Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

holmes was on TS last week and basically said because of george best its hard for pretty much his entire generation not to support utd which i can kind of understand and to be fair to him he does seem to go to a fair few matches

Whether words are masculine or feminine.

'I don't care if a pie is masculine or feminine, I wanna eat it, not **** it'

It's unfortunate that the terms "gender", "masculine" and "femine" are used, because that isn't really what they're about.

It's just that many indo-european languages (English being a notable exception) have either two or three different categories of noun. You could just as well call them "type 1", "type 2", etc., rather than using this rather misleading gender analogy, but that's just the way they got labelled way back in time.

holmes was on TS last week and basically said because of george best its hard for pretty much his entire generation not to support utd which i can kind of understand and to be fair to him he does seem to go to a fair few matches
Bullshit. Best's Man U teammate Bobby Charlton was equally iconic for England at the time, but that didn't mean that all English football fans had to support Man Utd.

yes but charlton was one of many good english players in a country with a strong league, if your country had a shit league and only one star player i can see you supporting his team, his justification of being a utd fan certainly seemed believable to me

Bullshit. Best's Man U teammate Bobby Charlton was equally iconic for England at the time, but that didn't mean that all English football fans had to support Man Utd.

But to be fair, if England had no high quality football league, and Charlton played for, say, Milan, then you'd get a lot of English Milan fans.

Ian Holloway moaning about people talking about Charlie Adam. He's the only one who talks about him!

"Ian, what did you have for breakfast?"

"What? Charlie Adam?! no I don't want to sell Charlie Adam!... Charlie Adam"

That hobgoblin can **** off.

In order of preference to go down tomorrow.

1) SHA

2) Blackpool

3) Blackburn

4) Wigan

5) Wolves

SHA and Blackpool going down would be perfect. Then us to slap in a 1.5m bid for Adam. Just to **** 'em off.

Zombies. Pretty much any media featuring zombies is either actively made worse by their presence, or they bring spectacularly little in the way of interest to it. Even straight up zombie films suffer from this imo. Shaun of the Dead is one of my favourite films, brilliant in its opening act, yet the moment it becomes a more overt zombie film it steps down in quality immediately. Another example, Red Dead Redemption, my favourite game of last year, has a zombie apocalypse themed add-on. It's widely regarded as one of console gaming's best add-ons ever, and yet the zombies succeed in only making the gameplay more annoying and reducing the vanilla game's charm.

The Walking Dead is an example of them being pretty uninteresting imo. I love the series, but the zombies are the least interesting part of it. They're almost like scenery, they provide the setting and very little else, occasional moments of threat, and thats it.

would it not be quite a radical departure to have 'interesting' zombies?

To have them plotting, or seeking revenge, or really doing anything above base level would probably have people debating whether they really were zombies. Perhaps thinking zombies could ambush a vegetarian vampire?

Saying that, what was the film along the lines of '28 days later'? possibly with Robert Carlyle? That was different in that they were fast and angry and full of rage. Not sure if they were officially zombied though.

I got quite worried after Shaun of the Dead. I've got quite a large conservatory and they'd be straight through that.

Zombies are shite. They wouldn't last 10minutes, slow, vulnerable, and stupid. They'll rot in the heat, fall apart, and generally just fail to do anything. Zombies would never live long enough for there to reach a critical mass of them for them to actually be threatening.

Zombies are shite. They wouldn't last 10minutes, slow, vulnerable, and stupid. They'll rot in the heat, fall apart, and generally just fail to do anything. Zombies would never live long enough for there to reach a critical mass of them for them to actually be threatening.

I certainly hope so. I live about 30 yards from a graveyard.

Â