Hiroshi Kiyotake (1. FC Nuremberg)

Wes

It's odd, as they're not really a club to conduct their business in public.  It's a classic old-fashioned football club.  The first article appeared in Japan, it seems, so I can only guess local journos asked Bader (the Sporting Director) and he told them where it was at.

He's mentioned €8-10m but whether that's an asking price or the initial bid is unclear.

Nuremberg are looking to kick on towards Europa League football next season and won't be in any desperate need to sell Kiyotake. They'd rather be adding to the squad than pulling it apart.

That doesn't mean they won't sell him, it just means they don't want to and they don't need to.

Makes sense, like some people have stated before they don't need to sell and don't really want too. Like us with Benteke but a little different as it would take an astronomical bid to buy him and no one will pay that for a one season wonder. Nuremberg can't hold out for big bucks even if they wanted to but will we be willing to go that high?

I'd say they can hold out for what they want.  Other than the Premier League factor, I can't see us being a bigger pull than FCN at the moment - unfortunately!

We've probably enquired about a lot of players. I think Belhanda was target number 1, and we're now following up our plan B's.

The Nuremberg chairman made public our approach. Other chairmen may not have done. I imagine we're not going to push on with any signings until we hear back from all our initial enquireys.

I am ITK on this. I know how buying something works, you see.

We've probably enquired about a lot of players. I think Belhanda was target number 1, and we're now following up our plan B's.

The Nuremberg chairman made public our approach. Other chairmen may not have done. I imagine we're not going to push on with any signings until we hear back from all our initial enquireys.

I am ITK on this. I know how buying something works, you see.

I agree that we have probably inquired about a number of players for this position (and every other position we bought for) but I am not so sure Belhanda was a number one target or anything. I'm guessing we have been quoted too much for players in the attacking mid position and haven't pulled the trigger on one yet. 

One thing for sure with Kiyotake in the team, the defence would have to seriously step up their game.

Maybe PL will play 3 CB's and two wing backs?

It's certainly a possibility. Although you typically want 5 centre backs if you're going to play a 3 back system and I wouldn't count Herd as a 5th. The signings so far have have certainly added some versatility.

My suspicion is that it'll be a 4-2-3-1. But that's just me. It really could be anything at this point.

The fact that Lambert has the players to play a number of potential formations is a nice position to be in in pre-season.

Perhaps. You'd enquire at similar times or work your way through a list with top choices first though, surely? IF we enquired about Belhanda, it was several weeks before this enquiry, which to me suggests this is a backup to our first. Whether there have been any in between, before Belhanda, whether its just those two or whether we were even in for Belhanda at all, we may never know.

(warning: about to speculate)

This must really come down to a question of interest. Its unlikely Kiyotake is on BPL level wages in the Bundesliga (its why most of their clubs are in the black) so he will have been crazy to sign a deal without a reasonable exit clause, particularly as NFC probably didnt pay a big fee for him to begin with (they dont appear to have ever sold a player for more than we paud fir Benteke). So we could likely trigger an exit clause without breaking the bank and NFC would need to decide if they prefer to renegotiate a new deal w the player to raise the clause but theyd have to be up for the wages.

My hope is that there is an exit clause and realizing they are going to lose the player either way, NFC is publicizing the interest hoping multiple clubs will breach the clause and they can sell to highest bidder amongst them.

So if Villa really want him they could prob make something happen, but this may just be an inquiry amongst various players they like.

• Like 1

Just xant see the guy joining us, the whole thing seems to have been born on VT, but I think we might be in for Eremenda from Rubin Kazan, wages a stumbling block but I can see it happening before August if we can get round that

Just xant see the guy joining us, the whole thing seems to have been born on VT,

Wasn't the whole thing 'born' when we made an inquiry about him? It's much more likely than the mere speculation of Keisuke Honda.

Ryu, digressing a bit here, are you Japanese American?

japanese colombian american. cant read japanese (i used to translate a lot of spanish language paper talk here a long time ago...), so i asked my pop to translate the original yomiuri (tokyo newspaper) story from the first post in this thread and he said its as been stated here - that we made an enquiry but were shot down (atleast initially). this last anecdote intended to keep tread on topic while answering digressing question. :) Edited by ryu.yokoi
  • Like 1

(warning: about to speculate)

This must really come down to a question of interest. Its unlikely Kiyotake is on BPL level wages in the Bundesliga (its why most of their clubs are in the black) so he will have been crazy to sign a deal without a reasonable exit clause, particularly as NFC probably didnt pay a big fee for him to begin with (they dont appear to have ever sold a player for more than we paud fir Benteke). So we could likely trigger an exit clause without breaking the bank and NFC would need to decide if they prefer to renegotiate a new deal w the player to raise the clause but theyd have to be up for the wages.

My hope is that there is an exit clause and realizing they are going to lose the player either way, NFC is publicizing the interest hoping multiple clubs will breach the clause and they can sell to highest bidder amongst them.

So if Villa really want him they could prob make something happen, but this may just be an inquiry amongst various players they like.

If he has a release cause, no bidding war would drive up the price for Nurenburg, just the wages for the player. Clubs would only have to bid that release value

Kiyotake is currently 3rd choice playmaker behind Honda and Kagawa in a technically gift Japanese squad, certainly after a promising breakthrough first season in Europe I think he's worth a look at.

I don't think he's the sort of character to demand a move, so it'll be upto us to do all the running. I think he could be interested in coming here.

