Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Me and the Mrs need to get a train for 30 mins and then a 20 minute walk to the nearest eatable curry. There are some nice ones in Amsterdam but thats a long way from the coast.

The Dutch don't like Indian food, far too tasty and nice for them. They prefer to eat utter rubbish every day. Basically the whole country revolves around bread.

Aren't the Dutch famously great lovers of chocolate sprinkles? (not a euphemism, despite the other things Amsterdam, at least, is famous for). Chocolate sprinkles on everything.

The Dutch don't like Indian food, far too tasty and nice for them. They prefer to eat utter rubbish every day. Basically the whole country revolves around bread.
Mmmmm, bread. I'm with the Dutch on this one.

My mate.

He has two sets of friends, so when everyone's away at uni (he's stays in Birmingham) he goes off with them which is fair enough but if you ever text him, you get **** all back, he doesn't speak to you for the time you're away (not just me either, he does it to the whole group). Then as soon everyone comes back he's always out with us. I've no problem with him as a person, it just really **** me off the way he flits between the two groups when half the year he doesn't give a shit.

What's worse is that when he's with one of my best mates, he turns him in to an insufferable bell end and you can't separate them.

I had that with a mate once. Well, the second bit about them turning into an absolute arsehole when they were in the company of a certain individual. I just stopped ringing him after a bit and decided to spend time with people I actually enjoyed being with rather than people who I had just happened to have known since childhood. As you grow older your interests change and you do grow apart from people you had once been tight with.

Mmmmm, bread. I'm with the Dutch on this one.

Bread AND curry :thumb:

that David Nalbandian is now being investigated for assault

FFS whoever it was that complained , get a life

I've seen people blown by land mines make less fuss than that line judge

Fat parents who feed their fat children shit food.

I was stuck behind a gargantuan mother and her litter of chubby words removed in the supermarket, and in between the assortment of ready meals, crisps, and discount lager, they had this ceral:

lion-cereals-55284.jpg

Chocolate and caramel cereal? This shouldn't even exist. Anyone who feeds this shit to their kids should be killed, seriously. I'd gladly take an axe to each and every one of them.

Me and the Mrs need to get a train for 30 mins and then a 20 minute walk to the nearest eatable curry. There are some nice ones in Amsterdam but thats a long way from the coast.

Aren't the Dutch famously great lovers of chocolate sprinkles? (not a euphemism, despite the other things Amsterdam, at least, is famous for). Chocolate sprinkles on everything.

Yep, they do that on bread ffs. The best one is a hot cross bun type thing here. Bit of butter on it, nice as. They put cheese on it.

I have to import a lot of items via the Internet from home as the food is truly awful. They have no biscuits / crisps / chocolate or anything of that nature that is worth eating.

I was stuck behind a gargantuan mother and her litter of chubby words removed in the supermarket, and in between the assortment of ready meals, crisps, and discount lager, they had this ceral:

lion-cereals-55284.jpg

Chocolate and caramel cereal? This shouldn't even exist. Anyone who feeds this shit to their kids should be killed, seriously. I'd gladly take an axe to each and every one of them.

I don't think there's anything wrong with parents giving their kids chocolate, sweets or this kind of cereal, it just depends on how much or how often.

I loved running to the shops with my pocket money and stuffing my face full of junk food. They're only kids once, I say let them enjoy themselves.

But fatties with fat kids with fatty food in their fat trolley, yeah I hate that.

And lion bar cereal is freaking awesome! Try it!

lion-cereals-55284.jpg

I don't think there's anything wrong with parents giving their kids chocolate, sweets or this kind of cereal, it just depends on how much or how often.

In moderation, you probably have a point, but the sight of a trolly packed full of this sort of thing, with nothing fresh or green included, drives me to despair.

I couldn't give a toss if it were a single bloke or a couple, they can eat what they damn well please, but when there are kids involved it's just loathesome.

lion-cereals-55284.jpg

would you rather they were feed wholegrain and lentils and were shitting themselves inside out every 10 minutes ??

It's all about moderation

I agree with you about obese kids , it's criminal , I saw 2 the other day when I was down the playground with mine and they nearly snapped the see-saw in half , no excuse at that age and the parents should take a long hard look at themself ... but as I say it's all about moderation

In moderation, you probably have a point, but the sight of a trolly packed full of this sort of thing, with nothing fresh or green included, drives me to despair.

I couldn't give a toss if it were a single bloke or a couple, they can eat what they damn well please, but when there are kids involved it's just loathesome.

Agreed. I can't think what the thinking behind it is for the parents other than, 'we buy it them because it makes them happy'.

that David Nalbandian is now being investigated for assault

FFS whoever it was that complained , get a life

I've seen people blown by land mines make less fuss than that line judge

He wont get done for it, but I think the police have to investigate. Anybody who has seen what happened will know it was not malicious and Nalbandian will get away with a caution. I think his punishment of a disqualification from Queens had to happen, but it was also more than enough.

Attention seeking.

My boss has been going on lately about how an old friend has been battling with illness, and keeping us all informed on a daily basis about what's going on. Without wishing to sound heartless, none of us really want to know in all honesty, I'm sure she wouldnt care if the shoe was on the other foot. Anyway, my boss barely knows this person, he's not really any more than a friend of a friend, if that.

Anyway, sadly, said person passed away yesterday. My boss was inconsolable, the whole office got to hear about it in a flood of tears peppered with a good helping of "me, me me.. blah blah blah".

She's back in the office today, laughing her head off, in the mood of her life.

Attention seeking.

My boss has been going on lately about how an old friend has been battling with illness, and keeping us all informed on a daily basis about what's going on. Without wishing to sound heartless, none of us really want to know in all honesty, I'm sure she wouldnt care if the shoe was on the other foot. Anyway, my boss barely knows this person, he's not really any more than a friend of a friend, if that.

Anyway, sadly, said person passed away yesterday. My boss was unconsolable, the whole office got to hear about it in a flood of tears peppered with a good helping of "me, me me.. blah blah blah".

Tell her you need the afternoon off to go and see someone in hospital who has the same name as someone you used to go to school with.

Attention seeking.

Anyway, sadly, said person passed away yesterday. My boss was inconsolable, the whole office got to hear about it in a flood of tears peppered with a good helping of "me, me me.. blah blah blah".

Women! :winkold:

Speaking of attention seeking, a manager in my office is much like that. He sits opposite me (the slurper if anyone remembers a former complaint of mine). Nice guy, and he's not my direct manager so I don't deal with him much, but he is very attention seeking.

The kind of guy who speaks very loudly on the phone so everyone knows he's talking about something important.

And he'll come in and loudly declare how many emails he has. "God! I've got 43 unread emails!"

No-one cares.

But worst of all, yesterday he forgot his watch. And he would not stop telling people, as if it was the end of the world.

"Oh I'm so unaware of the time today because I've forgotten my watch"

"It's so strange not having a watch"

He even loudly, on numerous occasions, asked the whole office if anyone had the time, because he didn't know it as he'd forgotten his watch.

He has 2 phones (personal and work), and a desk phone, and a computer all of which show the correct time, and he was sitting directly in front of all of them.

Attention seeking.

This really winds me up. That fake, 'look how caring and upset I am' act. My ex was like that whenever she talked about her passed grandparents and it really wound me up. Makes you feel a bit of an arsehole for thinking it though.

Â