Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Koumas better than Gardner? I think not.

You keep trying to prepare us for disappointment Jez but the truth is you know no more than anybody else and its not your job to prepare fans for anything, thanks.

We'll cope, honestly.

Really so after playing about half a season regularly, well not even that; Gardner is better than Koumas? Someone told me he was better than NRC as well which was just as daft.

Why do i keep trying to prepare us for disappointment?

I know some of the players suggested on here are ridiculous but if you point that out your being negative and bringing Villa down or preparing for the worse!

How about its called being realistic? Is that not a consideration?

Yeah I agree with you, but naming targets from the Championship and tilting when others disagree with you is just as daft. I don't rate McShane and Koumas, but it doesn't mean I am going to get disappointed if we aren't getting Micah Richards and Andrea Pirlo. There is a difference between being realistic (which be both are, I think we both know that our chances of getting van der Vaart/Sneijder and Saviola are slim :) ), I just think that getting players such as Bent or Tim Cahill isn't out of the question, why should it be?

Like I have said before, why can't we sign Darren Bent (who is in the Champ) if Boro could sign Juninho/Ravanelli/Ziege and Newcastle with Owen/Shearer/Martins and you name it. We have Lerner and MON at charge right now.

Why is Koumas being compared to McCann/Gardner?

He's not even trusted to play central midfield in the Championship, so there's no way he'll be playing central midfield in The Premiership.

Koumas needs to be compared with people like Young and for me there's no contest, Young is streets ahead.

What was Joey Barton doing 3 years ago?!

Can't say I remember other than putting a cigar in a team mates eye in LUSID! (Bar in Manchester)

NRC has fantastic potential and is still only 21 years old, he has his WHOLE career ahead of him. I would like Barton and thought I'd prefer him to NRC, but after thinking about it, I'd prefer NRC.

I think NRC is a better defensive midfielder than Barton and that's what we really need for Petrov to go express himself. The thing with NRC other than Barton is that of energy and pace. NRC can run all day, box to box, and this is something the Villa haven't had in absoloute years.

If NRC signs, he'll be a fantastic addition to this football club. People are forgetting too easily how good he was at WHUFC before this season. He's a player that needs to be shown some 'love', arm round the shoulder and all that. This is something he clearly hasn't had at WHUFC.

Seeing his interview whilst at the hairdressers showed me a couple of things - great maturity, well spoken and still not interested at having digs at WHUFC like the fans are at him - yes, he said that he never felt wanted, but that is an emotive expression, not him having a go. Also, how many footballers would let you talk to them whilst having a haircut?! lol.

Fair enough - I also see a player with lots of potential.

But what if we turned the facts around and looked at it the way the Hammers do:

1) He had one great season - then he suffered from the second season syndrome and was absolute wack last year

2) West Ham fans claim he was shown a lot of love it's just that he was too much of a c*unt (a word they use a lot over there) to realize it. Who is to say MON will cure it?

3) That hairdresser thingy is of course a nice thing, but I reckon they might look at him in a different light saying he did it to put himself in a better situation and fish for new clubs as there really hasn't been much activity around him.

Like I said, I am just playing the Devil's advocate on this one, but what strikes me is that this never happens in football, oh, to other than pricks I mean. Who is in trouble in England? Barton, Bellamy (always), Reo-Coker right now, before it has been Di Canio, Cantona and Ginola, Kluivert...... all "pricks" you know..... it doesn't happen to Darren Fletcher or Gavin McCann. Nigel Reo-Coker can be a huge asset to us, I don't know, but I just want to point out that he isn't a saint, by the looks of it....

I think West Ham fans needed a scapegoat last season, found him and will not acknowledge that it was a team effort that kept them up, not just Tevez.

And remember - one word - Mascherano. Utter crap at West Ham. Excellent at Liverpool. Some players excel under different conditions.

And whilst at it. Everyone I spoke to at a wedding yesterday reckon Bent is an accident waiting to happen for whoever pays the inflated price. As most were Arsenal season ticket holders, they are hoping he goes to Spurs.

Koumas ain't better than Gardner at the minute simply because he won't track back and because of that he has never been a regular in the premiership whenever Albion have been promoted. Various managers all agreed on that point and benched him. By comparison Gardner has been good when he has played for Villa in my opinion since 2005/6 and is a team player.

Not really sure how much Championship they actually show abroad but Koumas is the kind of player who looks good in that division but won't make the step up to the premier and he hasn't really done it for me for Wales either to be honest.

Personally i want both Reo-Coker and barton

both fantastic players , both young and both will go on to be world class

on the dodgy make up your own rumour page on sky I've just seen this

my uncle works at the birmningham airport and says he saw none other than Ajax's Urby Emanuelson arriving and says he is here for talks with Martin O'Neil, he claims that it is likely that team-mate Wesley Sneijder will join him in the next fortnight.

where is our "spy" at birmingham airport or can he only track Private jets :-)

Another championship player!!! :bang:

Great here comes another 12 pages of debate based upon us signing some 21 yr old or however old he is, world beater who plays at wolves....

