Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Oh it's true and it's awful. Apart from adding a lot of sweetness to the dish, they swell up to bursting point. Then you happen to burst one in yer gob. Ugh. Not pleasant.

See, I couldn't imagine ever putting raisins in a Curry, but I have put them in tagines in the past, which seems to work well. In reality, there's not a world of difference between a tagine and a curry, so my prejudices may be misplaced.

The fact that I half heard someone talking about Alejandro Faurlin leaving QPR this morning and ever since I've had a Tom Petty song stuck in my head.

Was it on a free?

Jaguar!!!

First they knock down the jag social club, now the showcase cinema in erdington to build a facking carpark!! BASTARDS!!!

Gutted, been that cinema since i was a kid and tonight was the cinemas last ever night.

Nearest is smelly star city which i cant stand and is frankly not a safe place to go

Edited by donnie

I am not really all that bothered about the struggle that the villa are in at the moment, yes I still support them and watch them when I get the chance but even when we get an absolute twatting it doesn't hurt like it used to, I put this down to the fact that I was priced out of the game a fair few years ago.

but today....I made the fateful mistake of wearing a villa coat, its not even one that screams out ''I AM WEARING A VILLA COAT'' its just a big green coat with a lion stitched on the front and back.

Getting in the lift at work and some **** absolute parasitic arsehole walks in after me with a big **** smile on his face laughing to himself, now I havent ever seen this clown before but thought it was strange that he was laughing to himself in a lift with a complete stranger, I looked at him a if to say ''what the **** has tickled you Mr Chuckles'' and he turned around and said ''sorry I saw your coat as I was getting into the lift and couldn't help but laugh, most people would be hiding away refusing to wear anything villa related, but you...you..you are still flying the flag and praying for a miracle, it just amused me'

I explained to him that the coat was keeping me dry and that I would rather that than come accross as the sort who laughs to himself and is in such apparent need to converse with someone that he feels the need to comment on a complete strangers clothes.

really ****'s me off, just because I am wearing something football related doesn't mean that I want to speak with every other **** who think's I am interested in their opinion, I'm not interested I couldn't give a ****, I dont want to speak to people I know 90& of the time let alone talk to them about the villa so what the **** makes you think I want to sit down and watch the shit dribble out of your mouth whilst you are handing out tired opinions and recycling bad jokes.

• Like 1

Shit pub quizzes (again)

Went to one last night. They had a whole round, including bonus points (so a total of 15 available) on the Superbowl.

We got zero.

One team managed 2 points.

What's the point in putting a round like that in there?!

There was also a round on Acronyms. Which was ok, but he'd obviously got the questions off an american website as half of them were about American politics. And the quizmaster seemed outraged that one of the questions was "What does NAACP stand for?". The answer being National Association for the Advancement of Coloured People.

He said it wasn't politically correct.

IT'S YOUR QUIZ!!!!!!! Take it out if you don't like it!

Our pub quiz is getting very predictable.

Every week two of the rounds are: On This Day in History, and This Week's News.

The quizmaster lifts them directly from the BBC website. Not every team has twigged this, but we certainly have, and we make sure we learn the answers every week. This certainly increases our chances of winning - and at the prices in that pub, the free beer prize is definitely a requirement.

But it makes it all a bit like revising for an exam every week.

To be fair, his other rounds are often quite amusing. This week we got "Sandwiches in literature"....  :P

Edited by mjmooney

I find pub quizzes are always a bit, well, ageist.

70s pop trivia is always going to separate the young from the old. 

****, yeah. :)

TBF, I think they have to be tailored to the clientele of the pub. Ours has quite a high proportion of reasonably well-educated over forties. The quizmaster also fits this demographic, so we tend to get a quiz tailored to our tastes. The occasional younger people we get in do tend to boggle at some of the questions.

On the other hand, half the points come from a picture round supplied by the brewery, and that usually has some current pop culture stuff in that baffles us regulars (luckily my missus is surprisingly good on those questions).

I find pub quizzes are always a bit, well, ageist.

70s pop trivia is always going to separate the young from the old.

Yep, one of the rounds last night was "Music"

I was there with my parents and sister so between us we thought we had a decent spectrum of musical knowledge.

The round consisted of him naming albums and the year they were released, and we had to name the artist.

Fine, but every album was between 1981 and 1988. Which is as close as dammit the only period in the past 50 years that none of us had any knowledge about.

We got 3 I think. The round was actually quite easy if you were of that age as the bands were well known, but if you happened to not be that age you were screwed.

Edited by Stevo985

Don't have the questions, do you?

Wouldn't mind a stab at that (even though - or maybe because - I don't like 80s music).

Which reminds me - I took a speculative flyer on The Pixies' "Doolittle" this week. Jesus, it's shite.

Don't have the questions, do you?

Wouldn't mind a stab at that (even though - or maybe because - I don't like 80s music).

Which reminds me - I took a speculative flyer on The Pixies' "Doolittle" this week. Jesus, it's shite.

I'll give you the ones I remember, but I won't be able to remember the year they were released

Back in Black

The Joshua Tree

Brothers in Arms

Private Dancer

Duke

Make it Big

Ghost in the Machine

No Sleep 'til Hammersmith

Can't remember the last two.

As I said, it's pretty easy (as I've heard of all the bands) if you're of that time, but for us it was such a specific time frame that we were screwed.

(for reference, the first 3 are the ones we got)

I defo know the top 3 and think I know the 4th. Don't know the others. The top one is right up there as one of my absolute favourite albums.

EDIT : Yes, I knew the 4th :blush:

Â