Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Fire drills at work, when it's cold, wet, and horrible outside, you've not got a coat, and it's feeling very likely you've got a cold coming. Why couldn't they have it yesterday, when it was nice and sunny?

because fires only start on rainy days, silly

• Like 1

5 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

Fire drills at work, when it's cold, wet, and horrible outside, you've not got a coat, and it's feeling very likely you've got a cold coming. Why couldn't they have it yesterday, when it was nice and sunny?

Nice and sunny in the north east?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seat68 said:

less Middlesborough?

Pretty much. I was in Boro the other night, just as it was getting dark, and as you drive on the A66 past the chemical cooling plants, you can totally see how Ridley Scott got his inspiration for how the opening shots of the skyline in Blade Runner should look.

1 hour ago, dAVe80 said:

Pretty much. I was in Boro the other night, just as it was getting dark, and as you drive on the A66 past the chemical cooling plants, you can totally see how Ridley Scott got his inspiration for how the opening shots of the skyline in Blade Runner should look.

I went up to boro for the first time in the 90s and I can still remember all those cooling plants and the smog. Remember thinking bloody hell what a grim place.

15 minutes ago, Rugeley Villa said:

I went up to boro for the first time in the 90s and I can still remember all those cooling plants and the smog. Remember thinking bloody hell what a grim place.

It has a bad rep, and for sure it's a grim looking place. There's also some really good people from there, and Teesside in general. I've also had some great nights out in Boro, and there's actually a really good music scene there. Just a shame about their football team, but at least they're not Mags!

2 hours ago, dAVe80 said:

It has a bad rep, and for sure it's a grim looking place. There's also some really good people from there, and Teesside in general. I've also had some great nights out in Boro, and there's actually a really good music scene there. Just a shame about their football team, but at least they're not Mags!

Few lads from up that way have been working on rugeley power station on and off for years and tbf they seem decent lads and like a good drink.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

I forget Rugeley is a place now, I just think it's your name @Rugeley Villa

'Rugeley power station' threw me.

Where men are men and also where the women are like men. Rugeley born Rugeley bred strong in the arm and thick in the head. I know I know that's enough of that nonsense now, but feel free to pop over one day and I will give you a guided tour. Plenty to see and I can put a good story to some of the places. Just got to be careful of the RYT though.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, mottaloo said:

This. 100% this. In particular,  those who stand in the door way to bars, barely outside meaning you still have to walk through their plumes of smoke. However, the one that REALLY does my head in are the ignorant words removed who smoke right outside hospital entrances ! Not including the buggers in dressing gowns, hooked up to drips or in wheelchairs as they shouldn't wander off too far. I once took a pic of a nhs notice outside an entrance to good hope thanking folk for not smoking. It was surrounded by fag ends.

Oh the irony. 

Yep. I've been stuck in a van with two chain smokers all week. Worst week I've had at work for a long time.

On 25/08/2016 at 08:12, maqroll said:

i had some psycho pull a knife on me earlier. i was able to talk him down. scary streets out there.

What happened? Was he high? In broad daylight? 

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

Recently started working in Rugeley. I might take that as an inspirational quote and put it on the wall for my team! 

Remember to take Ruge up on his guided tour offer! 

16 minutes ago, Xela said:

What happened? Was he high? In broad daylight? 

not sure. his movements were very deliberate and he seemed lucid...i think he was just a head case. he didn't like me talking to his girlfriend who i didn't know was his girlfriend. very stupid situation.

Â