-He is shit!

-No he isn't.

-will we sign him!

-No we won't

- My step brothers foster mother says we will as she works with a guy who also has a 2nd day job as gardening and he was round Knightlys house last week doing his garden and heard him on his mobile and said the deal was on!

- ok he will sign after all! :roll: :yawn:

Someone slap me in the face and remind me who our Chairman and Manager are again please!!. :o

So because the people at your wedding said it must be true? They are in the know because they support Arsenal and all the people who rate Bent are wrong?

When I see Bent I don't see just the goals scored, I see the vision, the composure and the presence of a true striker.

Perhaps they are talking him down because they know he is going to sign for Spurs? Hell, I wonder what our impression for NRC or McShane would be like if they signed for the SHA!

What was Joey Barton doing 3 years ago?!

Can't say I remember other than putting a cigar in a team mates eye in LUSID! (Bar in Manchester)

NRC has fantastic potential and is still only 21 years old, he has his WHOLE career ahead of him. I would like Barton and thought I'd prefer him to NRC, but after thinking about it, I'd prefer NRC.

I think NRC is a better defensive midfielder than Barton and that's what we really need for Petrov to go express himself. The thing with NRC other than Barton is that of energy and pace. NRC can run all day, box to box, and this is something the Villa haven't had in absoloute years.

If NRC signs, he'll be a fantastic addition to this football club. People are forgetting too easily how good he was at WHUFC before this season. He's a player that needs to be shown some 'love', arm round the shoulder and all that. This is something he clearly hasn't had at WHUFC.

Seeing his interview whilst at the hairdressers showed me a couple of things - great maturity, well spoken and still not interested at having digs at WHUFC like the fans are at him - yes, he said that he never felt wanted, but that is an emotive expression, not him having a go. Also, how many footballers would let you talk to them whilst having a haircut?! lol.

Fair enough - I also see a player with lots of potential.

But what if we turned the facts around and looked at it the way the Hammers do:

1) He had one great season - then he suffered from the second season syndrome and was absolute wack last year

2) West Ham fans claim he was shown a lot of love it's just that he was too much of a c*unt (a word they use a lot over there) to realize it. Who is to say MON will cure it?

3) That hairdresser thingy is of course a nice thing, but I reckon they might look at him in a different light saying he did it to put himself in a better situation and fish for new clubs as there really hasn't been much activity around him.

Like I said, I am just playing the Devil's advocate on this one, but what strikes me is that this never happens in football, oh, to other than pricks I mean. Who is in trouble in England? Barton, Bellamy (always), Reo-Coker right now, before it has been Di Canio, Cantona and Ginola, Kluivert...... all "pricks" you know..... it doesn't happen to Darren Fletcher or Gavin McCann. Nigel Reo-Coker can be a huge asset to us, I don't know, but I just want to point out that he isn't a saint, by the looks of it....

If he was wack last year I would like to see him when he is brilliant, he made the second most tackles in the entire division last season behind Scott Parker but he had a higher success rate.

Reo Coker hasn't done much wrong in my opinion unlike Barton who has form of being an idiot over a long period. When he goes to Newcastle I wonder if he will cause trouble with Dye or against him? time will tell.

Personally i want both Reo-Coker and barton

both fantastic players , both young and both will go on to be world class

on the dodgy make up your own rumour page on sky I've just seen this

my uncle works at the birmningham airport and says he saw none other than Ajax's Urby Emanuelson arriving and says he is here for talks with Martin O'Neil, he claims that it is likely that team-mate Wesley Sneijder will join him in the next fortnight.

where is our "spy" at birmingham airport or can he only track Private jets :-)

The only thing i can say to this is if you were going to bullshit on the rumour's page the last player you would choose is Emanuelson! Maybe there is some truth to it after all.

We can argue the pros and cons of NRC ad infinitum! Why not watch him play for the under 21 team (is he still captain?) In the next couple of weeks and then judge him against the players around him.

If he is on top of his game he should be impressive and if he has lost the spark that will be obvious also.

I'd say to West Ham fans they should remember his performances to get them promoted! They seem to forget way too easily!

NRC is going to be excellent for Villa!!

I'd say to West Ham fans they should remember his performances to get them promoted! They seem to forget way too easily!

NRC is going to be excellent for Villa!!

Without Tevez they would´ve gone down..easy as that! NRC will be great! :lol:

There are a lot of Darren Bent fans on this site and understandably as he has proven to be a great premiership goalscorer. However there was a time he was only scoring goals in the Championship and no team took a chance on him apart from Charlton. My point is how can fans be so quick to dismiss players from the championship when they can easily be the next Darren Bent.

Well, of course it is. But that ain't happening too often. I know I've said that I don't think there are too many players in the championship that can take us forward, but I still believe are a few and I won't mind us taking one such risk/chance at all. Just that I sometimes feel that there are too many such links and I don't think there are that many. As I've said before, it sometimes sounds like when GT were here for his 2nd spell and that didn't work out too well.