Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

There's this girl at work, really cute and absolutely lovely to boot. We have lots of things in common and she's great to talk to, very artsy and passionate about the things she loves.

I met her boyfriend recently. He's a financial analyst, intensely boring and incredibly awkward socially. He's also not attractive in the slightest (I mean beauty if in the eye of the beholder, but seriously, you should see this guy). He might be a nice guy, but I just wouldn't pair these two up at all. To say he is punching above his weight is an understatement.

Yet THIS guy gets an awesome girl like her to fall for him, and I seem to be struggling a lot in that department as of late. Fair play to the fella, but it still pisses me off (and shouldn't).

There is a girl where I work and for the last few years I have thought that she is the best looking bird in the building, absolutely stunning she is but I had to admire from afar because it would have been a little strange if a miserable word removed like myself went up to a beautiful girl and tried badly to strike up a conversation and befriend someone I had only ever shared a few seconds in a lift with.

Anyways after changing jobs a few weeks back I am now on her floor and sitting just a few desks away from her, I can't muster up the courage to speak to her, she said hello to me when we were at the drinks machine the other day, I swear to god I clammed up like a spotty little teenager, I couldn't even say hello to her I was spluttering and stammering like an idiot.

I've decided to revert back to perving over her from my desk now.

Hang on, your new job is in the same building add the old one??

There's this girl at work, really cute and absolutely lovely to boot. We have lots of things in common and she's great to talk to, very artsy and passionate about the things she loves.

I met her boyfriend recently. He's a financial analyst, intensely boring and incredibly awkward socially. He's also not attractive in the slightest (I mean beauty if in the eye of the beholder, but seriously, you should see this guy). He might be a nice guy, but I just wouldn't pair these two up at all. To say he is punching above his weight is an understatement.

Yet THIS guy gets an awesome girl like her to fall for him, and I seem to be struggling a lot in that department as of late. Fair play to the fella, but it still pisses me off (and shouldn't).

There is a girl where I work and for the last few years I have thought that she is the best looking bird in the building, absolutely stunning she is but I had to admire from afar because it would have been a little strange if a miserable word removed like myself went up to a beautiful girl and tried badly to strike up a conversation and befriend someone I had only ever shared a few seconds in a lift with.

Anyways after changing jobs a few weeks back I am now on her floor and sitting just a few desks away from her, I can't muster up the courage to speak to her, she said hello to me when we were at the drinks machine the other day, I swear to god I clammed up like a spotty little teenager, I couldn't even say hello to her I was spluttering and stammering like an idiot.

Yup same building same company completely new department doing something completely different to what I was before, I spent 12 years working on the same floor with the same people

You do the math.
  • Like 2

You do the math.

s
T

They're contemplating repairing / refurbing the Houses of Parliament for an estimated £5-7bn

To put that in to perspective the burj khalifa cost around £800m, the shard cost £1.2bn, abraj al bait the most expensive building in the world cost around £8bn

Construction costs are my job, I've done 2 years refurbing the BMAG and 1 refurbing the council house, currently costing the refurb 2 office blocks off collymore row, I'm not joking when I say you could probably refurb every building within a 1m radius of Victoria square for £7bn (new street is already done of course ;) thats costing £700m)

All paid for by the taxpayers

Wow that could be spent on us winning the league and you'd still have £4-6B left.

If being cold and alone on Christmas day had a taste, it'd be the taste of Malted Milk biscuits. Just look at them. The shittest biscuit.

**wild applause** 

Far inferior to the noble bourbon, the custard cream or even the self reviewing NICE biscuit. 

Â