Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Where’s the line? I could walk to work but it would take me 2 hours so I drive. I’m lazy apparently. 

Your initial post said "Why drive when you can walk?" - whilst some people could walk for 2 hours, it would be sensible to drive in that instance.  Choosing to drive anywhere that is within a 20 minute walk, though, is laziness.

5 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Quicker doesn’t matter apparently. It’s quicker to drive to the shop down the road so am I lazy if I do that?

Why would you buy food from a restaurant anyway? Just cook your own food. Lazy!

Buying food from a restaurant is a luxury, not convenience or laziness.

(But yes, you should in general cook your own food - of course).

4 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Women that need to get ready. 

Everyone is ready to go but the discussion about which shoes and dress are best carries on.

I have seen 5 minute make ups that have an exact same effect as 45 minute ones from exactly the same women at different times. 

There is some sick twisted "getting ready" thing that they do that achieves exactly the same result but takes 10 times longer, just because, you know, it's for the thing. 

Not exactly the same but....when teams make a substitution the player coming on all of a sudden has to take the training top off, trackie top too....THEN puts his shirt on, shin pads in, even taking off jewellery.....

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Genie said:

Driving to work is far quicker

Not for me it isn’t. I went in by train Thursday and Friday this week and 28 mins door to door. Usually 40 mins in the morning and up to an hour at night by road.

Definitely training it in when the missus is working from home from now on. The cost is about the same

5 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Women that need to get ready. 

Everyone is ready to go but the discussion about which shoes and dress are best carries on.

I have seen 5 minute make ups that have an exact same effect as 45 minute ones from exactly the same women at different times. 

There is some sick twisted "getting ready" thing that they do that achieves exactly the same result but takes 10 times longer, just because, you know, it's for the thing. 

The process actually starts 4 to 6 weeks earlier. Selection of dress, frock, or whatever for said event. Change of mind two weeks later, resulting in said purchased clothes being taken back and swapped for other clothes after hearing one of her friends (someone should detests) MAY have the same outfit 

afternoon in the hairdressers followed by afternoon in the nail bar followed by afternoon in the fake tan shop.

Make up 2 to 3 hours on the day, hair two hours 

event attended, and someone else in the same outfit which results in questioning whether she looks better in it than her. God help you if you get it wrong and also comments that she’s too fat for that outfit et cetera.

Edited by Follyfoot

25 minutes ago, bickster said:

Not for me it isn’t. I went in by train Thursday and Friday this week and 28 mins door to door. Usually 40 mins in the morning and up to an hour at night by road.

Definitely training it in when the missus is working from home from now on. The cost is about the same

Absolutely damning headline there for the Bootle Enquirer: ‘Top Cab Boss Says Train Is Quicker’.

• Haha 1

Just now, chrisp65 said:

Absolutely damning headline there for the Bootle Enquirer: ‘Top Cab Boss Says Train Is Quicker’.

To be honest, I live a 4 minute walk from a station and the office is similar at the other end. Even if I’m going into town I get the bus or train these days unless what is being purchased needs a car

In my experience most people get cabs because they are pissed / have too much stuff to carry / public transport doesn’t go in the right places or takes forever. Buses here are ok if you live in one of the arterial routes into the city but wanting to go somewhere other than the city and it can be hell. We have this bus, the 61, it starts about half a mile up the road from me and ends in Bootle after 2 hours of going all over the place. We call it after that album by a shite local band from them 60s. But round by me very few people use cabs because we have the bus and the train and the buses are very frequent because it’s the airport route

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bobzy said:

Your initial post said "Why drive when you can walk?" - whilst some people could walk for 2 hours, it would be sensible to drive in that instance.  Choosing to drive anywhere that is within a 20 minute walk, though, is laziness.

Who has decided 20 minutes? What if it’s 21 minutes? I’m not lazy if I drive that?

So you never ever drive anywhere that’s within a 20 minute walk?

It’s not lazy if you have decided it’s sensible. What makes it sensible?

I mig ht not have time to walk for 20 minutes, so whatever I need to do and walk 20 minutes back. Or it might be raining. Or freezing. Should I just not go? Or is it ok to drive in those scenarios?

It’s all just so arbitrary 😂

Ordering food to be delivered doesn’t make you lazy ffs 😂

18 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Who has decided 20 minutes? What if it’s 21 minutes? I’m not lazy if I drive that?

I mig ht not have time to walk for 20 minutes, so whatever I need to do and walk 20 minutes back. Or it might be raining. Or freezing. Should I just not go? Or is it ok to drive in those scenarios?

It’s classic everyone should be like me ism. I do this, so everyone who doesn’t is wrong!

The wearing of socks, however, should be compulsory :D 

11 hours ago, bobzy said:

Sat nav is convenience, driving when you can walk is laziness, credit card instead of money is stupidity.

Credit card and earning cashback, air miles and improved credit rating whilst paying the whole balance back each month is quite prudent in my opinion.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Credit card and earning cashback, air miles and improved credit rating whilst paying the whole balance back each month is quite prudent in my opinion.

There’s nothing stupid about using a credit card. You can do stupid things with credit cards, and like a lot of things to get should be used responsibly. 

But fundamentally there’s nothing wrong with them.

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I don’t think anywhere have I said that I am or am not lazy.  I also don’t think I’ve said ordering food would be lazy.

But yeah, there’s circumstance and people make judgment calls.

10 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Amen.

A lot of people don't have the discipline though, and will spend like 'lotto lout' Michael Carroll. 

Seriously though, i had a Dominos last night. My first this year. Collected of course. It is about half the price to collect, in terms of offers/vouchers available. I've got enough leftovers to see me through until Monday! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Xela said:

Seriously though, i had a Dominos last night. My first this year. Collected of course. It is about half the price to collect, in terms of offers/vouchers available. I've got enough leftovers to see me through until Monday! 

Dominoes charge for delivery here now, £2 or £2.50.

I’m not a massive fan but it’s a good option if we’re having a curry or something the children don’t like. Any pizza any size collected for £9.99 and it’s enough for 2 meals for 2 people.

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

Dominoes charge for delivery here now, £2 or £2.50.

I’m not a massive fan but it’s a good option if we’re having a curry or something the children don’t like. Any pizza any size collected for £9.99 and it’s enough for 2 meals for 2 people.

It’s shit pizza though :D 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bickster said:

It’s shit pizza though :D 

The Double Decadence was the only reason I used to order from them years ago.  You paid a premium for it sure, but it was sooooooo good!

domino-s-doubledecadence-1-1623664460.jp

Â