Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Autoglass ads on the radio.

Made by cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunts and only cuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuunts would belive them

Sounds like the words of a man who's had a bad windscreen repair experience.

Sounds like the words of a man who's had a bad windscreen repair experience.

correct

'Gangsta' words removed who can barely speak discernable English 'cos how gangSTA! they are who get mardy and throw displays to ground on their way out in rage because they can't **** read.

A guy comes into the shop, I serve him and find out that he's come in to a return on an item. He explains that he'd just been released from prison and his missus had bought him some stuff to come home to, one thing of which was a controller for a PS2 she'd bought, which she'd got from us. He's not into it so hadn't opened it and wanted the money back.

We don't do cash refunds. Or perhaps more accurately we only do cash refunds in very certain circumstances. I checked with my manager anyway just to make sure and sure enough, we don't do cash refunds. The other guy I work with also confirms that. I explain this to the fella, who is one of those guys who talks like he's from a Compton street gang, talks to us like we're shit, if you can understand the garbled rubbish coming out of his mouth. He claims his receipt says he can get a refund. I look at the receipt and point out that, sorry sir, no it doesn't - it says you can return for exchange or credit, not cash. The other fella I work with also points this out, and tells him the only way we can refund cash is if the item is faulty and we can't replace it.

Guy asks for the manager. We get the manager - he doesn't realise our manager is the kind of guy that, if you come in with attitude or try to **** us around, is going to go out of his way to make sure that the rules are followed to a tee. He also explains we can't refund cash. The guy is clearly getting mardy and just says 'It's faulty then, yeah'. My manager goes 'It's faulty? It's unopened. It's not faulty'. Guy ain't having it. My manager goes in the back, grabs a PS2, sets it up from scratch, and proves to the guy it isn't faulty, and tells him we can give him credit, give him another one, or he can leave. The guy takes the latter option, clearly has snapped, so decides to take it out on the shop by punching a load of stuff to the ground, cos you know, he's a gangsta hardman, innit?

It was made worse by the fact we had other customers in the store, including kids. It really pissed me off this guy had such a sense of entitlement and a really grim attitude (no wonder he's only just got out of prison), that he could act like that over something and not realise or care that theres other people in the shop, and that we're just doing our jobs. Even before he did his little attempt at trashing the shop he was oozing this kind of attitude that he intended to get his way by being intimidating. He was just the kind of person that you just think 'Society probably didn't miss you when you were inside'.

If someone has the receipt as proof of purchase and hasnt opened it, surely he is entitled to a full refund, im fairly sure thats standard in almost every other shop??? Guessing im wrong though :P

So next time you're bringing something back that you 'just don't like'. Remember to hit it a belt of a hammer or take the scissors to it first; whatever's appropriate :)

But I was in HMV a month ago and bought the playstation move starter pack, saw it cheaper in game so took it back and said i want to return it, wasnt asked why they just asked for the receipt and the card it was bought on and gave me a refund no questions asked.

But I was in HMV a month ago and bought the playstation move starter pack, saw it cheaper in game so took it back and said i want to return it, wasnt asked why they just asked for the receipt and the card it was bought on and gave me a refund no questions asked.

Obviously at HMV's discretion. They don't have to let you do that.

A lot of shops do let you do it, as I said. Well worth checking before you buy however, don't just assume you can get your money back if you change your mind. To make it a bit more confusing at certain times (Christmas mostly), shops that don't usually let you return an item for cash, sometimes do for that period. Just because it makes things far easier for them.

Different story if you buy online/over the phone/any other form of distance selling - you can return for pretty much any reason any standard item within 7 days of receiving it IIRC.

...tells him the only way we can refund cash is if the item is faulty and we can't replace it.

If goods are faulty, the customer is entitled to a full refund, regardless of whether you can replace it or not. Legally.

Â