Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

13 hours ago, rjw63 said:

I used to enjoy the post match thread on VT; if we’d lost you can have a rant and moan. If we’d won it’s a feel good thread.

These days it’s just spammed with twitter links. Boring and shite.

It's also spammed with people moaning about Twitter links. 

• Haha 1

I have lived in my current place for over 4 years, and it was empty for well over 6 months before that. And yet I still get post from previous occupants, including Christmas Cards.  To start with I was returning back in the post, now it's the bin. I mean come on, 4 years to tell people you have moved. It's enough.

Edited by The Fun Factory
  • Like 2

38 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

I have lived in my current place for over 4 years, and it was empty for well over 6 months before that. And yet I still get post from previous occupants, including Christmas Cards.  To start with I was returning back in the post, now it's the bin. I mean come on, 4 years to tell people you have moved. It's enough.

I kept stuff for the first 2 months. Bin all the way since then

1 hour ago, The Fun Factory said:

Been in our place 2 and a half years, the dozy woman who we bought off still gets dental bills sent here even though she is obviously still using the dentist.

Here's an idea missus, change your address next time you have a filling.

Without wishing to top trump anyone… 24 years here.

For about the first decade, stuff that looked important got put back in the post box marked ‘not known at this address’. After that most stuff is binned, except the last bloke’s pension info.. As of November this year, it’s still coming, and we’ve opened some, and it appears to be fairly important pension stuff, actual summaries of what’s in the pot. So we’ve taped it back up, written not known at this address and returned to sender, as we have on and off for decades.

I know i could just bin it, but part of me is just curious how long a pension company will keep sending financial info that gets opened then resealed and returned. Twenty four years has surprised me somewhat.

• Shocked 1

7 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

For about the first decade, stuff that looked important got put back in the post box marked ‘not known at this address’. After that most stuff is binned, except the last bloke’s pension info.. As of November this year, it’s still coming, and we’ve opened some, and it appears to be fairly important pension stuff, actual summaries of what’s in the pot. So we’ve taped it back up, written not known at this address and returned to sender, as we have on and off for decades.

I know i could just bin it, but part of me is just curious how long a pension company will keep sending financial info that gets opened then resealed and returned. Twenty four years has surprised me somewhat.

What has the bloked lived on for the last quarter of a century if he has no awareness of his pension?  Done a stonehouse and faked his death? 

We are through the Looking-Glass on this one.

1 minute ago, The Fun Factory said:

What has the bloked lived on for the last quarter of a century if he has no awareness of his pension?  Done a stonehouse and faked his death? 

I guess he wouldn't have been of retirement age, but it now coming up to it. I get lots of stuff from my pension provider and i'm over 10 years away from being able to draw it. 

If the stock market performs poorly, i'll be living on £6k a year, if it performs well, i'll be living on £88k a year. Nice to know!

7 minutes ago, Xela said:

I guess he wouldn't have been of retirement age, but it now coming up to it. I get lots of stuff from my pension provider and i'm over 10 years away from being able to draw it. 

If the stock market performs poorly, i'll be living on £6k a year, if it performs well, i'll be living on £88k a year. Nice to know!

I’ll be living on about £100k per year 

as long as I die before I’m 70.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Genie said:

I’ll be living on about £100k per year 

as long as I die before I’m 70.

"On these projections, you will run out of money at 93 years old"

I'll run out of heartbeats long before then! :D 

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

Email their Data Protection team or the ICO and complain about the data breach. They won't ignore it that way.

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

We had something similar, but for a kid's ISA, I'd been getting it for 6-7 years, returning it each time with "not known at this address".

A couple of years ago we did that, but covered the envelope in glitter and spelled out "not known at this address" in cat fur and sequins, created a proper monstrosity, and it must have got someone's attention, because it's the last time we got one.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

We had something similar, but for a kid's ISA, I'd been getting it for 6-7 years, returning it each time with "not known at this address".

A couple of years ago we did that, but covered the envelope in glitter and spelled out "not known at this address" in cat

I got worried when I got to this part of the sentence.

• Haha 1

49 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

It’s a conversation we’ve had, surely he’s at an age where he should be gathering this sort of stuff together. Surely he’s noticed its missing.

From memory when we bought the house, he was older than us, their kids didn’t need a big flat enclosed garden, ours were just getting to that age, and we’re now 50’s, so he has to be at or about retirement age. My guess would be he’s bang on retirement age and that’s why the number of letters has ramped up recently. Part of me worries he’s lost a chunk of pension, part of me thinks your pension is pretty basic admin and not my concern.

2 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

It’s a conversation we’ve had, surely he’s at an age where he should be gathering this sort of stuff together. Surely he’s noticed its missing.

Maybe he's dead. 

14 minutes ago, chrisp65 said:

From memory when we bought the house, he was older than us, their kids didn’t need a big flat enclosed garden, ours were just getting to that age, and we’re now 50’s, so he has to be at or about retirement age. My guess would be he’s bang on retirement age and that’s why the number of letters has ramped up recently. Part of me worries he’s lost a chunk of pension, part of me thinks your pension is pretty basic admin and not my concern.

Idea for TV show- Pensions Reunited, presented by Angela Rippon. Angela goes round the country in a lovely old bullnose morris, surprising baffled pensioners with lost earnings.

Coming soon on the BBC.

• Like 3

7 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Idea for TV show- Pensions Reunited, presented by Angela Rippon. Angela goes round the country in a lovely old bullnose morris, surprising baffled pensioners with lost earnings.

Coming soon on the BBC.

Plot twist, at the end she tells them that after the pension provider fees are deducted and the finders fees applied they actually owe money.

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

Plot twist, at the end she tells them that after the pension provider fees are deducted and the finders fees applied they actually owe money.

Having briefly worked in pension transfers, I found that most private pension funds are utterly shite.

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Coming soon on the BBC.

At some point in each episode, reference is made to her signature dance move, the amazing fact she’s old and can put one leg really high up in the air.

Possibly someone needs a tin of beans from a high shelf, cut to Angela, ‘you stay in your wheelchair love, I can get those for you, with my foot’ …

• Haha 1

Â