Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

The Cube.

It actually upsets me, that's how bad it is. It upsets me that money is spent on this abomination.

*dramatic voice*

Johnny. You must do something completely doable and you must do it moderately well while we film in slow motion and make a big deal over nothing.

I don't like it much either.

But I have genuinely thought about trying to enter it. I'm outrageously confident that I'd end up with a lot of cash

Then you probably wouldn't get on it!

They do all kinds of tests, as well as asking you questions like "Would you gamble if it meant winning the jackpot?", and if someone nails them all, they don't get to be on TV :)

Donkeys only please.

Guy on a few weeks ago couldn't stand on a pole, really irritated me.

Yep same with Pointless. A mate of mine and his friend had an audition which was basically the show but not filmed, they won comfortably but the two girls who had given a load of stupid answers were chosen to go on the telly.

News stories about third world "rap artists".

There are a million billion of them. The one in the story has not invented the idea of being a rap artist and their music is almost certainly rubbish.

Yeah but, genocide and poverty and **** innit.

Car insurance is ridiculous.

If you drive a tonne of metal around then you need to make sure that other people are protected against your inevitable mistakes. I don't see what's ridiculous about that.

You pay a ridiculous amount of money (not sure what it's like in America but here you pay extra for being young and male) then you drive safely, don't so much as scratch your car and what do you get out of it? Nothing. Just the opportunity to pay slightly less money the following year until you get to around 50 years of age then the prices start going up.

The prices aren't even regulated, the companies make them up as they go along. If you get a quote one day, check it the next and you can guarantee it will be different every other day.

There must be a better system than this.

Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious you weren't talking about the actual concept of car insurance VA.

but the pedantry on VT has reached astronomical levels lately.

• Like 4

Yeah, **** people for having a voice.

What we need is more privileged rock stars wailling about shitty relationships.

If I'm going to have to listen to the output, the level of privilege enjoyed by the musician is of no relevance at all to me.

If people have something to say let them say it, rather than come over pretending they are making good music just because they have a good political point to make.

Perhaps I can interest you in some Afghan hip-hop direct from the streets of Kabul. It's cutting-edge stuff, honest!

Yeah I thought it was fairly obvious you weren't talking about the actual concept of car insurance VA.

I saw villajax's post in isolation and thought it was a rant about car insurance - ie. exactly what he wrote.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list if you don't like what I post. If this isn't an attack on me, feel free to use another message board if this one doesn't contain only posts you find acceptable.

I saw villajax's post in isolation and thought it was a rant about car insurance - ie. exactly what he wrote.

Feel free to add me to your ignore list if you don't like what I post. If this isn't an attack on me, feel free to use another message board if this one doesn't contain only posts you find acceptable.

**** hell mate. Lighten up.

I'm as big a pedant as anyone. I wasn't being entirely serious.

Edited by Stevo985
  • Like 1

Â