think even Moyes could get that current United squad lower than 3rd.  I'd love to be wrong though :P

sky sports news BREAKING NEWS YELLOW BAR!!!!!!!!!!

he's turned up for training

**** off

They did the same thing for Benteke I believe.

Benteke had submitted a transfer request and openly wanted out of the club at the time so there was at least reasonable doubt and circumstance around the possibility that he mightn't turn up. Bale has done no such thing and there's no reason other than utter boredom on Sky's behalf that he'd do such a thing.

If they keep Bale and get Soldado, i'll put money on them getting CL, and I'd say even finishing ahead of Manure..

I don't think even Moyes could get that current United squad lower than 3rd.  I'd love to be wrong though :P

I think on paper it's nowhere near as strong as Chelsea or City's squads, and Arsenal and Spurs could probably get into an argument over their positions too - Ferguson did an incredible job last year of winning things with that group imo.

I think on paper it's nowhere near as strong as Chelsea or City's squads, and Arsenal and Spurs could probably get into an argument over their positions too - Ferguson did an incredible job last year of winning things with that group imo.

I agree and FWIW I have Chelsea and Citeh (in that order) finishing above them. I just think the gap that United won it by means their fall from a league position POV will only be so far. Arsenal might argue they could get 3rd. I just think United will hold onto it. It must be nervy for a Man Utd fan that we can even have this discussion though :D

I agree and FWIW I have Chelsea and Citeh (in that order) finishing above them. I just think the gap that United won it by means their fall from a league position POV will only be so far. Arsenal might argue they could get 3rd. I just think United will hold onto it. It must be nervy for a Man Utd fan that we can even have this discussion though :D

It'd be funny watching the sports governing bodies desperately trying to change the rules if they looked like finishing fifth!

sky sports news BREAKING NEWS YELLOW BAR!!!!!!!!!!

he's turned up for training

**** off

They did the same thing for Benteke I believe.

Benteke had submitted a transfer request and openly wanted out of the club at the time so there was at least reasonable doubt and circumstance around the possibility that he mightn't turn up. Bale has done no such thing and there's no reason other than utter boredom on Sky's behalf that he'd do such a thing.

Fair point.

I wonder how much Spurs make in terms of earnings from Bale itself? Are image rights in the premier league negotiated like they are done heavily in La Liga? haven't really read much on image rights in the PL.

You'd think Bale being on time square, Fifa cover, esquire etc that they would make some heatlhy earnings.. I doubt Levy would let it go if he could unless it was illegal or something in the prem.

So Levy wants £125m. Remind me again how much the new development of WHL is costing? I heard somewhere that the majority of the Bale fee (when it happens) is going towards that.

£400m +

Levy's chasing a £200m sponsorship deal for the stadium,

which also plays into the Bale deal as having the most profiled player in the Premier League is worth shitloads from a marketing point of view

apparently Southampton hd a 25% sell on clause they sold  :suspect:

Yup.  It's up there with the worst decisions ever made by a football club :)  It was while they were in serious financial trouble.  They sold the 25% sell-on clause back to Spurs for £3m and a reserve goalkeeper.  A keeper they've since released having never played for the club.  Somehow 'ouch' doesn't quite cover it :)

Sky now reporting different figures to those above.  Saying Saints still have a 2.5% sell-on, down from 15% and that they got £1.5m not £3m.  They also 'understand' from 'sources' that Bale told AVB today that he wants to go to Madrid.

Â