Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Baby on board badges.

Yep. "Oh, well I WAS planning to ram the back of your car, but now I've seen the sign, perhaps I won't".

Actually, signs in cars generally. "Don't follow me, follow [football team]"; "My other car is a Porsche"; "Actually, I DO own the road"; "Mum's taxi"; etc., etc.Just **** off.

Par'n me, but I think MCtoW was in fact referring to some new phenomenon even more nauseating than those car signs. Never seen one, but I think he was talking about some kind of lapel badge. These must be for women who feel the car signs are simply not irritating enough.

I'd actually say the lapal badge is more acceptable, because at least it serves a purpose.

Even if it is annoying and a bit obnoxious, at least it's there to alert people that she's pregnant and should give up their seat for her.

Where as the signs in a car are ridiculous. Do you think that's ever actually stopped an accident happening?

People who don't listen to the question on Pointless, I've seen a few examples of this and most recently on Thursday (or Friday) in the final. It was actually really funny. The husband and wife team had several options for their final question including motor sport for him but she said she would be good at 'Hip Hop' so they went with it on her high confidence level. Anyway, the question was Hip Hop stars who appear in the Forbes 2012 high earner list. Her answers were Ice Cube, Ice T and some guy I'd never heard of who went bankrupt in 2006 :lol:

Seriously, she said she would be good at it but clearly hadn't turned her radio on since about 1996. 
Edited by Tamuff_Villa

What pisses me off about POintless is when you get to the final question and the choices are something like

Movies
Football
European Geography
90's Music
14th Century Mongolian Theatre

and they bloody choose, 14th Century Mongolian Theatre, the one category up there I haven't got a bloody hope in hell of answering right.
I usually turn it off if that happens! :)

Baby on board badges.

Yep. "Oh, well I WAS planning to ram the back of your car, but now I've seen the sign, perhaps I won't".

Actually, signs in cars generally. "Don't follow me, follow [football team]"; "My other car is a Porsche"; "Actually, I DO own the road"; "Mum's taxi"; etc., etc.Just **** off.

Par'n me, but I think MCtoW was in fact referring to some new phenomenon even more nauseating than those car signs. Never seen one, but I think he was talking about some kind of lapel badge. These must be for women who feel the car signs are simply not irritating enough.

I'd actually say the lapal badge is more acceptable, because at least it serves a purpose.

Even if it is annoying and a bit obnoxious, at least it's there to alert people that she's pregnant and should give up their seat for her.

Where as the signs in a car are ridiculous. Do you think that's ever actually stopped an accident happening?

I dont see a problem with the baby on board badges to be honest, they are not there to prevent accidents but to alert the emergency services that there is potentially a child in the car.

What pisses me off about POintless is when you get to the final question and the choices are something like

Movies

Football

European Geography

90's Music

14th Century Mongolian Theatre

and they bloody choose, 14th Century Mongolian Theatre, the one category up there I haven't got a bloody hope in hell of answering right.

I usually turn it off if that happens! :)

Well, it's actually 20th Century European playwrights. Ironically, it's the one I think I might have a chance with, but I've never seen anyone pick it.

They always go for films. Despite the fact that Armstrong and Osman have repeatedly said never choose films - with good reason. You usually have to name films by a B-list 

actor, that - unless you happen to be a particular fan of him/her - you won't remember any more than the man-in-the-street sample (which will always include somebody who is a fan of that actor).

Edited by mjmooney

If the emergency services can't look through the window and figure that out themselves then I'm not sure they are going to be much help.

Indeed. Emergency services my arse. They're there because some dimwitted motorist thinks it may give them preferential treatment on the road by other users. 

"Keep your distance from my car - I have a child in here!!!!"

• Like 1

Baby on board badges.

I dont see a problem with the baby on board badges to be honest, they are not there to prevent accidents but to alert the emergency services that there is potentially a child in the car.

What if their IS a child in the car, but they have no child on board badeg??!!

What if they have a child on board badge - but they don't have their child on board at that time - wastimg the emergency services time in looking for a child somewhere in the car ...

But at least I'd be able to have a stab at the movies question.

Whereas with the plays question (or whatever stupid category they choose) I haven't got a hope in hell!

Edit: obviously this is in response to the Pointless...erm.... point.
And it really is something that SHOULDN'T piss me off.

Edited by Stevo985

People who don't listen to the question on Pointless, I've seen a few examples of this and most recently on Thursday (or Friday) in the final. It was actually really funny. The husband and wife team had several options for their final question including motor sport for him but she said she would be good at 'Hip Hop' so they went with it on her high confidence level. Anyway, the question was Hip Hop stars who appear in the Forbes 2012 high earner list. Her answers were Ice Cube, Ice T and some guy I'd never heard of who went bankrupt in 2006 :lol:

Seriously, she said she would be good at it but clearly hadn't turned her radio on since about 1996. 

I would have gone with Ice Cube too, as 1 of them, if the question was not CURRENT hip hop stars, I'd guess, being hollywood types, that they are probably big earneres - certainly the cube is a big holltywood star, so most have some serious dollars.

I saw that and was delighted for her. Dim bitch. And IIRC that's the bloke who knew Alan Jones was WDC in 1980. He'd have had a much better chance than her. Dunning-Kruger effect FTL. When the stupid are super confident.

I would have gone with Ice Cube too, as 1 of them, if the question was not CURRENT hip hop stars, I'd guess, being hollywood types, that they are probably big earneres - certainly the cube is a big holltywood star, so most have some serious dollars.

But it's the Forbes 2012 list.

Which is the highest earners in 2012 isn't it?

So it's unlikely Ice Cube would be in that.

But it's the Forbes 2012 list.

Which is the highest earners in 2012 isn't it?

So it's unlikely Ice Cube would be in that.

Ah.

If it's just earnings in that calendar year, yeah, you're probably correct.

I was basing it on 'total wealth/earnings up to and including 2012'.

I guess I'd have fallen down on this one too. :P

The thought of being on TV and getting that hip-hop question gives me the cold shudders.

If in doubt say Thom Yorke.

I saw you say this in reference to that **** Kevin Bacon meme. Is this a new VT phrase I'm unaware of like "I blame Delaney" or "I hear that Rory Delap has a long throw"?

Â