VT Fantasy Football League 2013/14

maqroll

Wild card played. 

SubStandard Liege now line up as follows....

Hart

Baines 

Zabaleta

Cahill

Tony Moon

Michu 

Mata 

Nolan

Soldado

Benteke

Lambert

BOOOOOOM!!!!! 

(although I'm regretting leaving Mata in) 

Mata is possibly the second best fantasy player after RVP. Your teams ok but played the WC? Only reason I'd play WC this early was if I felt I absolutely had to get RVP in. I'm a little concerned by your potentially weak midfield and I'm still not convinced by the Soldado hype.

Soldado is guaranteed to start pretty much every game and Spurs create a lot of chances..

Edited by AVFCforever1991

Mata is possibly the second best fantasy player after RVP. Your teams ok but played the WC? Only reason I'd play WC this early was if I felt I absolutely had to get RVP in. I'm a little concerned by your potentially weak midfield and I'm still not convinced by the Soldado hype.

Mata is only good if he plays (I think he's brilliant fwiw). He's not a favourite of Mourinho though and didn't play in their opener. He's too expensive at the moment to spunk all that money on. If he starts to play, fine, but at the moment I wouldn't go near him.
  • Like 1

That was my thinking BOF, admittedly after the fact. 

RVP for doesn't represent value for money - too expensive when you can 2 forwards in whose total will exceed RVPs points. 

Cahill started and will play against us and will probably get pulled out after the next week. 

That's why I have Lampard in at present. He won't last the season but he IS a favourite of Mourinho and he's good value for the early part of the season. Once he starts getting rotated I'll dump him.

Worth mentioning, for anyone that doesn't know, you get a wildcard that you can play once in the season that gives you unlimited transfers for the week.

And you get a 'January-only' wildcard aswell. So 2 per season. The January one because weather can decimate the schedule.

O Rly?

Didn't know that.

See, I told you i was worth mentioning!

O Rly?

Didn't know that.

See, I told you i was worth mentioning!

Yarp. From this page.

The January Wildcard can only be used after Gameweek 20 starts (1 Jan 11:30) until Gameweek 23 ends (1 Feb 11:30); as the January wildcard isn't available until after the Gameweek 20 deadline, the earliest these transfers will be active is Gameweek 21.

Mata is only good if he plays (I think he's brilliant fwiw). He's not a favourite of Mourinho though and didn't play in their opener. He's too expensive at the moment to spunk all that money on. If he starts to play, fine, but at the moment I wouldn't go near him.

The reason I had him in my team and took him out was Mourinho said he was unlikely to be ready for opening game and every Chelsea fan site I looked at they all had him out until Man U game.  On what basis is Mourinho not a fan of Mata? If that's the case I might as well try and find a way to get in RVP but I think you're wrong.

Well so far Bannan, Ireland and Hutton haven't really gained me many points but it's only the first week so I'm not too worried.

I thought both Bale and Suarez would be dead certs but that hasn't worked out either.

Ah well long way to go yet.

Edited by 8pints
  • Like 1

Week 2 of my blog for my friends website had a poor week last week.

http://nationblues.com/index.php/blues-news/soccer/77-you-re-fantasy-football-guide-gameweek-2

Bayer Neverlusen played their wildcard this week and now line up as follows:

Boruc

Coleman Zabaleyta Shaw

Barkley Carzola Silva Lampard

Aguero Benteke RVW

Mingolet, Rosicky, Shaw, Collins

So boys who is more likely to keep a clean sheet this week out of these Lot

Toure v AV (Already dropped him were nailed on to score)

Collins v NU away

Chester v Nor home

I have had Barkley from the start but im struggling to fit him in when i have Coutinho Walcott Hazard and Silva and a front 3 of Lambert Dzeko and Soldado

I'm using 3-4-3

Edited by AshVilla

surley walcott should have gotten three points for that rebound? or do they get added on at the end of the game or somefink?

I saw that. He should get that assist.

hopefully they will sort it out, need every point i can get ;)

Â