Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

I reckon it pretty much is, in the regard it's being spoken out.

People who order 100 things from "the internet" to then return 99 of them are doing so because they are lazy and that is convenient.

But that’s one specific example (and I disagree with it anyway)

Someone ordering food that comes to their door isn’t doing it because they’re lazy. They’re doing it because it’s convenient. Why would I drive a mile to McDonald’s to get the food when they’ll bring it to my door?

That’s not lazy, it’s just boomer talk. Why use a sat nav instead of a map? Lazy. Why drive when you can walk? Lazy. Why use a credit card instead of earning the money first? Lazy

3 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

They’re doing it because it’s convenient. Why would I drive a mile to McDonald’s to get the food when they’ll bring it to my door?

On that specific example you’d do it because you don’t want it to be freezing cold and missing items when it arrives. You also want to eat within the next 90 minutes.

• Like 4

Working all day on a big project, don’t want to interrupt the thought process, order in food = convenient.

6 hours in to Call of Duty, still wearing yesterday’s clothes, run out of Pringles, no clean plates, order in food = lazy 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

But that’s one specific example (and I disagree with it anyway)

Someone ordering food that comes to their door isn’t doing it because they’re lazy. They’re doing it because it’s convenient. Why would I drive a mile to McDonald’s to get the food when they’ll bring it to my door?

That’s not lazy, it’s just boomer talk. Why use a sat nav instead of a map? Lazy. Why drive when you can walk? Lazy. Why use a credit card instead of earning the money first? Lazy

Sat nav is convenience, driving when you can walk is laziness, credit card instead of money is stupidity.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Sat nav is convenience, driving when you can walk is laziness, credit card instead of money is stupidity.

Where’s the line? I could walk to work but it would take me 2 hours so I drive. I’m lazy apparently. 

5 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Where’s the line? I could walk to work but it would take me 2 hours so I drive. I’m lazy apparently. 

Driving to work is far quicker.

Getting food delivered often takes longer and costs more money so is mainly done out of laziness.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Driving to work is far quicker.

Getting food delivered often takes longer and costs more money so is mainly done out of laziness.

Quicker doesn’t matter apparently. It’s quicker to drive to the shop down the road so am I lazy if I do that?

Why would you buy food from a restaurant anyway? Just cook your own food. Lazy!

Edited by Stevo985

16 hours ago, Mic09 said:

Is it one of those situations where the sis in law could just come in after work but she just has to get changed and do many unnecessary things rather than just come over for some food and get back home?

She ended up leaving work early and getting to ours at the same time as others so it worked out fine.

Unfortunately her and her partner were telling us about how great Donald Trump is. Mother in law said something about how dangerous he is and he’s intent on causing WW3 and they said no chance, he’d stop any world wars happening because everyone is so scared on him.

They said “it’s all coming out now about Biden and his son”

6534ga.png?a472416

• Haha 3

11 hours ago, HallGreenVillan said:

After watching one series of 'The Wire' my standard response to questions where I could answer in the affirmative was this, 'True Dat', I'm a 53 yr old white male, one of my brothers questioned my choice of response, I explained about the wire, still don't think he's watched it yet, hey ho

Shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeet

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Women that need to get ready. 

Everyone is ready to go but the discussion about which shoes and dress are best carries on.

I have seen 5 minute make ups that have an exact same effect as 45 minute ones from exactly the same women at different times. 

There is some sick twisted "getting ready" thing that they do that achieves exactly the same result but takes 10 times longer, just because, you know, it's for the thing. 

• Like 1

Northern Rail. Cancelled all trains from my town for 4 hours  Bad enough, but the reason given is we’ve cancelled them because we’ve cancelled them

This train has been cancelled because of a short-notice change to the timetable

words removed

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

Women that need to get ready. 

Everyone is ready to go but the discussion about which shoes and dress are best carries on.

I have seen 5 minute make ups that have an exact same effect as 45 minute ones from exactly the same women at different times. 

There is some sick twisted "getting ready" thing that they do that achieves exactly the same result but takes 10 times longer, just because, you know, it's for the thing. 

It’s a bit like a transfer negotiation, if you have half a day or 2 weeks. The result is the same, there is just much less messing about if the deadline is looming. 

• Like 1

The 'lazy' thing. 

It all depends on specifics. 

Driving to work instead of a two hour walk is not lazy. Driving to the corner shop instead of a two minute walk is. 

Eating a takeaway occasionally instead of cooking is not lazy. Eating a takeaway every meal is. 

Using a satnav is not lazy. Relying on satnav so much that you have no idea of basic geography is. 

etc. 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

The 'lazy' thing. 

It all depends on specifics. 

Driving to work instead of a two hour walk is not lazy. Driving to the corner shop instead of a two minute walk is. 

Eating a takeaway occasionally instead of cooking is not lazy. Eating a takeaway every meal is. 

Using a satnav is not lazy. Relying on satnav so much that you have no idea of basic geography is. 

etc. 

exactly. So using things that are convenient doesn’t make you lazy

There are too many factors.

Take driving for work. If I could walk there in 15 minutes but drove instead I’d probably accept that would/could be considered lazy. 

But what if it’s pissing it down. Or I’m carrying something heavy to and from work. Or the path I take is fine in daylight, but becomes significantly more dangerous for pedestrians in the darker hours.

All that would negate any laziness accusation I think.

Fwiw, I don’t think I’ve ever ordered food to be delivered to my home. Always collected it.

Ordering clothes online I’ve said before I don’t particularly enjoy doing, I’d rather try it on in the store first. But I have done, through necessity more than anything else. 

My idea of what convenience is for ordering stuff online is something like the Amazon hub at the Londis near me. I order something, ask it to go there. I don’t have to worry about any safe spaces around my house for it to be delivered to or it going to the wrong address. I don’t have to hang about the house waiting for it. When it arrives, I can walk five minutes to a location where I know it’s been delivered to.

• Like 2

Â