Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

There is an Indian bloke by me in the office who slurps his tea loud on purpose

He knows inside he's pissing people off and yet does it anyway

& he slurps it because he makes a boiling tea then drinks it instantly without allowing any cooling time

Complain to HR.

That's what you told me to do when I complained about the same thing ;)

I don't go anywhere near HR

They give me the heeby Jeebys

Gutted for you.

I go near HR as often as possible at our place. Worth it.

Tamuff will back me up ;)

Things I've heard from HR whilst sat near them

"We've got a crisis... we've run out of plastic wallets"

"I don't know why he's so angry, it's not the end of the world just because his pay is two weeks late"

"I've lost your P46, do you have another copy?"

They're useless.

But fit.

Things I've heard from HR whilst sat near them

"We've got a crisis... we've run out of plastic wallets"

"I don't know why he's so angry, it's not the end of the world just because his pay is two weeks late"

"I've lost your P46, do you have another copy?"

They're useless.

But fit.

Imagine how much money world wide is wasted on HR departments ?

If it needs 1 person to do the "job" they get 3 just so the dippy birds have someone to talk to.

It's a paid gossip show with virtually no visible output.

Then THEY go on maternity leave.

In my experience you think corporate HR is bad, come into the public sector, all the innefficiency, idiocy and piss poor decision making without the benefits of being fit. :crying:

In my experience you think corporate HR is bad, come into the public sector, all the innefficiency, idiocy and piss poor decision making without the benefits of being fit. :crying:
Not so here. I mean, yes, they are inefficient, but...

The head of HR is an occasional drinking buddy of mine, and he definitely selects fit women to employ.

I Never trust HR, they are sneaky bastards who are basically the police in disguise

Absolutely, and it's not a particularly good disguise. Most think HR are there for the employee's benefit and yes they can be useful. But their real role is to protect the company. So yeah, the 'police in disguise' is a good description.

As someone who works with HR, I certainly feel where you guys are coming from in many regards. However, not all has to be bad. For example, I work a bit with compensation and benefits, which I find quite exciting because I like to do quite a bit of research into employee motivation and the such, but at the end of the day I think I work to the benefit of other people in the company identifying what they want to be given for their work. But yeah, the normal company without a very established and differentiated HR department can just be a feckin bore.

Things that piss me off - the prices of drinks in the JamHouse, where I'm going tonight for the first time.

I don't think they're too bad in there.

And it's a decent night out in there, pretty good crowd.

Plus I've pulled every time I've been there. Which brings us full circle, as twice they were HR girls from work :D

Things that piss me off - the prices of drinks in the JamHouse, where I'm going tonight for the first time.

Plus I've pulled every time I've been there. Which brings us full circle, as twice they were HR girls from work :D

Also, if he's never before been to the JamHouse, how does he know the price of the drinks in there? :suspect::detect: :winkold:

Have you tried switching it on and off again?

Speaking as an IT help type dude (with one of my hats on), I can only counter with the utter **** stupidity of some of the callers.

Also, if he's never before been to the JamHouse, how does he know the price of the drinks in there? :suspect::detect: :winkold:

I had a sneaky peek at the website :detect:

Eight quid for a Bellini. now I'm not a Bellini fan, but the missus is - £8 for 100ml of sparkling wine and a bit of peach juice. rocket polishers. £6 for a double without mixer! Jeeeez.

Commentators repeatedly pronouncing Chinese names wrongly!
Do Chinese commentators always get western names right?

Serious question.

And on a related point..... commentators/newsreaders hit and miss approach to pronounciation of foreign place names.

Eg. BACHrain, instead of Bahrain but not ParEE instead of Paris.

Pick an approach and stick to it knoblers.

Â