Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I've said it before but I genuinely think I have a phobia of phones. I hate using them
We've covered this one in the past, and you're not alone. I'm the same. I'd rather either email OR meet face-to-face than have to phone somebody.

You really know how to push his buttons.

:oops:

To say the Voice is NOT contrived is about as wrong as you can get, imo.

Maybe it's not contrived in the same way, but it's so setup.

Well I know a girl that is on this week and although the bits you are seeing on tv at the moment were recorded in may I am told that at this point it is not contrived. Watch out for Jenny jones

Well I know a girl that is on this week and although the bits you are seeing on tv at the moment were recorded in may I am told that at this point it is not contrived. Watch out for Jenny jones

But... what... not... THE Jenny Jones??? :o

I guess it depends on what we mean by contrived. I'm talking more about who gets through to the auditions, and the actions of the judges. The fighting with oneself on whether they should push the button etc.

Client (a govt dept): we'd like a replacement roof exactly the same as the old one which is at the end of it's serviceable life.

Me: Wouldn't you prefer materials and designs that are newer, better and cheaper?

Client (a govt dept): no no, we know what we want, an exact replacement.

some time passes...... I return with spec and drawings

Me: ok here's the design for your roof, wadja think?

Client: there's no man safe system and it doesn't have a 25 year guarantee

Me: that's right, you insisted on an exact replacement, this is an exact replacement

Client: well it's got to be better than the old one, that's obvious surely?

Me: *^%$!£"! basssssstards

'UK Lifestyle Survey'.

3 times this week I've been called by an Indian chap claiming his name is Jack who wants to know about our gas supplier. First 2 times I've let him know that the person who deals with that is on holiday. The third call this morning I pre-empted all his questions, told him he'd rung yesterday ('No I did not sir!'), told him no he couldn't continue with his questions and hung up.

Anyone know what scam this is? Google doesn't reveal much besides other people getting nusiance calls.

'UK Lifestyle Survey'.

3 times this week I've been called by an Indian chap claiming his name is Jack who wants to know about our gas supplier. First 2 times I've let him know that the person who deals with that is on holiday. The third call this morning I pre-empted all his questions, told him he'd rung yesterday ('No I did not sir!'), told him no he couldn't continue with his questions and hung up.

Anyone know what scam this is? Google doesn't reveal much besides other people getting nusiance calls.

I get those types of calls regularly at work. I just wind them up something rotten until they get fed up .

Tell them you can only discuss matters after THEY have answered some security questions. I usually put them on hold for ages too whilst I go and make a cup of tea .

'UK Lifestyle Survey'.

I get those types of calls regularly at work. I just wind them up something rotten until they get fed up .

Tell them you can only discuss matters after THEY have answered some security questions. I usually put them on hold for ages too whilst I go and make a cup of tea .

I'm sure I read about some guy, when phoned asked the caller why he is calling a murder scene and how he new the deceased. then wouldn't let him put the phone down till he answered his questions

'UK Lifestyle Survey'.

I'm sure I read about some guy, when phoned asked the caller why he is calling a murder scene and how he new the deceased. then wouldn't let him put the phone down till he answered his questions

The guy that did that is on Youtube IIRC. He's done a few similar things but the murder scene one is the best by a distance IIRC.

I have considered leaving them on hold. Might do that next time.

There's so much scope with regards to winding up a tele-marketer that I actually look forward them .

From last Monday.

Them ....Hi , My name is Gary and I am calling about your energy provider.

Me. ....I am fine with food thanks . ( A rehearsed answer to a common question. I am not that quick witted )

Them..."ha ha " Can I talk to whoever is responsible for paying the bill ?

Me .....That would be myself (It's not, but my boss gives me free reign in these calls as everything is done via head office at Travis Perkins anyway)

Them .....Did you know that you could be saving at least a third on your energy bill blah blah blah

Me......To be honest mate I am not interested in saving money, if anything I'd rather be paying more because I'm running a high class kitchen outlet, not some two bit peep show in Rio De Jeneiro.

Them ....(confused) So you don't want to save money ?????

Me.....Not really pal, being frugal is for the Greeks, Jews and Jocks...do I sound like any of those ?

Them ....Thank you for your time sir.

Me......You're welcome. If your prices ever go through the roof then please call back as then I'll be interested.

Them .....OK sir (laughing) then hangs up .

If only churches did sales calls......

C'mon you can't tell me the Witnesses have never come a knocking?

Aren't they just the worst? At least the 'real' religions don't come round bothering you with their pamphlets and boring stories.

Are they the ones with the blue rosettes?

No, more entertaining than them. You invite them in for a cuppa then ask them if they'd like to come to a swingers party :mrgreen:

Aren't they just the worst? At least the 'real' religions don't come round bothering you with their pamphlets and boring stories.

Nah those NPower freaks are the worst with their electrickery lies :mrgreen:

Â