Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

So the ball & chain booked our car in to the NCT (mot) which took 6 weeks to get a time slot ......fast forward to this morning, after booking the day off and getting up early cleaned the car inside & out, drove to the test center where the polish guy informed me "you no pay", It took a few mins for him to explaine that even though I put my card details into the online system the money does not get taken out until that day.

Unfortunately the wife only puts enough money into one bank account to cover bills etc (this is the main one we use as for day to day) ....needless to say she didn't put any money in and been a bloke I didnt have a clue how to transfer the money from the other bank account, 10 mins of trying to ring herself to no avail only for me to tell the dude ah well I guess we have to cancel the test, 5 minutes later thee woman rings ...oh yeah ....the moneys in the account now !!!!!!! would have failed anyway to be fair

DHUTWU. She hates that.

Hunting, seriously reading about this American who has paid 40 grand to shoot a lion in Zimbabwe makes me want to cry. What an absolute bastard.

I would pay 5 grand to fird a crossbow right into his balls and then watch hjm bleec out in agony. word removed.

• Like 3

yeah, google images glenn mcgrath safari

he did a good job controlling zillions of other animals too, hyena, deer, water buffalo, wild boar.....

but it's ok, once the public saw the pics and called him out as a bit of a word removed he issued an apology, apparently he later thought it was 'inappropriate'

the trip was in 2008 ..guess news travels slowly when he got called out in 2105

he did a good job controlling zillions of other animals too, hyena, deer, water buffalo, wild boar.....

but it's ok, once the public saw the pics and called him out as a bit of a word removed he issued an apology, apparently he later thought it was 'inappropriate'

mv5bntayoty0mzgwml5bml5banbnxkftztcwmdm5

my mistake, that's more than long enough to no longer be considered a douche for shooting wildlife for your personal entertainment

• Like 2

mv5bntayoty0mzgwml5bml5banbnxkftztcwmdm5

my mistake, that's more than long enough to no longer be considered a douche for shooting wildlife for your personal entertainment

it's more a comment on social media bandwagons I was making as much as anything , but I hear those clever students are about to start a campaign against Fredrick Selous as they've just got wind of his exploits ,perhaps you'd care to join them 

Hunting, seriously reading about this American who has paid 40 grand to shoot a lion in Zimbabwe makes me want to cry. What an absolute bastard.

Agreed, he's a **** disgrace, someone should shoot him in the face with a crossbow. 

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

Tony I wasn't joining any bandwagon, I'm not aware of anyone but us two wittering on about Mcgrath, as for Selous, not a clue who that is.

Students? Lost me now, I'll park this up, it all feels a bit tetchy and I'm not sure why it got like that?

Tony I wasn't joining any bandwagon, I'm not aware of anyone but us two wittering on about Mcgrath, as for Selous, not a clue who that is.

Students? Lost me now, I'll park this up, it all feels a bit tetchy and I'm not sure why it got like that?

Because you're chatting to Tone Loc. That was your first mistake. :P

Because you're chatting to Tory Boy. That was your first mistake. :P

• Like 2

Agreed, he's a **** disgrace, someone should shoot him in the face with a crossbow.
A thunderous volley to the jaw!
  • Like 1

Tetchy ? :o  .. I thought we'd been around each other long enough not to treat anything  we post between ourselves  that seriously ... For the record I'm not in favour of Hunting , I just happen to like picking spurious arguments with people on the interweb :)  ... but that it took 7 years for a McGrath bandwagon does also annoy me , not so much his actions  , just the fact we should be talking about the dictatorship in Zim rather than a sportsman paying money to kill animals that were going to be killed or eaten anyway 

p.s .... Selous  was one of the original great White Hunters and the real life influence on Allan Quartermain  according to some sources

Edited by tonyh29

Because you're chatting to Tone Loc. That was your first mistake. :P

rumours that I can be alone in a room and still have an argument are greatly exaggerated you know  :P

What is this 'mass invasion' crap that the media are running with?

A few thousand bods trying to get on vehicles to cross the channel (and failing almost always as the media are also reporting) doesn't sound like a 'mass invasion' to me - at least in terms of actual 'invasions' of the UK/England.

I dont get why the french wont pull the finger out of their arse on this .....did I read somewhere they have asked the uk to go over and build some control fences and pay for some of the cost of policing ?

• Like 1

The front page of the sun said something along the lines of 3k of them storming the gates, news said 1500

And yeah the UK have spent £8m improving fences

There's so much guff written about it all now that I honestly do t know what to believe anymore, the obvious answer to me is still to try and tackle the things that makes so many of them risk their lives to come here, and I don't mean from war torn northern African or Middle Eastern countries, I mean what makes them come here rather than try and set up in France? Or any other European country? Unfortunately the answer by many will be because we give them free everything, something which is almost certainly not true but more than likely perpetuating the problem

Â