Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

They always seem to have queues stretching the length of the store

I wonder if that's the whole point :P having queues at your business sometimes helps perpetuate an (erroneous?) idea that your product/service is genuinely popular.

Could be, I am sure I saw a programme about life just after the war. Many women used to join the back of long queues even thought they had no idea what was at the front. Logic been it must be god if people are queuing.

(Don't forget there was not much food about)

Women are dumber than I thought. :winkold:

Could be, I am sure I saw a programme about life just after the war. Many women used to join the back of long queues even thought they had no idea what was at the front. Logic been it must be god if people are queuing.

Isn't that a generally believed quirk us furreners have about the Brits, that they love a good queue and they'll join the back of one just to see what's at the front of it :)

Isn't that a generally believed quirk us furreners have about the Brits, that they love a good queue and they'll join the back of one just to see what's at the front of it :)
Us and the (Soviet-era) Russians.

Clubs often make people queue outside even if it's dead inside to make it look like there's a crowd.

Don't think that would work for shops though.

I'd be generally discouraged from going into a shop if it was crowded.

A lot of retail outlets use "queue time" as a Key performance Indicator as well I believe

How would you feel like when you are waiting for something in a shop and then someone just walks right to the front and buys their shit and walks off. You'd be fuming, ready to crush the can of coke on the guys face.

It happens here in Turkey, it infuriates me. Cars beep AS SOON as the lights turn green. There's a attitude of impatience which is proper fooking annoying, and they don't shower. But, that's for another ignorant, bigoted time.

How would you feel like when you are waiting for something in a shop and then someone just walks right to the front and buys their shit and walks off. You'd be fuming, ready to crush the can of coke on the guys face.

It happens here in Turkey, it infuriates me. Cars beep AS SOON as the lights turn green. There's a attitude of impatience which is proper fooking annoying, and they don't shower. But, that's for another ignorant, bigoted time.

Yeah I didn't know that happened, I thought he was just talking about England.

The Maltese have a sort of extreme version of the British Q system.

Pedestrians queue very politely for buses with a real set of mores, you can queue out of line, people will scan the area, see you leaning against your tree, accept that you were there before them and stop the queue for you to get on the bus at about the point people judge you to have been in the area.

Then there's Maltese car driving, and it's everyman for himself, drive in the shade as fast as you can, fwk the law, I'm late for church!

A slight generalisation of a lovely bunch of people.

best thing about the British Que system is that if someone jumps it no one does anything other than tut and grumble under their breath

used to take the City line before the Jubilee line opened .. now that was carnage of the finest order , I've been standing right in front of the door as the tube came to a stop and still barely made it inside the carriage .. tbf it was the women who were the worse

best thing about the British Que system is that if someone jumps it no one does anything other than tut and grumble under their breath

used to take the City line before the Jubilee line opened .. now that was carnage of the finest order , I've been standing right in front of the door as the tube came to a stop and still barely made it inside the carriage .. tbf it was the women who were the worse

Probably because you'll more than likely end up in a fight, and it's not worth it. This isnt no posh train station either (which is what it is probably like in comparison to my bus stop), its a bus stop in the middle of city centre where a bus that goes through some of the biggest shitholes in Birmingham happens to stop.

Â