Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Oven chips.

Seem to take a hour to cook. Instructions say 20 mins.

Something wrong with your oven? The '20 minute' ones take about 12 minutes in ours.

Yep, fan oven, catches my missus out every time.

My cooking style is to stand there and stare at stuff, poke it, stir it, add a pinch of something, add a pinch of something else.

Wife's cooking style is to read the instructions, if it says 25 minutes she goes away for 25 minutes to do something else, returns after 25 minutes to be surprised by the fact it's all a bit 'well done'. I say surprised, we've had the oven 5 years.

• Like 1

Oven chips.

Something wrong with your oven? The '20 minute' ones take about 12 minutes in ours.
Yep. Shit oven. They used to take 20 in mine and that's starting with a cold oven.

Oven chips.

Yep. Shit oven. They used to take 20 in mine and that's starting with a cold oven.

Speaking of ovens ...

it was flipping 32+++ C today here today in the NE USA ... in September. I'm dying.

Sounds great.

I dunno. They call it Indian summer here for some reason -- hot and windless and a lot of haze. It's def not the gray Ian Curtis weather of the British Isles, but it's like the grass and trees have gone stale.

Allegedly Indian Summer was when the Native Americans would not go to the hills for winter because it was unusually warm late on. They would stay around and terrorise the white man on his farm. Indian Summer not good for white man.

The Premier League, and the Transfer Deadline. Nearly £900m spent this Summer. Sky frothing at the gash. Although I suppose it's their money, the clubs are spending. Obscene really.

It'll be all over in a matter of years, as much as the new deal is for TV rights, the inflation of player prices, and more importantly wages, will result in some truly catastrophic collapses.

The Premier League, and the Transfer Deadline. Nearly £900m spent this Summer. Sky frothing at the gash. Although I suppose it's their money, the clubs are spending. Obscene really.

It'll be all over in a matter of years, as much as the new deal is for TV rights, the inflation of player prices, and more importantly wages, will result in some truly catastrophic collapses.

People have been saying that since before 1900. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it's nothing new.

People have been saying that since before 1900. I'm not saying you're wrong, just that it's nothing new.
I can believe that, but I don't think footballers salaries have ever exceeded the fans salaries at such a great extent. The game is on the brink of becoming a rich man's play thing already, soon we'll all be priced out, then what?

I can believe that, but I don't think footballers salaries have ever exceeded the fans salaries at such a great extent. The game is on the brink of becoming a rich man's play thing already, soon we'll all be priced out, then what?

If the broadcaster wants a crowd, they will tell the clubs that the ground must be full. Clubs will be required to comply with this request by reducing ticket prices. They won't lose out as the TV revenue is so much.

If the broadcaster doesn't care, they can electronically create a crowd. I look forward to Football Manager having a stat for this so that Sky Sports / BBC will be able to have an opinion.

It is a rich man's play thing now, today. It's out of our reach, it's a worldwide franchised business.

But you know what? Collectively stop going to matches and don't renew your sport tv subscription and it will die on it's arse around about August 2016.

• Like 1

Another example of the rich getting richer.

When I was abroad, I met a family who were staying with missus' friend. They were Dutch and rich. Different European city every weekend. I ask the kids (22 and 18) what they do for work.

Son works for his dad - fat wedge.

Girl has set up her own business, funded by daddy.

Rich get rich, fund businesses for the rich and the rich get richer.

• Like 1

Sounds great.

I dunno. They call it Indian summer here for some reason -- hot and windless and a lot of haze. It's def not the gray Ian Curtis weather of the British Isles, but it's like the grass and trees have gone stale.

Allegedly Indian Summer was when the Native Americans would not go to the hills for winter because it was unusually warm late on. They would stay around and terrorise the white man on his farm. Indian Summer not good for white man.

We are being terrorised ... by hornets. And ants. And Donald Trump.

Â