Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Why do you open them? Someone else usually does it for you.

Not at Tesco and Co-op over here they don't.

Surely it's easier with 6 fingers anyway? :P

All these facebook status updates with I rode xxx km's today or so and so ran xx km's

We are not bloody French , we use miles in this country nobody cares about km's ... your just using them cause it looks a bigger number

No one gives a shit how far they've run or rode either

*ridden* 

:)

• Like 4

All these facebook status updates with I rode xxx km's today or so and so ran xx km's

We are not bloody French , we use miles in this country nobody cares about km's ... your just using them cause it looks a bigger number

I have this with Fahrenheit. Not only do I hate attempting to spell Fahrenheit, I have to do maths in my head in order to understand what temperature is being talked about. Sports (especially footie) are started to only use it, and I didn't come across it once when growing up.

I'm not being funny, but does anyone find it more logical to use a system where 0 is freezing point rather than -32?

This is where Levi usually jumps in with a defence of Fahrenheit. 

I agree about the zero thing, but at the other end of the scale, 100 degrees sounds better for a scorching hot day than 38 degrees. 

• Like 2

I have this with Fahrenheit. Not only do I hate attempting to spell Fahrenheit, I have to do maths in my head in order to understand what temperature is being talked about. Sports (especially footie) are started to only use it, and I didn't come across it once when growing up.

I'm not being funny, but does anyone find it more logical to use a system where 0 is freezing point rather than -32?

I agree about the zero thing, but at the other end of the scale, 100 degrees sounds better for a scorching hot day than 38 degrees. 

That's just greedy for degrees mike!

That is not the worst of it, I nearly got in a punch up once when I tried to convince a bunch of drinking buddies that at a certain point Centigrade and Fahrenheit are exactly the same.

They looked at me like I was Puddin'head Wilson.

You mean Celsius and Fahrenheit I think. Centigrade is any scale where there are specific measurements 100 units apart. Celsius is the name of a centigrade based on water's melting and boiling points.

No one gives a shit how far they've run or rode either

says the man posting pictures of a curry :P

Facebook is what it is , I'm not bemoaning people posting dross / trivia / humour /interest .... just the measurement they choose to use :)

I think i use both :blush:

Farenheit for when it's hot  ..  ( it's 100 degrees out here I'm sweating buckets  ) and Centigrade when it's cold ( it's -20 out here and even the polar bear is wearing a jumper )  

That is not the worst of it, I nearly got in a punch up once when I tried to convince a bunch of drinking buddies that at a certain point Centigrade and Fahrenheit are exactly the same.

You mean Celsius and Fahrenheit I think. Centigrade is any scale where there are specific measurements 100 units apart. Celsius is the name of a centigrade based on water's melting and boiling points.

I just use 'C' to avoid any confusion on the matter. ;)

They're going to demolish Didcot powerstation's cooling towers between 3am-5am next Sunday. Oh well, getting up that early will be worth it to see a bit of Didcot getting blown up.

power%20plant%20fossil.jpg

All those moaners are right, wind turbines really are ugly. 

Again as I said earlier.....

.....because using a method where water freezes at -32 and boils at 212 is FAR more appropriate than a scale where water freezes at 0 and boils at 100!!!

Chinese people.

Or at least the ones I encountered on holiday, which was quite a lot.

Hands down the rudest people I've ever seen/met/encountered.

Shocked me.

Again as I said earlier.....

.....because using a method where water freezes at -32 and boils at 212 is FAR more appropriate than a scale where water freezes at 0 and boils at 100!!!

I suppose it depends on whether freezing and boiling water was the start point for his scale or not.

Chinese people.

Shocked me.

Russian's easily win that battle as the rudest

• Like 1

We had a guy once explain to us the whole point where water turns into ice, we were so pleased with his clear explanation that we cheered him

"Freeze a jolly good fellow .........."

Chinese people.

Shocked me.

that will be rich Chinese  ... only beaten in the rudeness stakes by rich Indians

go to any tourist attraction that has the words " No Photo's " and rest assured 99% of these Indians and Chinese will be clicking away with their cameras ignoring the people who work there telling them otherwise

yeah it's a tad generic but it's one of those observations you sorta notice  , much like you notice drunk brits in any decent European weekend destination

Edited by tonyh29

Chinese people.

Shocked me.

that will be rich Chinese ... only beaten in the rudeness stakes by rich Indians

go to any tourist attraction that has the words " No Photo's " and rest assured 99% of these Indians and Chinese will be clicking away with their cameras ignoring the people who work there telling them otherwise

yeah it's a tad generic but it's one of those observations you sorta notice , much like you notice drunk brits in any decent European weekend destination

Can't speak for Chinese but a reason rich Indians may act like that is due to the way they act like kings back home. It's shocking the way people are spoken to, waiters in particular. But it's just the way it is.

Chinese people.

Shocked me.

Where did you go on Holiday? China?
Thailand. But a lot of Chinese people holiday there, evidently.

Clicking at waiters, shouting at air hostesses because she couldn't understand them (as she couldn't speak Chinese), pushing into queues, pushing people in general, walking into you in the street etc.

Maybe it was coincidence, but that's the lasting impression I now have of the Chinese. **** rude.

(Incidentally I saw a fair few Russians too and they seemed fine)

• Like 1

Â