Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Dealing with people who think that because I work in Health and Safety I am going to listen to the most pathetic shit and keep my mouth shut.

One girl was complaining about her back hurting her and wanted a new chair, I pointed out that having her keyboard 2 foot in front of her was the cause, she said that it had to be there so she could write on her pad and after suggesting putting her pad next to her on the side she went barmy telling me it was a disgrace that she had to put her head into a slight movement right to make a note! My boss got involved and as her desk was a mess suggested putting her stapeler etc in the draw, her response "Im not being funny but that means I will have to turn to open my draw" I lost it and nearly got into trouble by asking if she wanted someone to wipe her arse for her to.

10 awesome points have just been awarded to you sir!!! :D

I kinda liked the nutters/weird clients.

Oh, we get likeable ones too.

The old guy that appears partially clothed covered in bleeding bandages is a favourite. He doesn't smell so we go with it. He browses for a couple of hours, buys a handful of stuff and off he goes. Presumably back to reconnect his drips.

The short guy with the pointy hat, leather cape and staff. He might be a druid, he smells, er pungent, but it's not like piss or shit. It's a strange mix of leather, BO and medicinal herbs.

The happy looking guy, always in light hued suits, sporting a copper wire pyramid on his head at all times.

The post gender swap op Harley Street doctor. Most commonly seen in summer, tipsy and gushing at male members of staff. 6ft tall, hands like Pat Jennings.

Mr Winton adhd who just buys anything he wants with wads of £50s. His family is loaded and his hilarious hookeralike girlfriend knows it.

But then you get Mr Simms who can't be left alone with the female staff and dribbles everywhere.

Clive, who is not in fact Clive, he's Clive's twin brother - Clive's getting married in Manchester, in between working with Terry Wogan.

Can't complain though I've got some absolute legend customers too, they don't belong in this thread.

Every time I try to unsubscribe from the Villa online store newsletter it redirects me to a page that is blocked by my anti-virus software for being a harmful page.

Really mature, Villa :x

The VOice

I was forced to watch it last week as I was visiting friends who watch it (a married couple, obviously)

It is so so shit.

I mean, X Factor and those other shows are shit anyway, but at least parts of them are either amsuing, or watchable in small doses.

But The Voice. It is the worst. I could go on for pages about what pisses me off about it.

The VOice

I was forced to watch it last week as I was visiting friends who watch it (a married couple, obviously)

It is so so shit.

I mean, X Factor and those other shows are shit anyway, but at least parts of them are either amsuing, or watchable in small doses.

But The Voice. It is the worst. I could go on for pages about what pisses me off about it.

I quite like it, in a junk TV kind of a way.

I've not seen it but heard a few people here say how shit it is... then I hear it wiped the floor with BGT for ratings last week leading to Simon Cowell moving BGT from this week onwards to avoid a clash. Surprised.

I've not seen it but heard a few people here say how shit it is... then I hear it wiped the floor with BGT for ratings last week leading to Simon Cowell moving BGT from this week onwards to avoid a clash. Surprised.

I would normally never watch any of the TV "talent" shows, but funnily enough I watched both The Voice AND BGT last weekend.

They actually weren't as bad as I'd expected, and I found them mildly enjoyable in a trashy sort of way. Not enough to watch again, mind.

Answering the phone at work and the conversation goes as follows;

Me: "Good morning, *insert company name*"

Them: "..Sorry, is that *insert other company name*"

Me: "*headdesk*.. No.. It's *insert company name*"

Them: "Oh right.. Sorry"

Here's a handful of reasons why I don't like the Voice

It's ridiculously smaey compared to other shows of the same ilk.

The whole premise of the show is bullshit. "It's all about the voice". Bollocks. Did the people who pick these guys to go through to the blind auditions not see who they were picking? of course they did. And once the blind auditions are over, what then? Oh it's just X Factor. Again.

Jessie J. **** me she's annoying. She talks as if she's been in the music business for 50 years. And she puts her hand to her ear and sings along like she's hearing it in a different way to all of us. Die

Danny from the script. Purely because he always turns around, pouts, and bobs his head like an egyptian.

Every week, apparently, they've had an ex-popstar audition. That's a nice coincidence :detect:

The constant umming and ahhing over whether they should press their button. It's so false.

I could go on

And I don't hat eall those shows. I have time for the xfactor. I don't watch it a lot, but if I'm with someone who does, I don't mind watching it.

And I have a lot of time for BGT. It's funny at times. And Britain's Got More Talent is an underrated show. That is actually hilarious.

But The Voice just irriateted me beyond belief.

Answering the phone at work and the conversation goes as follows;

Me: "Good morning, *insert company name*"

Them: "..Sorry, is that *insert other company name*"

Me: "*headdesk*.. No.. It's *insert company name*"

Them: "Oh right.. Sorry"

We used to have a phone number that was only one digit different from a local doctors' surgery.

We regularly got the same woman ringing up -

Our secretary: "Good morning, University of Bradford IT Support" (or words to that effect)

Woman: "Can I make an appointment with Doctor [X], please?"

Our secretary: "No, this is the University of Bradford, you've dialled [123456788], the number you want is [123456789]"

Woman: "Oh, sorry" (hangs up)

30 seconds later...

Our secretary: "Good morning, University of Bradford IT Support"

Woman: "Can I make an appointment with Doctor [X], please?"

...and so on.

Happened a couple of times every week.

I told her she should have just said "Certainly madam, Doctor [X] can see you at 11.30. By the way he says to tell you that your tests came back and you've definitely got AIDS" - but she was too nice to do it.

The whole premise of the show is bullshit. "It's all about the voice". Bollocks. Did the people who pick these guys to go through to the blind auditions not see who they were picking? of course they did. And once the blind auditions are over, what then? Oh it's just X Factor. Again.

Jessie J. **** me she's annoying. She talks as if she's been in the music business for 50 years. And she puts her hand to her ear and sings along like she's hearing it in a different way to all of us. Die

Danny from the script. Purely because he always turns around, pouts, and bobs his head like an egyptian.

Every week, apparently, they've had an ex-popstar audition. That's a nice coincidence :detect:

The constant umming and ahhing over whether they should press their button. It's so false.

I could go on

Now thats all well and good but the Voice wins over XFactor and BGT for me for the simple reason that so far noone with obvious learning difficulties or who is simply a bit..... well, "special" has been humiliated on national TV because they have been led on by a cynical production team.

I could go on

Quality rant.

'Ridiculously Photogenic Guy'

Get **** you complete **** word removed. How has he became famous for smiling at a camera during a marathon? We must live in a society of complete braindead **** mongoloids if all you need to do to get famous is smile while running. Cocky word removed was on This Morning as well yesterday, posh **** cretin.

I cant be the only one envisioning my clenched hand going straight through his rich boy whitened perfect smile and straight through the back of his head.

clearing in the woods.

'Ridiculously Photogenic Guy'

Get **** you complete **** word removed. How has he became famous for smiling at a camera during a marathon? We must live in a society of complete braindead **** mongoloids if all you need to do to get famous is smile while running. Cocky word removed was on This Morning as well yesterday, posh **** cretin.

I cant be the only one envisioning my clenched hand going straight through his rich boy whitened perfect smile and straight through the back of his head.

clearing in the woods.

Glad to say I have no idea who you refer to :-)

Â