Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Not being able to quit coke/sprite. IVe had litres of the stuff every day since i was a teenager and ive tried to quit about 150x in the past 4 years. I just cant do it. I can last about 2 days but then i "relapse" (lol relapse when talking about a drink :D ). Starting to get old and my metabolism isnt as fast anymore :(! Im getting skinnnyfat but i just cant quit the stuff. sigh. 138 calories in one can of coke. its insane.

Addiction is too strong. Nothing beats a nice cold can of coke 

It's easy. Jut drink diet instead. After a while you'll hate the taste of"normal" coke. 

Or even, Coke zero which pretty much tastes the same but with no sugar.

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 2

Not being able to quit coke/sprite. IVe had litres of the stuff every day since i was a teenager and ive tried to quit about 150x in the past 4 years. I just cant do it. I can last about 2 days but then i "relapse" (lol relapse when talking about a drink :D ). Starting to get old and my metabolism isnt as fast anymore :(! Im getting skinnnyfat but i just cant quit the stuff. sigh. 138 calories in one can of coke. its insane.

It's easy. Jut drink diet instead. After a while you'll hate the taste of"normal" coke. 

thats just substituting shit with more shit :P. Probably save on like 400cal a day if i just drank water

Edited by gharperr

thats just substituting shit with more shit :P. Probably save on like 400cal a day if i just drank water

I thought your issue was getting fat from a drink with high calories. Obviously, diet coke doesn't have any.

• Like 1

tim lovejoy.

Yet by comparison, that wonderful When Saturday Comes review of his book (I'm sure you've all read it, so I won't link to it), is something that cheers me up.  

• Like 3

tim lovejoy.

Yet by comparison, that wonderful When Saturday Comes review of his book (I'm sure you've all read it, so I won't link to it), is something that cheers me up.  

Agreed, it's epic, and exposes what a truly facile word removed Tim Lovejoy is. 

tim lovejoy.

football365 had a look at it too

And then there's the chapter entitled 'Women In Football. Discuss.'

It's at this point, dear reader, that I have a confession to make. I didn't read the whole book. I gave up. It's where smugness and irritation becomes poison, where banter becomes 'banter'. It may, to paraphrase Will Self talking about Richard Littlejohn, have turned into Tolstoy after the halfway mark, but I don't know - someone else will have to check.

He opens this chapter with a story about one of his young daughters scrubbing a Rivaldo autograph off a football (he doesn't specify how old the child was, but it's reasonably clear she's under 10) in innocent error as she was trying to give him a present, and says 'Now, I ask you, would a son have done that?' You wouldn't believe the number of times I read that passage just to make sure I wasn't hallucinating this Olympic-standard bellendery.

Lovejoy recounts laughing at women's football to the point of soiling himself. Women 'really don't understand' football, it says here. He notes that women at football enjoy having 'get your tits out' chanted at them - 'that's why they always wear high-heels and full make-up.' He speculates whether a woman referee 'would be more lenient if she fancied the player that had transgressed.' I promise you I haven't made that up, and I also have no idea how or why Parkes missed that out of his review.

• Like 1

Â