Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

1 hour ago, ismail-villa said:

Having to go hospital (Friday evening) with a bad burning sensation and rash. Turns out it was shingles, days before my birthday and eid. Great. 

Ouch, bad luck mate. Never had it myself, but I know people who have. Nasty. Get well soon. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

Having to go hospital (Friday evening) with a bad burning sensation and rash. Turns out it was shingles, days before my birthday and eid. Great. 

A lot of people think that shingles tends to flare up due to stress which affects the immune system.

From what my mates tell me, the month of Ramadan is a very tough discipline when it occurs in June in the northern hemisphere, what with the long hours of fasting and very little sleep.

Shingles is notoriously painful and can last a few weeks.

Commiserations and sympathy, our kid.

Edited by MakemineVanilla
  • Like 1

My mom has been suffering from shingles for the past three months now.

She is 73, and because her spleen was removed when she had Leukemia, her immune system is incredibly low (she has to have infusions every three weeks to help with it) so to say that it's knocked her about would be an understatement.

It's an absolute bastard of a virus :(

3 hours ago, ismail-villa said:

The Norwegian word for shingles translates as 'Hellfire'. Just throwing that out there to make you feel better ;) 

• Like 2

23 hours ago, Ikantcpell said:

Hunting, You must have some serious mental problems if you enjoy killing animals.

I recently went on a shooting jolly with work, did a thing called game simulation, basically they take clay pigeon shooting where you're stood there saying pull and taking your shot and simulate a game drive so you get hundreds of clays fired over you in random directions and you shoot whatever you line up, it was brilliant but **** me it was expensive, met a bloke who reckons he spends around £45k a year shooting (the day of simulation I think was £200 each plus ammo, if you do live hunt you pay for what you kill)

talking to the guys there a lot of what they do is numbers control, they're employed to do the hunting, mainly in Scotland, added to that the various bird seasons is on land where they've created an area where the breeding is increased to create the numbers to allow the shooting to take place, pretty much the same as the food industry they're farming them for shooting

the bloke who organised it was a deer stalker, speaking to him about it was interesting, they're furious if you shoot something you're not allowed to, the gamekeeper will cancel events without refund and kick you off if you shoot something you're not allowed to, I asked him about the lions and what have you, he was fuming, he said the whole point of deer stalking was to get so close that you can kill it instantly, none of this shot with a bow and tracked as it slowly dies nonsense 

so they don't like injuring animals and they don't like shooting the wrong thing but I got the buzz with the gun I can see why people do it, it's not some bloodthirst that they have to kill things

8 hours ago, maqroll said:

What's been messing me up is not an excess in consumption (for my standard :D), but the way booze interrupts sound sleep, either because you get up twice to piss, or because you're body is working extra hard to expel the poison you put in yourself. 

I'm the same, I never sleep well when I've been drinking. Its just fitful and fractured sleep. Wake up feeling more tired. 

Edited by Xela

Some peoples lack of self respect.

Girl I know has been cheated on by her fella 3 times in the last 18 months and every time she has taken him back. Ultimately comes down to a dread of being by herself. Her chap has basically got free reign to **** around knowing she will be at home cooking his dinner and washing and ironing his clothes. What an appalling existence

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MakemineVanilla said:

A lot of people think that shingles tends to flare up due to stress which affects the immune system.

From what my mates tell me, the month of Ramadan is a very tough discipline when it occurs in June in the northern hemisphere, what with the long hours of fasting and very little sleep.

Shingles is notoriously painful and can last a few weeks.

Commiserations and sympathy, our kid.

I don't think it's due to fasting because I feel great tbh when I do fast. I do have other health issues and the nurse said to have an appointment with my GP to see why i may have low immunity. Here's hoping for the best and thank you for your kind words :)

2 hours ago, Designer1 said:

My mom has been suffering from shingles for the past three months now.

She is 73, and because her spleen was removed when she had Leukemia, her immune system is incredibly low (she has to have infusions every three weeks to help with it) so to say that it's knocked her about would be an understatement.

It's an absolute bastard of a virus absolute

Wishing your mum a speedy recovery mate x

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Wainy316 said:

That McDonalds chicken wrap advert is putting me off McDonald's.  Why isn't she wearing gloves or using tongs?  Dirt mare!

Wearing gloves is no more hygienic than using your hands, unless you change your gloves each time you handle something different, in which case you might as well just wash your hands and save on the plastic.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If he's been caught cheating 3 times and got away with it I'd safely bet that he's done it far more times than that

Indeed. I just can't fathom why you would put up with it, Do people really have such low self esteem they'd rather be a doormat than be single?

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Shouldn't you be pissed off with the guy rather than the girl. He's the cheat after all.

Oh he's a shit, no doubt about that! Goes without saying. 

Its just I wonder why people put up with it, its frustrating. She'd be much better off without him and it pisses me off that she doesn't see it

7 hours ago, Xela said:

Some peoples lack of self respect.

Girl I know has been cheated on by her fella 3 times in the last 18 months and every time she has taken him back. Ultimately comes down to a dread of being by herself. Her chap has basically got free reign to **** around knowing she will be at home cooking his dinner and washing and ironing his clothes. What an appalling existence

3 times you say  , isn't that when you go around and offer your services for the revenge shag  ?

Â