Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

My ringtone goes "Ring, ring". Like a phone.

If I want to hear a song I'll play a CD.

Yep the same.

Well apart from the last bit, what's a CD? :winkold:

Music on phones should be made illegal unless you use headphones. Playing music without headphones on a bus/train should result in the death penalty. (unless it's a song I like, but 99.999999999% of the time it isn't)

I'm surprised Mike is aware of CDs, I'd have thought he'd be still with the wax cylinder phonographs, the pinnacle of 19th century audio tech.

Or hell, mobile phones even. I've always assumed he must be using one of these

GrossdeutschlandObserver.jpg

Or smoke signals.

Wait a second, I'm sure I saw him on a picture the other day...

here it is

aman54l.jpg

At least I know how to link images that aren't broken.

EDIT: OK, it's working now.

That annoying bloke at edgbaston cricket ground, telling me every 5 minutes to "get behnd the Beeeeaaarrrss !!! " at the T20 game I went to recently. I believe BRMB or Free radio station supply said announcer but mate, shut the **** up ! I know its a 20/20 game...I know there's just been a wicket and I know who the home team is !!!

I guess its just another DJ-related, " I love the sound of my own voice" type rant but honestly, we aint all sheep, so stop trying to "whoop up" the atmosphere in a ground that had about 800 inside it, cos there aint gonna be any to "whoop".

Estate agents !! I am going to move back to UK to look after my dad as he is now nearly 81 & I need to be near him. I have rang 4 estate agents this morning & none are willing to help as I don't have a job in the UK. It doesn't matter that I can pay 6 months rent in advance . They all want a guarantor that owns their own house. 1 wanted 3 months deposit, 9 months rent in advance,a guarantor who owns their own house who has £12,000 in the bank. This is going to be harder that what I thought :(

Work. Specifically, **** bosses.

Is it "National Shit Monday at Work Day" or something?

Several VTers have complained already, and my day isn't going any better.

My inability to find a pair of shoes that I like. All I want is simple black shoes, something you can wear to work. They all look shit. I'm not quite sure when it became fashionable to have pointy shoes that are 3 foot long but it seems everyone wants them based on the choice offered in most places.

My inability to find a pair of shoes that I like. All I want is simple black shoes, something you can wear to work. They all look shit. I'm not quite sure when it became fashionable to have pointy shoes that are 3 foot long but it seems everyone wants them based on the choice offered in most places.
You're lucky you weren't around in the early 70s when platforms became fashionable. For a couple of years it was difficult to get any shoes that didn't look like something Frankenstein's monster would wear.

If you don't want those generic shiny office shoes I'd go for something like all black converse instead, obviously don't wear them with a suit though but for a normal working day they are great.

Needs to be a proper pair of shoes that can go with shirt and tie/suit occassions, unfortunately. The last pair of shoes like that I bought look fine (although 4 years of irregular use has left them looking a bit... cheap) but are the least comfortable things in the world to walk any distance in, so time for replacement I figured. Seems like maybe not...

Where had you looked, Chindie?

If you go somewhere like Office they have absolutely all sorts in there. That's where I normally go to get work/smart shoes.

I'm sporting a pair of their brown brogues as we speak.

If cost is an issue, try Next or Slaters. You'd be surprised at the stuff they offer, especially Slaters. Decent choice and som every affordable shoes

Â