Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

People who say "nom nom nom" when describing a particular favourite food.....what....are you all 3 yrs old again ????

This x 10

Gets right on my tits!

And I don't know why but the phrase "Going for a bite to eat" winds me up.

Extreme bullshitters piss me right off.I mean anyone can add a bit of bull onto a subject but I mean people that tell you stuff that is virtually impossable and expect you to believe it.

That picture reminds me of something that immediately raises my ire whenever I watch the local news. If you watch Central News (you poor sods) every night, without fail, at some point they'll refer to and read out some comments off their Facebook page, usually referring to the 'controversial' news of the day, which'll range from 'they're closing a hospital' to 'they've put up a speed camera and 4 people got caught speeding'. And lo and behold, every one that they read is some reactionary moron slightly right of Hitler who desperately typed up some flippant rubbish punctuated by bile. I don't **** care what John of Solihull thinks about tonights news - for a start he's clearly a mouthbreathing idiot, and secondly, it's not **** news what John of Solihull said on your bastard Facebook page.

...then again anyone watching most of Central News every night will realise that most of what happens in the West Midlands each day isn't news. It's like they've got a quota of unfortunately ill children, and transport related reports to do every week, punctuated by the sport.

And don't get me started on the weather on it. 'Here's a hideously photoshopped picture by Dave of Mosley, thats a lovely picture of some blown out daffodils near Weoley Castle Dave, thank you, keep sending them in'. **** off.

Central news is bad, but I find the Welsh one even worse.

Last week they ran a story about a mother and her 2 children, one of which went outside to play, the other stayed inside and played on the xbox.

That was it. It had interviews with the children and everything, before showing some poorly played out scene where the mother told the kid to turn off the xbox and go outside to play.

Most of the bullshit 'consciousness raisers' on Facebook I can grit my teeth and put up with. But the exceptions are the ones that something like: "Post this on your Facebook status if you care about [some bad thing]. I know that 99% of you won't do it, and I know the 1% who will".

****. Right. Off.

One of my FB friends posted one last week saying it was Autism Awareness Week, complete with the emotional blackmail coda. I pointed out to her that there is no such thing as Autism Awareness Week. There IS an Autism Awareness Month - and it's April. I suggested that a better approach would be simply to name the charity, post a link to their website, and leave it up to people to follow up if they chose to.

To her credit, she agreed with me, apologised and took the picture down.

Haha, on the subject of Facebook here's the type of status I hate... I think it's called the Daily Mail Status... this was put on facebook today by a "friend"...

SO LET ME GET THIS STRAIGHT ... If you cross the North Korean border illegally, you get 12 yrs. hard labor. If you cross the Afghanistan border illegally, you get shot. Two Americans just got eight years for crossing the Iranian border. If you cross the UK border illegally you get a job, a drivers license, food stamps 4 tesco, a place to live, health care, housing & child benefits, education, & a tax free business for 7 yrs ...No wonder we are a country in debt. Re-post if you agree

Just **** off.

It's Retard Awareness Day every day on facebook. Every time a friend of mine posts some shite like that, I become aware that they are a retard. So it's a good system in that sense.

Most of the bullshit 'consciousness raisers' on Facebook I can grit my teeth and put up with. But the exceptions are the ones that something like: "Post this on your Facebook status if you care about [some bad thing]. I know that 99% of you won't do it, and I know the 1% who will".

****. Right. Off.

One of my FB friends posted one last week saying it was Autism Awareness Week, complete with the emotional blackmail coda. I pointed out to her that there is no such thing as Autism Awareness Week. There IS an Autism Awareness Month - and it's April. I suggested that a better approach would be simply to name the charity, post a link to their website, and leave it up to people to follow up if they chose to.

To her credit, she agreed with me, apologised and took the picture down.

Good work Mike, i shall slaughter 50 goats in your honour! :)

That picture reminds me of something that immediately raises my ire whenever I watch the local news. If you watch Central News (you poor sods) every night, without fail, at some point they'll refer to and read out some comments off their Facebook page, usually referring to the 'controversial' news of the day, which'll range from 'they're closing a hospital' to 'they've put up a speed camera and 4 people got caught speeding'. And lo and behold, every one that they read is some reactionary moron slightly right of Hitler who desperately typed up some flippant rubbish punctuated by bile. I don't **** care what John of Solihull thinks about tonights news - for a start he's clearly a mouthbreathing idiot, and secondly, it's not **** news what John of Solihull said on your bastard Facebook page.

...then again anyone watching most of Central News every night will realise that most of what happens in the West Midlands each day isn't news. It's like they've got a quota of unfortunately ill children, and transport related reports to do every week, punctuated by the sport.

And don't get me started on the weather on it. 'Here's a hideously photoshopped picture by Dave of Mosley, thats a lovely picture of some blown out daffodils near Weoley Castle Dave, thank you, keep sending them in'. **** off.

I,and the wife gave up watching the news years ago,in fact I only found out about the twin towers episode the next day at work. The news is about the bad/depressing things that happen every day,why cant they have a second news about all the good news stuff that happened ?

It's Retard Awareness Day every day on facebook. Every time a friend of mine posts some shite like that, I become aware that they are a retard. So it's a good system in that sense.
Yep, a bit like lending an acquaintance, say, ten pounds. You get it back, great. You don't get it back, the person is not to be relied upon or trusted - information which is worth a lot more than a tenner. In fact if the information isn't worth a tenner you shouldn't be lending them that much in the first place.

Central news is bad, but I find the Welsh one even worse.

Last week they ran a story about a mother and her 2 children, one of which went outside to play, the other stayed inside and played on the xbox.

That was it. It had interviews with the children and everything, before showing some poorly played out scene where the mother told the kid to turn off the xbox and go outside to play.

Central news does have Lucy Kite though...

I,and the wife gave up watching the news years ago,in fact I only found out about the twin towers episode the next day at work. The news is about the bad/depressing things that happen every day,why cant they have a second news about all the good news stuff that happened ?
You Are Martyn Lewis and I Claim My Five Pounds.

Â