Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

52 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

So an update on this £700 selective license I need for 1 of my properties. I have written to the council stating, it's a managed property, where by I pay a service charge a management fee and a ground rent fee, so I cannot understand what the licence would be for, other than to top up the local coffeers including bonuses for related directors. ( I deleted the last sentence for obvious reasons). I also sent this to my managing estate agent to keep them in the loop.

I have yet to recieve a reply from the council, but the reply I have recieved from the managing agent advises it breaches there teams and conditions (shocking) and if I do not pay the fee they will have to cancel my contract. So I'm  as good as being forced to pay the fee, still not knowing, or having any idea what it's actually for??

Would I be right in saying if you were the occupier as well as the owner, you would be obligated to pay the ground rent and service charge, my assumption is that is a cost as its part of a block of flats/apartment. So they can be removed from this equation as thats a cost you were aware of upon purchasing. Then its managed, is that your choice, that you choose for it to be managed to make life easier for you as a landlord, you arent obligated to pay that right? So those costs are either known as part of the purchase, or a cost you choose to pay. 

34 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

But I already pay a estate agent fee, a management fee and a ground rent fee, I am hardly going to be a rougue landlord when i am already paying over 2k a year to manage it.

It's a job creation tool for the council, 130 new jobs, an I very much doubt my property will ever get inspected by a council??

Yes also £700 upfront, do they think we are all property magnets, the property in question costs me about £350 a month in extra at the moment, there's no profit in it, or my city centre apartment.

If any of your tenants are on housing benefit I presume you'll be returning that money to the council? Fair's fair. 

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Not sure what you point is apart from woe is me

I run a taxi, I have to pay 2 licences, insurance, fuel, cleaning, transaction fess. It's all part and parcel of running a business

Its a cost of running your business

You can always sell the property, have none of the costs and let someone who rents buy their own property.

Could buy a holiday home with the proceeds.

2 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

Just having my first ever iced coffee.  **** me it's horrible.

I remember my first iced coffee. I thought the same and now I have one every day. With ice, as I am normal. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, bickster said:

Not sure what you point is apart from woe is me

I run a taxi, I have to pay 2 licences, insurance, fuel, cleaning, transaction fess. It's all part and parcel of running a business

Its a cost of running your business

You can always sell the property, have none of the costs and let someone who rents buy their own 

Not all rentals need a licence unlike taxi drivers, only certain areas which is also an issue I have. If you rent a property in a affluent area like my other one in the city, or say you have a million pound apartment in London you don't pay. Fair, not really, but your welcome to your opinion.

It's far from like a taxi licence, they claim its to help with crime and anti social behaviour in certain rental areas, why this is down to the landlord to fund, I have no idea.

If you own 2 flats, 1 of which is in an affluent area, I think you can easily afford 700 quid, and you can't expect much sympathy from people on here, especially when people are really struggling to make ends meet at the moment.

As Bicks says, if it's an issue for you, sell it.

5 hours ago, Anthony said:

If any of your tenants are on housing benefit I presume you'll be returning that money to the council? Fair's fair. 

It's a private rent.

In reality there are so many dodgy landlords renting shit holes, good landlords like myself are now having to pay towards cleaning this shit up.

1 minute ago, StefanAVFC said:

If you own 2 flats, 1 of which is in an affluent area, I think you can easily afford 700 quid, and you can't expect much sympathy from people on here, especially when people are really struggling to make ends meet at the moment.

As Bicks says, if it's an issue for you, sell it.

You obviously think like the government we are all rich cause we have a couple of rentals, they literally cost me excess £500 a month after rent, there's no profit and no money in the business to pay £700.

It's not really all about the money anyway, if you wanna read what it's for, it's just a council blag, or I am just paying towards removing the dodgy landlords.

13 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

It's a private rent.

In reality there are so many dodgy landlords renting shit holes, good landlords like myself are now having to pay towards cleaning this shit up.

Yup. Loads round here. My freeholder is also a landlord, and the posterchild for "Slum Landlord"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Anthony said:

Yup. Loads round here. My freeholder is also a landlord, and the posterchild for "Slum Landlord"

All that's gonna happen is the 'slum' landlords will just put the cost of the licence on to the tenants rent too!

Or if these dodgy landlords have 10+ properties, that's gonna cost them £7000+. They ain't paying that no chance. 😂

10 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

ou obviously think like the government we are all rich cause we have a couple of rentals

Without stating the obvious, relatively speaking you are, you own three homes

1 hour ago, Seat68 said:

I remember my first iced coffee. I thought the same and now I have one every day. With ice, as I am normal. 

Tbf I think I chose a really bad one.  It did have ice in though, it was just really bad coffee.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

You obviously think like the government we are all rich cause we have a couple of rentals, they literally cost me excess £500 a month after rent, there's no profit and no money in the business to pay £700.

It's not really all about the money anyway, if you wanna read what it's for, it's just a council blag, or I am just paying towards removing the dodgy landlords.

I mean you literally are rich.

Sell them and you're a millionaire. In assets you already are.

Edited by StefanAVFC

37 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

All that's gonna happen is the 'slum' landlords will just put the cost of the licence on to the tenants rent too!

Or if these dodgy landlords have 10+ properties, that's gonna cost them £7000+. They ain't paying that no chance. 😂

Is the license tax deductible? 

Hay-fever.

Can f**k right off. 

Stupid, awful allergy. 

It's not like it's something you could avoid as pollen is everywhere this time of year. 

It stops you from enjoying the sunshine or opening the windows.

It's not something you could throw male bravado at as if it was something dangerous or interesting that you're allergic too.

It's grass. That's a pathetic thing to be allergic to and be beaten by.

And the reaction to it is disgusting. Makes sufferers look like snotty, wheezy, red eyed zombies.

Â