Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

out of curiosity, what are the advantages of an ipod over a standard generic MP3 player?

Genuine question. My nippers have Zen MP3's and they appear to do everything and do it perfectly reasonably, the eldest now wants to spend about £150 'upgrading' to an ipod. For the life of me, other than the name I'm failing to see what they do for the extra £100. 

Have a look at http://anythingbutipod.com/ - I used to have a Creative Zen, but they're now on my boycott list. Besides, I use my phone for music nowadays.

out of curiosity, what are the advantages of an ipod over a standard generic MP3 player?

Genuine question. My nippers have Zen MP3's and they appear to do everything and do it perfectly reasonably, the eldest now wants to spend about £150 'upgrading' to an ipod. For the life of me, other than the name I'm failing to see what they do for the extra £100. 

I used to have a Creative Zen, but they're now on my boycott list.

Why?

I used to have a Creative Zen, but they're now on my boycott list.

Why?

They also do pc sound cards. They deliberately released 'updated' drivers which reduced the audio quality, the idea being that people would buy their new 'better quality' soundcards. **** 'em.

Galaxy S4

I find it hard to believe that, just about everyone I know struggles to get his/her phone through the day without charging.

My phone is on 68% battery right now. Came off charge at 8am and I've listened to two hours of podcasts and have about an hours web browsing. 

I know quite a lot about phones. Screen on time is what burns power. MP3 decoding is non taxing on the modern processors they can run in lower power mode. You'd never drain a modern phones battery by solely listening to music. 

So my argument that iPod no longer serves a purpose remains valid. 

As for Zen vs iPod well iPod touch has access to the App Store and can play games etc.. so it's like an iPhone without the phone part. As for the other iPods they remain just mp3 players. I have no idea about mp3 players these days to be honest as the smartphones have made them obselete. 

I am a cover to cover album listener. I do not create playlists and never skip tracks. I like a lot of live sets which are usually an hour to two hours long. 

Your parties must be really fun

• Like 2

I am a cover to cover album listener. I do not create playlists and never skip tracks. I like a lot of live sets which are usually an hour to two hours long. 

Your parties must be really fun

YOU HAVE TO LISTEN TO THE WHOLE ALBUM TO 'GET' IT, JEEEZ

On this subject. People who go to parties and immediately **** with the music.

I find that really rude.

By all means ask after a while if you can change the song. But I know people who turn up to parties and that's basically the first thing they do.

I've never done that but I've been the guy who picked up a guitar at a party at uni :D

Haha, I've moaned about that in this thread before. That's usually the point where I leave. Quickly.

Do smartphones have such a big capacity as dedicated mp3 players though?

well my phone is 64GB so if the kids hadn't filled it with pictures of amusing animations of the cat and their toys , it would potentially hold around 5,000 songs

I reckon that will get me through a work out

Â