Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Buying something is easy, you, being male, know exactly what you want, so you go in there with purpose and get what you want quickly and efficiently in a way that no one can doubt your motives, when you're waiting around though you're just loitering in a corner trying.
gap-man-woman.jpg

Loving the fact the site ads have picked up on the lingerie discussion and all ticked over to lingerie.

:clap::hooray:

:D I think we may have discovered a way to bring back the lovely ladies thread... just mention lingerie in every post and let the ads take care of the rest!

Buying something is easy, you, being male, know exactly what you want, so you go in there with purpose and get what you want quickly and efficiently in a way that no one can doubt your motives, when you're waiting around though you're just loitering in a corner trying.
gap-man-woman.jpg

That's just reminded me.

Tesco has refurb'd and now I don't know exactly where everyting I want is meaning the time spent inside the store has trebled to almost 9 minutes.

Still love the self check out though.

Self check out never works for me. Keeps claiming there is something unaccounted for on the baggage area, or something to that effect. Then everyone turns around to see me frantically figuring what the **** is happening, pissing about with the touch screen, and thinking to themselves that i must be a deliquent.

Self check out drove me mad when people started using it as the get out clause for a weeks shop on a Friday at 6.30pm when the tills are all taken.

Great idea for a couple of easy items. When you see a trolley full go through it, eurgh.

I, a grown man, without any children, have been invited by a friend to their child's birthday party. Their 4 year old daughter's birthday party.

I asked if it wasn't so much a 4 year old girl's birthday party as an excuse for a general get together, and was told "No, we're having clowns and everything".

Why, just why.

What sort of mentalist thinks a good catch would be a single man who turns up without children to a 4 year old girl's birthday party. This hypothetical woman needs to be sectioned.

Self check out drove me mad when people started using it as the get out clause for a weeks shop on a Friday at 6.30pm when the tills are all taken.

Great idea for a couple of easy items. When you see a trolley full go through it, eurgh.

This is how I feel. They need to limit it to a basket or a certain number of items.

Saw a woman using it the other day. Not only did she have a trolley, but she didnt' bag it as she scanned it through, she just left it all strewn on the "baggage area" and so once she'd scanned and paid, she had to bag it all up.

In no way was it worth her using that checkout.

Today I had to go all the way to London to one of the other offices that belong to the company that I suffer for where I job shadowed a team of people who do the exact same job as me. No one really knew what to do with me as I knew it all. It's absolutely ridiculous. I cannot explain how pointless and tedious the whole thing was and tomorrow I have to go back there and actually do some of the work with them all (today I was just 'watching').

So today, I had people explain to me exactly what I do myself on a daily basis and have done for over 6 months now and tomorrow I will be doing my job... but I have to go well out of my way and the guys at this office have to go out of theirs, just to do so, just so my boss can feel good about himself for making a managerial decision.

word removed

This is how I feel. They need to limit it to a basket or a certain number of items.

Saw a woman using it the other day. Not only did she have a trolley, but she didnt' bag it as she scanned it through, she just left it all strewn on the "baggage area" and so once she'd scanned and paid, she had to bag it all up.

In no way was it worth her using that checkout.

Not being asked if you collect clubcard points is worth entering a trolley load of barcodes manually into the machine.

That's how I look at it anyway

Loving the fact the site ads have picked up on the lingerie discussion and all ticked over to lingerie.

:clap::hooray:

I've only read as far as this post and scrolled up to see the ads, did the female (or gay, I guess) version of Voinjama post in this thread?

operay.png

The lack of Summer Transfer and Lovely Ladies threads.

Especially since the absence of those threads does not seem to have decreased the amount of wankery on this site... :(

Self check out never works for me.

The local thieves didn't take long to find out that if you scan the items and place them in your bag it deactivates the alarm on the bar code even though at that point you haven't paid , and then you can just pickup your bag and walk out without the alarms going off

maybe they have fixed that flaw now , anyone want to give it a go and let me know how they get on ?

Self check out never works for me.

The local thieves didn't take long to find out that if you scan the items and place them in your bag it deactivates the alarm on the bar code even though at that point you haven't paid , and then you can just pickup your bag and walk out without the alarms going off

maybe they have fixed that flaw now , anyone want to give it a go and let me know how they get on ?

Depends on the type of SCO, the main supplier of them within the UK, NCR ( which provides them to the likes of Tesco, Sainsbury's, Asda, and Boots) hasn't ever built any sort of detagger in to the SCOs themself, so the on hand employees have to deactivate the security tags. Which company was this?

I've never tried self-scanning alcohol, does it work? They're supposed to ID you for age, after all.

And how about more than two packs of paracetamol?

I've never tried self-scanning alcohol, does it work? They're supposed to ID you for age, after all.

And how about more than two packs of paracetamol?

In both of these scenario's a message of "assistance needed" goes out requiring a staff member to verify the contents before you can pay/leave.

Â