Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Just got a phone call from a lecturer telling me not to show up at the final exam tomorrow morning because my attendance during the semester was not up to an adequate standard.

Brilliant

Morning in bed? Happy days. That's horrible though, I was always threatened with it, but they never followed through.

Just got a phone call from a lecturer telling me not to show up at the final exam tomorrow morning because my attendance during the semester was not up to an adequate standard.

Brilliant

At the risk of sounding harsh, if you didn't attend what did you expect? If I consistently skipped work I'd expect to get the boot.

That's true, but finding out without any warning on the eve of an exam you've been studying for that you're not allowed sit it is quite bad form. You would expect to get the boot yes, but I don't get paid to attend lectures and many of the lectures that I did attend were very poor.

Brilliant

Morning in bed? Happy days. That's horrible though, I was always threatened with it, but they never followed through.

"You've made your bed, now lie in it" could never be truer

Actually I remember, I missed so much college that during one exam, there was one short and someone stands up and goes "Oh ya that Chris Foley is missing", to which I replied, "ah no I'm not!"

Just been told by my boss I have to carry a personal alarm at work.

I said no. She insisted. I said I'm nearly 6ft and 17 stone. If it looks like I'm in for a good raping my best bet will be to let em get on with it. An alarm won't do shit.

She is right.

Should someone be daft enough to attack you, the only proof that your intentions were to use minimum force, is that you sounded your alarm to summon help to restrain your assailant.

This leaves you free to kick their head in with impunity. :)

So it is a defence against prosecution not physical attack and allows you to defend yourself while waiting for security to arrive.

All very true but I'm office based! The only other place I go is court. My team are remote so I can see that logic....

Brilliant

At this late stage, he/she should allow you to sit it. If you fall on your sword and fail then it's your own fault. What if you actually do know your shit and could pass!?

Harsh action to take.

Old people who would drink or eat food and complain its to hot ....let it cool down maybe .....then the flip side of working in a restaurant ...old people who want their soup hotter than the surface of the sun

• Like 1

On contract with mobile phone companies.

Spent nearly an hour on Live Chat with an O2 operative yesterday after the **** took too much out of my bank account for my monthly bill. The shit after Checking my account offered to refund the payment right away and when I asked for a good will gesture payment for the bother then reverted to saying that the amount taken from my bank account was correct.

Then asked to speak to a manager. He turned out to be even a bigger dickhead than the operative and when I asked him through Live Chat if the correct amount was taken out of my account why was my O2 account £40 in credit? The bastard said it was a system failure but my bill was still correct.

I then asked him since the direct debit was taken before the usual normal payment date did 02 have a policy of taking payment from customers bank accounts before the monthly bill was due?

At that point the manager ended the Live Chat with have a nice day leaving me in total limbo.

I then spent a further hour on the phone to a O2 Customer Service manager checking that the Live Chat had been recorded on my account , it had, and then putting a formal complaint in about the manager whose name described him perfectly, Dickson.

The Customer Service Manager then credited my account with £10 and told me to chargeback the overpayment through my bank as it would take O2 up to 15 days to do the same thing while it would take the bank just a couple of hours.

Head exploding gif someone.

Old people who would drink or eat food and complain its to hot ....let it cool down maybe .....then the flip side of working in a restaurant ...old people who want their soup hotter than the surface of the sun

But that would be OK if they were YOUNG people? Oh, sorry, I forgot. Young people never do anything stupid or annoying.

But that would be OK if they were YOUNG people? Oh, sorry, I forgot. Young people never do anything stupid or annoying.

I knew you would reply :D

I knew you would reply :D

I'm just surprised he replied without picking you up on 'to' and 'too' ... :P

It has probably already been mentioned  on here, but why do they pack scissors in plastic packaging? We bought some the other day, and the packaging was very neat and tidy, but we could have done with a pair of scissors to open the packet, unfortunately the scissors we had were encased in plastic.

Back in a hospital in Dublin, looking out of the window at patients smoking. 3 in wheelchair 2 on some form of drip and 2 with oxygen masks/tanks ......

Is there that much room in a wheelchair? Are they dwarves?

• Like 2

The fact that there's always something that pisses me off and I always think, "I'll post that on VT," and then tend to stop myself because most of the things I want to vent about are things that SHOULD piss me off.

I know that it shouldn't stop me really, but it pisses me off that there isn't a dedicated 'Things That Piss You Off That Should' thread, when really it shouldn't piss me off at all and I should just post whatever pisses me off in here.

So really, I'm probably pissed off that I'm a little OCD, if anything, but I can't post that in here because that SHOULD piss me off.

Edited by Ginko

I think this has long since ceased to be a thread about things that SHOULDN'T piss you off.

Be more appropriate if the final 2 words were dropped, IMO.

Â