Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

9 minutes ago, bickster said:

I'm no data meff, 12GB a month - £20 ?

I once called a scouser a meff and he kicked off big time, really REALLY insulted. I thought it meant nothing more than "idiot", like "sof' lad". Perhaps he was being too sensitive ?

Same as when I called an Aussie a bludger. Not happy at all !

45 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

You're getting ripped off ;) 

50 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

That really isn't good value for money, try Giff Gaff.

not really, I buy 12Gb usually but only use about 9-10GB - The same usage on Giff Gaff is the same price

Sure I could get 20Gb for £20 on Giff Gaff buts that just more data I won't use and I really can't be arsed changing my number to save £0

5 minutes ago, bickster said:

Sure I could get 20Gb for £20 on Giff Gaff buts that just more data I won't use and I really can't be arsed changing my number to save £0

Why would you change your number?

• Like 3

22 hours ago, mottaloo said:

On a similar vein, I'm usually the poor sod next in line to use such a petrol pump.....I'm waiting for the owner of the car in front to return to their vehicle....and I'm waiting....and waiting....and waiting until they finally amble out with 5 full bags of groceries and to cap it all off they give me a gormless, "huh !?!" look as the queue behind my own car stretches in to the road.

Go to a proper fckin supermarket next time you massive word removed !!

On the whole 'poor sod next in line' thing, but in regular supermarkets.  I am guaranteed that whichever queue I join, someone ahead of me will have a problem requiring either the employee to leave the till and traipse back to the fruit & veg aisle to locate a pineapple that has a barcode on it, or something requiring a manager to come over from the furthest point of the building, or several failed attempts to pay with knackered credit cards.  I just laugh now.  It's always something and somehow it's always different.  But it's always **** MY queue.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, BOF said:

On the whole 'poor sod next in line' thing, but in regular supermarkets.  I am guaranteed that whichever queue I join, someone ahead of me will have a problem requiring either the employee to leave the till and traipse back to the fruit & veg aisle to locate a pineapple that has a barcode on it, or something requiring a manager to come over from the furthest point of the building, or several failed attempts to pay with knackered credit cards.  I just laugh now.  It's always something and somehow it's always different.  But it's always **** MY queue.

Don't forget the till roll. They always have to change the till roll. 

34 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Don't forget the till roll. They always have to change the till roll. 

Till rolls in general piss me off.

As in, why do we HAVE to have a receipt?

Should be at the customer's request only, imo. Some places seem to be moving that way, asking if you need a receipt. But the machine still prints it off, and the cashier just bins it.

1 hour ago, limpid said:

Why would you change your number?

Because I really couldn't be arsed to go through the transferring your number from one company to another, that's even more hassle for £0

It's actually much easier for me to send a text with the new number to approximately 6 people and change the phone number on my file at work myself than it is to converse with call centre staff.

Remember, this is to save £0

EDIT: I'm also a believer in changing my number every so often anyway, cuts down on the bullshit calls from accident management companies etc (and yes I do know about TPS)

7 minutes ago, bickster said:

Because I really couldn't be arsed to go through the transferring your number from one company to another, that's even more hassle for £0

I get your point that you wouldn't be saving money, but transferring your number is almost zero hassle.

Edit: also telling your current provider that you're leaving for giff gaff because you get more for £20 than they offer would probably make them offer you a better deal. And that definitely could save you money.

Edited by Stevo985

25 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Should be at the customer's request only, imo. Some places seem to be moving that way, asking if you need a receipt. But the machine still prints it off, and the cashier just bins it.

I don't know if all Morrisons are the same, but the self checkouts at the five ways one don't ask if you'd like a receipt, it just spits it out at knee height. It's really easy to not notice your receipt lying on the floor.

At lunchtime, you get hundreds of office workers going in there just buying meal deals, so the floor gets covered in receipts. The assistant spends most of the time running around picking them up and binning them.

...should this be in the boring thread?

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

My guess would be auditing purposes.  A literal paper trail.

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

So Whatsapp - it is not just reinventing the wheel.

I'm still in the 20th century and from the outside looking in, it sound like email/texting to me.

It's not.

The main way it differs from texting is it easily allows group chats, plus easily allows sending of pictures , videos,  locations etc. Text messaging has caught up somewhat I guess.

Also Whatsapp uses your data/wifi instead of your text message allowance. That's probably what set it apart originally because back then people would still pay per text, or have much smaller text allowances.

Plus these days you can phone and video call people through Whatsapp. so again avoiding your normal phone charges and helping with poor signal.

It differs from email in the same way texts differ from emails. It's instant, short messages back and forth. You wouldn't do that with emails (well I guess some people might but doesn't seem nearly as convenient)

Edited by Stevo985

3 minutes ago, Unused Sub said:

So Whatsapp - it is not just reinventing the wheel.

I'm still in the 20th century and from the outside looking in, it sound like email/texting to me.

In a chat format, you can also send picture messages without the ridiculous charges that it would normally incur. You can do voice calls on it, so lets say you have wifi at home but poor phone signal, as this is often the case with my wife, then you use whatsapp for calls.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

My guess would be auditing purposes.  A literal paper trail.

You're probably right, but why does the customer need a copy? If they want a copy, sure. But why the necessity to give them one?

Again I'm sure there's a rule that means they have to, but the rules should change. With the whole saving the planet thing getting more and more prominent, imagine how much paper gets wasted through discarded receipts.

4 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

In a chat format, you can also send picture messages without the ridiculous charges that it would normally incur. You can do voice calls on it, so lets say you have wifi at home but poor phone signal, as this is often the case with my wife, then you use whatsapp for calls.

And don't forget videocalls.

28 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I get your point that you wouldn't be saving money, but transferring your number is almost zero hassle.

Edit: also telling your current provider that you're leaving for giff gaff because you get more for £20 than they offer would probably make them offer you a better deal. And that definitely could save you money.

Nope, I know of no providers that offer "better deals" on PAYG, not one

Almost zero hassle > zero hassle

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It's not.

The main way it differs from texting is it easily allows group chats, plus easily allows sending of pictures , videos,  locations etc. Text messaging has caught up somewhat I guess.

Also Whatsapp uses your data/wifi instead of your text message allowance. That's probably what set it apart originally because back then people would still pay per text, or have much smaller text allowances.

It differs from email in the same way texts differ from emails. It's instant, short messages back and forth. You wouldn't do that with emails (well I guess some people might but doesn't seem nearly as convenient)

I kind of understand……..so it is if we’re comparing FIFA/ISO 2019 with Sensible Soccer. More buttons/things to press!

Â