Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

I got told i looked 15/16 until i was about 21/22, im now 33 i get told i look 25/26 i really dont mind any more. Its annoying, but if you keep your youthful looks its great later on.

its more people asking me 'can you drive' 'Have you got a job' and then look mightily surprised when I say I'm 19 and can do both of those. When I'm older I'll want to look it, not hide behind youth.

Put it this way, I was standing near a friend of mine who happens to be a girl, and someone asked someone else what age we looked. 16 for me, and 22 for her. She is older than me by a month. Wtf. I hate looking young and always will.

As I've mentioned before :) Caucasian women tend to look older than other races (at the same age).

It's just the football factor to be honest. Not being able to play a game that you love, to a standard you once could have is pure destruction on the mind.

hahaha Levi I appreciate your efforts. I have learned to live with it now.

Anyway, this.

I have a (distant, genetically speaking) niece who's turning 2 this year. Anyway we had an extended family get-together today and some of us decided to play some baby music videos on the TV for her, one of which was a video for "10 Little Indians." I HATE that song. Outdated and out of place, not every day you can say that about something. Over here and also in Britain Indians are India Indians, not Native Americans - this song smacks of (a bad kind of) Americanism to me.

Even in North America though, the REAL Indians are making their presence known quickly with huge numbers immigrating from the Indian motherland so there's no excuse to continue holding the anachronistic view of natives as somehow "Indian." It's the 21st century, ffs start calling people by their real names and show some respect - and please don't play that god-awful song ever again.

Just found out someone from school has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Seems so unfair.

:(

That is very sad and honestly deserves a thread of its own, rather than sharing space with trivial shite like the one I just posted on here.

Just found out someone from school has been diagnosed with a brain tumour. Seems so unfair.

:(

That is very sad and honestly deserves a thread of its own, rather than sharing space with trivial shite like the one I just posted on here.

He's got a fantastic attitude considering the circumstances - he's more gutted that the operation in June has meant he can't go on the lads holiday he'd just paid the deposit for! He's finishing his course at Uni too.

So it should be called 10 little Sioux? or Cherokee? The lyrics aren't actually racist in that song - which in itself is strange for songs like that - so you're probably in the right thread :)

After being told last week that my job was probably going to be redundant in July, been turned down for voluntary redundancy because I'm too important to let go "at the moment". So instead of getting about £20k and leaving now, I get to work my nuts off for the next 5 months and then get a pittance of a payoff.

Buggers want to have their cake and eat it.

(I realise that this is the "and shouldn't" thread but I didn't feel the need to start a thread just for my little rant).

I'm 29 now and there are at least 7 or so people I knew from the year below me at school who are now dead.

1 murdered (17 years old)

2 cancer (~20 & 27)

1 car accident (19)

1 motorcycle accident (20)

2 killed in Afghanistan (~25)

Shocking.

How do you find out these things? I wouldn't have a clue what has happened to 99% of my own year in school, never mind the year below or above me.

I still live in the same town.

The murdered girl and the 2 killed in Afgan were big news.

1 of the cancer victims was the younger sister of my class mate, the other I didn't really know but heard about it.

Same really about the 2 killed on the roads, just heard via friends of friends/facebook/tributes in local paper

A guy in the year above me was killed a few years ago. Was out in bristol, got in a scrap at a club and hit his head on something.

Seemed fine, then a few hours later when he was back at his mate's flat he just fell over and died.

Shocking stuff.

A guy in the year above me was killed a few years ago. Was out in bristol, got in a scrap at a club and hit his head on something.

Seemed fine, then a few hours later when he was back at his mate's flat he just fell over and died.

Happens a lot with head injuries (example: Natasha Richardson).

My best friend when I was a child died at 13 with a brain tumour. Collapsed under a bridge and that was it.

I also know of a young fella who lived close by that died with a brain tumour. He knew he was dying however and it wasn't instant. Poor lad went blind and died slowly. His dad has since broken up with his wife and has turned to drink. I feel sorry for him because of what he has been through, but he's out fighting with everyone and anyone, especially young fellas that are around the same age as his son. I've heard about him drinking and beating up 17-18 year olds hanging about. He did it to one lad one night, who ended up battering him with a spade. :S

Another guy I went to school with died last year in England in a hit-and-run. Shocking stuff.

I still live in the same town.

The murdered girl and the 2 killed in Afgan were big news.

1 of the cancer victims was the younger sister of my class mate, the other I didn't really know but heard about it.

Same really about the 2 killed on the roads, just heard via friends of friends/facebook/tributes in local paper

Did you go to Belgrave Tamuff?

Â