Say he came here and had a steady season playing 30+ games, few assists/goals I could see him taking a starting role from Kagawa/Honda especially as there is much speculation about where Honda will be playing next season. (Milan possibly) and who knows if Kagawa will hold down a place for Utd.

I think that might be enough to tempted him on board, the emergence of Benteke since he's been at the club will give all signings hope for the future.

http://www.nordbayern.de/nuernberger-nachrichten/nn-sport/kiyotake-millionen-nein-danke-sagt-bader-1.3010030

NUREMBERG - One million euro has cost the 1.FC Nuremberg Hiroshi Kiyotake. Ten times could be taking the club - but he reserves rather Kiyotake. The scope of the Bundesliga soccer team has slowly but steadily expanded.

Ten million euros: this amount would have immediately transferred the Aston Villa Football Club from Birmingham to 1.FC Nuremberg, which is guaranteed. Paul Lambert, Villa manager (and known as Champions League winner with Borussia Dortmund in 1997) flew specially to the club owners in the U.S. to trade them approved ten million for Nuremberg Hiroshi Kiyotake. Think long, says Nuremberg's sporting director, he did not need anyway. Martin Bader said no - for the first time in its recent history of the club is actually able to kick, millions of offers, because the club is sporty survive without such revenue.

The loss of the Japanese international's - the rather could play into the limelight with a good World Cup 2014 more - says Bader would not have been equivalent to catch. Not even with another ten million (approximately six there was just for defender Timm Klose). Players category Dennis Diekmeier, Ilkay Gundogan, Philipp Wollenberg or Klose has now discovered and trained the 1.FC Nuremberg, they cost nothing or very little comparatively; player this category then filled the club treasury - but players that cost several million euros, come not to Nuremberg. Even if they could pay the club: Established professionals are attracted not only to more established addresses in doubt.

And a lot of money, says Bader, do not necessarily happy - they have now in Dortmund Transfer million in abundance, but so far hardly find suitable candidates to strengthen the team. To much lower levels, it would probably similar to Nuremberg, but at least the room grows slowly but steadily.

For Kiyotake (as for Timo Gebhart) Bader had about a year ago about a million each, will cost a little more now Josip Drmic from FC Zurich. The striker is also an interesting candidate - even in view of the next summer, when the contract expires by Alex Esswein, but also for immediately; "more than five goals," says Bader, "finally has achieved none of our attackers." Bader and trainers Michael Wiesinger also want to increase the internal pressure of competition, "developed in the attack on" the need to be "on the defensive midfield underdeveloped". The successor to the FC Bruges exchanged defensive strategists Timmy Simons will be regulated rather internally. However, nothing is excluded, only so Martin Bader: "We now do anything crazy, just because some money is there."

But back to the Personnel Drmic: On Wednesday night, reported the kicker of it, that of Nuremberg Sports Board has a big, big step forward in the negotiations with the FCZ. The 20-year-old, who has secured the Confederates by his marksmanship in the past Rückunde a Europa League berth, should therefore go for a transfer fee of around two million euros to the Valznerweiher. A completion message could soon follow, according to the magazine.

Basically, it looks as if Lambert tried to bid €10m, a figure that Nuremberg would normally accept. Bader, the sporting director of the club says the club do not need the money and if they were to sell him it would take at least another €10m (so €20m or £17m for the slow coaches).

It looks to me as if they're in a similar situation to the one we are in with Benteke and being as they do not need to sell, if they do sell, it will only be for an extremely inflated figure.

Edited by samjp26

Perhaps. You'd enquire at similar times or work your way through a list with top choices first though, surely? IF we enquired about Belhanda, it was several weeks before this enquiry, which to me suggests this is a backup to our first. Whether there have been any in between, before Belhanda, whether its just those two or whether we were even in for Belhanda at all, we may never know.

It is difficult to know the order of events from the information we get. The order we found out about our links may not be the order in which they happened.

Popov was another link for this position and although he seems the most getable of all he was the first we heard about yet we havent followed up (as yet).  

I am guessing we drew up our list of options, rang around their clubs and narrowed the list down based on the prices quoted.

Now, bit by bit, we are hearing about the inquiries we made but we have yet to hear about an actual offer being made for any of them.

So there may be a release clause of 10 million? why would he fly to USA to get the offer.. surely they've discussed budgets.. why cant they Skype....

So there may be a release clause of 10 million? why would he fly to USA to get the offer.. surely they've discussed budgets.. why cant they Skype....

No, as they rejected the the €10m bid there can't be a €10m release clause. Also, being as Bader says he would want at least another €20m I would assume that there is no release clause (unless €20m is the release clause). He says he wouldn't even be particularly happy with that much money as, like Dortmund who now have a shed load of cash, it would still be difficult to bring in players to play at such a high level.

As for the whole fly to the USA thing, I think that could be a mistranslation as Lambert obviously has to be present for training (especially in our first week back). It is more likely I think that either Randy flew over this way, or Faulkner flew over to the US. It would be a pretty big deal in comparison to those that Lambert has been doing and I assume Randy would want to be involved first hand in any "big transfers" to ensure there is reasoning behind such a move. It is his money after all!

My opinion is the same as SikhInTrinity - the only way Kiyotake will move is if he says he wants to, either verbally or via a transfer request. I think either of these things would still only occur if we were to go back in with another bid to show real intent, which is something I now doubt as I am sure Lambert has other targets in mind.

What this does show us though is yet another club speaking out saying that Aston Villa have made a move of €10m or over for an attacking midfielder. For all those Belhanda doubters, maybe we were in for him after all and better yet, maybe there are still a few more we are in for yet.

Edited by samjp26