Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Every time I mention that I'm running in a forthcoming race being asked: "Oh, what charity are you doing it for?" When I say "None - I'm doing it for my own enjoyment and personal targets", I get sniffiness and raised eyebrows.

Ferfuxsake, I'm a club runner, I sometimes do a race every few weeks. If I was hassling my friends and colleagues for sponsorship money every time, I'd quickly run out of friends.

"Mike and Molly"

Just watched it, will never watch it again. Extremely fat people being extremely unfunny.

I have but one guideline when deciding whether to watch a US sitcom and that is , if they use canned laughter , then it's generally shit .

Modern Family , The Office , It's always sunny in Philadelphia , Parks and Rec , 30 Rock and Community are all hilarious and yet none of them use canned laughter .

On the other hand you have the formulaic , predictable guff like 2 and a half men , Mike and Molly , and Will and Grace that never fail to point out when and how loudly you should be laughing .

Which was why I was surprised to find myself really enjoying HIMYM.

Every time I mention that I'm running in a forthcoming race being asked: "Oh, what charity are you doing it for?" When I say "None - I'm doing it for my own enjoyment and personal targets", I get sniffiness and raised eyebrows.

Ferfuxsake, I'm a club runner, I sometimes do a race every few weeks. If I was hassling my friends and colleagues for sponsorship money every time, I'd quickly run out of friends.

You selfish, selfish bastard.

I have but one guideline when deciding whether to watch a US sitcom and that is - don't.

I recall you mentioning that you enjoyed the show " Miranda " .

Forgive me if I can't take your comedy judging skills all that seriously mate . :winkold: :D

Well it's all subjective isn't it?

TBH I wouldn't watch Miranda by choice, it's not my favourite programme by a very long chalk. But the missus loves it, and when it's been on I've found it mildly amusing in a throwaway fashion, that's all.

I defended it because I simply couldn't agree that it's totally awful as many on here seem to think. It's simply lightweight, silly and unpretentious.

Generally speaking I don't much like sitcoms at all. Although I did enjoy the first series of Benidorm.

American sitcoms? Last ones I watched with any regularity were Cheers and Frasier.

Although I did enjoy the first series of Benidorm.

Sweet baby Jesus and the orphans! Miranda? Benidorm?! I just need Nayson to admit to liking Dinner Ladies and Bicks to confess to a penchant for Bread and the day will be complete. Enough of this madness!

I have but one guideline when deciding whether to watch a US sitcom and that is - don't.

I recall you mentioning that you enjoyed the show " Miranda " .

Forgive me if I can't take your comedy judging skills all that seriously mate . :winkold: :D

Well it's all subjective isn't it?

TBH I wouldn't watch Miranda by choice, it's not my favourite programme by a very long chalk. But the missus loves it, and when it's been on I've found it mildly amusing in a throwaway fashion, that's all.

I defended it because I simply couldn't agree that it's totally awful as many on here seem to think. It's simply lightweight, silly and unpretentious.

Generally speaking I don't much like sitcoms at all. Although I did enjoy the first series of Benidorm.

American sitcoms? Last ones I watched with any regularity were Cheers and Frasier.

As you say it's all subjective . The threads would be dull if we always remembered that though . I like a lot of other stuff that others would deem a bit naff . Phoneshop didn't get much love on here yet I enjoyed the whole season immensely .

I was just helping the IT director at work (a nationwide company) with his Blackberry.

"Are you using wifi or 3G?"

"I just have my headphones plugged in"

"..."

Mind boggling. What pisses me off is that this guy earns a few dozen times what I do, as the IT director, and can't use a **** phone.

I didn't "love" phoneshop, but I thought it had its moments and was fairly funny in parts. Benidorm however is about as funny as being molested by a clown.

I was just helping the IT director at work (a nationwide company) with his Blackberry.

"Are you using wifi or 3G?"

"I just have my headphones plugged in"

"..."

Mind boggling. What pisses me off is that this guy earns a few dozen times what I do, as the IT director, and can't use a **** phone.

Sounds a lot like me. I often have to nod and pretend I understand what my tech team tell me (although I don't earn dozens of times more than them).

Having to wait 2 months to see if I'm going to get any of the Olympic tickets I've put in for (while at the same time, hoping I don't get everything I asked for or I'll be bankrupt!).

Having to walk into a Chinese restaurant to collect a take-away, when people are sitting down eating their meals and you have to walk in & out.

I'd much prefer if there was a counter out the front.

Don't know why it pisses me off, but it does.

Â