Things that piss you off that shouldn't

theunderstudy

Yeah I don't get that.

Have you made the mistake of thinking that because you move up a tax bracket, ALL of your earnings get taxed at the higher rate?

Because that's not how it works

Yeah I don't get that.

Have you made the mistake of thinking that because you move up a tax bracket, ALL of your earnings get taxed at the higher rate?

It's basically because some income that wasn't being tax now is, what ever way they have it set up. The .94c is what my wage slip says.

• Like 1

Yeah I don't get that.

It's basically because some income that wasn't being tax now is, what ever way they have it set up. The .94c is what my wage slip says.

I'd sack the accountant.

Where do you live?

The largest record shop in the world shut its doors for the final time today.

I was the last customer.

Used to work there. Totally gutted.

Wrecked by the suits :angry:

Even now, HMV is still in an absolute mess and apparently not seeing what the problem is. I'd say a phonecall from HQ telling branches to run themselves and set up the store as they see fit would have to be better than the current strategy of looking like a closing down clueless mess.

I was in the Hammersmith Westfield HMV a couple of times recently, I was amazed the shopping centre hasn't stepped in and reminded the HMV store of the basic store layout codes they'd have signed up to. The place was a jumbled mess. The payment area was so crowded there was nowhere for the girl that served me to put the stock down and scan. She had to move piles of mints and 1D postcards and other crap just to have space to put stuff down. Real shame. 

I agree that HMV shops are a disgrace, but I also don't think there is a way for a big chain outfit like HMV to compete with the internet on the provision of music and films.  It's just a broken, outdated business model.  Why would I walk into an HMV to rummage through the piles of boxsets dumped on the floor, when I can get everything cheaper and delivered to my door via Amazon?  If I go into a record shop these days, it'll be to a decent independent shop like Piccadiily Records in Manchester.

Yep got to agree Risso, bought my nipper some speakers, but they were piled high off the floor and covered in multiple dayglo money off stickers. What an excellent way to devalue the perception of your own stock. It's just a shame they didn't employ somebody to constantly kick one around the floor shouting 'crap' at it.

I've gone all old school steam punk for my own stuff, bought a couple of CD's last week and put another two on order through an actual shop, staggered the order so as to pick up one later this week and one next week. I'm happy, shop is happy, shop knows what I like and cost me a bloody fortune.

HMV get none of my music money, which by coincidence is exactly the same cut as i-tunes and amazon get. 

Yeah I don't get that.

I'd sack the accountant.

Where do you live?

Ireland, the boss is the accountant & my dad works for revenue so just happens to be the case. :(

Folski - speaking as the person in charge of payroll for our company, I can't see how that would be possible. I think they're **** you. Either that, or they were previously doing it wrong, which they're now covering up. Perhaps things work very differently in Ireland.

The dickhead at work who thinks it's funny to wave his can of Pringles at me now I'm cutting out snacks.

Im convinced there's heroin in pringles, you can never have just one, always have to eat the whole lot. 

Â