Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

A woman I work I with.

Her daughter was 1 yesterday and she had the day off. She's in today and just got a text from her mum who is looking after the baby, saying how she's in the garden with her and a 'happy birthday' balloon just came over the fence and landed. I just saw the photo of it. They believe that it's a present from her late father (the baby's grandad)

I don't know why this pisses me off, they're obviously happy about it, but of course it isn't a balloon from beyond the grave, sent down from heaven.

I just feel bad that it annoys me when them believing it isn't hurting anyone.

I'm exactly the same with my in-laws. They do very little wrong, but their stance towards things very similar to your balloon incident really annoys me. One of them recently rang one of those psycho whores to get some help locating their lost keys. FFS. I have literally zero tolerance for their backwards ways.

I'm at home today, and the missus was listening to "Gardeners' Question Time" on Radio 4 (that isn't what pisses me off, BTW!) The format is a panel of experts taking questions from a live audience.  After the usual requests on what to plant in the shade, and how to prune roses, etc., etc., this **** fruitcake woman comes on and says something like: "I've just planted a rowan tree in my garden, as it has magical properties. Can the panel recommend any other plants which will interact positively or negatively with the spirit world?" 

And they actually burbled on in a slightly embarrassed manner about things which are "reputed" to have such properties - instead of simply saying: "F*ck off out of here and get a life, you stupid nutjob". 

:rant:

• Like 2

A woman I work I with.

Her daughter was 1 yesterday and she had the day off. She's in today and just got a text from her mum who is looking after the baby, saying how she's in the garden with her and a 'happy birthday' balloon just came over the fence and landed. I just saw the photo of it. They believe that it's a present from her late father (the baby's grandad)

I don't know why this pisses me off, they're obviously happy about it, but of course it isn't a balloon from beyond the grave, sent down from heaven.

I'm exactly the same with my in-laws. They do very little wrong, but their stance towards things very similar to your balloon incident really annoys me. One of them recently rang one of those psycho whores to get some help locating their lost keys. FFS. I have literally zero tolerance for their backwards ways.

I'm at home today, and the missus was listening to "Gardeners' Question Time" on Radio 4 (that isn't what pisses me off, BTW!) The format is a panel of experts taking questions from a live audience.  After the usual requests on what to plant in the shade, and how to prune roses, etc., etc., this **** fruitcake woman comes on and says something like: "I've just planted a rowan tree in my garden, as it has magical properties. Can the panel recommend any other plants which will interact positively or negatively with the spirit world?" 

And they actually burbled on in a slightly embarrassed manner about things which are "reputed" to have such properties - instead of simply saying: "F*ck off out of here and get a life, you stupid nutjob". 

:rant:

Were you more annoyed by the stupidity of the question or the lack of an appropriate response?

I think it should be the latter, there will always be nutjobs out there in the world, but a Radio 4 presenter should be able to deal with them accordingly.

I'd say clearly the answer.   The fact that the answer wasn't just the whole panel bursting their shite laughing uncontrollably would have been a disappointment to me :)

• Like 1

garlic?

garlic I guess, for vampires

maybe mushrooms for fairy rings?

Oh, and those big walking trees from Lord of the Rings.

Other than those I think its all bollocks.

A woman I work I with.

Sounds familiar. My mom, sister, girlfriend, girlfriend's sister and girlfriend's mom all went to see that Sally Morgan a few years back, I find it hard to keep my mouth shut.

A woman I work I with.

Did she know where they were?

Annoyingly, she hinted something about them being close to water and they were found in the bathroom soon after. Hence the fiasco continues...

:) That's the problem with them isn't it? So non-specific that they get away with it.

By the way, I've been blessed with the gift of similar powers. I'm getting an energy from you that oxygen flows through your lungs and you like to share your views in an online format.

A woman I work I with.

Sounds familiar. My mom, sister, girlfriend, girlfriend's sister and girlfriend's mom all went to see that Sally Morgan a few years back, I find it hard to keep my mouth shut.

Are the spirits trying to communicate through you?

• Like 3

Duh, everyone knows you pray to St. Anthony if you lose your keys :P

As for what you're talking about. Simon Amstell sums it up. It's cruel to mock the afflicted.

Funnily enough, I never lose my keys.

• Like 1

Psychics really boil my piss. Vile charlatan chancers, the whole thing should be bloody outlawed.

Absolutely this.

I have an aunt who's ploughed hundreds, maybe even thousands of pounds into psychics since her son (my cousin) died a couple of years ago.

In a way, I don't mind the fact that she's comforted in some way by it. What annoys me is that psychic she's paying is exploiting the death of her son for financial gain. THAT annoys me.

You think some of them genuinely believe that they are psychics?

Surely if people are gullible enough to believe that these things work then some people must be credulous enough to believe that they themselves have wizard powers.

Â