Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

Why not Bent and the enw Bent (Kightley) - I think the difference now is if we had have paid £12m in the past and it hadn't worked (as it has on many occasions) that was it, we had no more money for at least 2yrs and it hurt us bad.

Now, if we buy Bent and he didn't work out, yes it would be annoying and you don't want it to happen, but we are now in a position that the likes of man U are that we can say.. "ok, didn't work - move on"

Thing is, if we do buy Kightley - where does that leave Luke ???

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just found out NRC was 23 years old, as he was playing for the U21's......... I was certain he was like 21 but I was mistaken....

I know I would want Joey Barton, he is the better player in my opinion and he knows how to pass the ball, unlike Reo-Coker

who is as crap as McCann in attack

So because the people at your wedding said it must be true? They are in the know because they support Arsenal and all the people who rate Bent are wrong?!

You are very, very aggressive today.

I think the reference you missed was the "season ticket holder". People who watch games week in, week out. I don't profess to know much about many players because what highlights packages I see on TV, West Ham and Spurs would be Champs League, Villa relegated, and Stuart Downing the new Maradona.

I think Luke Moore's days at Villa are numbered.

i hope not

TBH MON praised him during the season and especially when he went back into full training.

He still played in the reserves and was in the squad making sub appearances.

If his attitude is so bad and villa made it clear they didn't want him surely he'd be desperate to move and we would have heard something from him.

People seem to be misssing an important link here, we are DESPERATE for a right back and I notice we have again been linked to Luke Young of Charlton. We need that signing, I was disappointed after originally being linked to him that it went cold, but I think that is one signing that it very much needed. Good attacking right back, available, decent price, perfect. Don't let that one get away!!

Anyone any thoughts or shall we just keep debating the same boring stuff?

People seem to be misssing an important link here, we are DESPERATE for a right back and I notice we have again been linked to Luke Young of Charlton. We need that signing, I was disappointed after originally being linked to him that it went cold, but I think that is one signing that it very much needed. Good attacking right back, available, decent price, perfect. Don't let that one get away!!

Anyone any thoughts or shall we just keep debating the same boring stuff?

I think this will the surprise signing. A player from Europe we haven't heard much of but turns out to be one the greatest right backs in the premiership. Either that or we buy Lahm!

can't we have NRC and Barton?

I doubt it, the market is way too heated for that, Newcastle will get Barton and we will get Reo Coker because both of us need those positions filled most. Spurs are trying to get a piece of the action but they want to buy everyone.

I was thinking what Gordon and Reo Coker would bring to our team should they be the only two players to sign (not saying they will sign, or they will be the only one's to sign), but I noticed a dramatic turn in our team with those two signings alone.

Gordon

Delaney Mellberg Laursen Bouma

Young Reo-Coker Petrov Barry

Agbonlahor Carew

^^^^^^ Our team at home

Gordon

Delaney Mellberg Laursen Bouma

Agbonlahor Petrov Reo-Coker Barry Young

Carew

^^ Our formation away from home next season - Looks great! We'd give anyone a game with that team.

We're building a great team, a hard working team.

My point with this is MON is building a very, very strong midfield. Even though we've not seen it enough, we have the flair of Petrov, mixed with the pace, energy and grit of Reo-coker. The all round skills of Barry - composure on the ball, tackles and great crossing. The pace, skill and flair of Young on the wing. Reo-Coker fits in well with all this.

I think we could sign Barton and Reo-Coker no problem. Nothing wrong with a bit of competition. It would signal the end of Davis though, and Gardner wouldn't get much of a shout neither unless some serious injuries happened.

The signings of either Reo-Coker and Barton or both, would improve us immensely alone!

This summer is going to be great!

From The Mercury, has anyone got it today

Villa are also making progress with their bid to sign transfer-listed West Ham skipper Nigel Reo-Coker.

Last night his agent Tony Finnigan said: "What's been in the papers isn't far wrong"

It also mentions stepping up our interest in Craig Gordon

Villa are also making progress with their bid to sign transfer-listed West Ham skipper Nigel Reo-Coker.

Last night his agent Tony Finnigan said: "What's been in the papers isn't far wrong"

Reo-Coker is going to be a great signing, I really believe it will be :)

As for Gordon, I'd prefer him to Boruc or the PSV goalie!

Gordon is going to be absolute world class!

Reo-Coker is going to be a great signing, I really believe it will be :)

As for Gordon, I'd prefer him to Boruc or the PSV goalie!

Gordon is going to be absolute world class!

I have to agree with this. Very positive signings indeed.

I remember hearing Jason kundy talk about Reo-coker on Talksport a few days ago and he was full of praise for Nigel, saying he can go all the way to the top at the right club, Nigel isn't just a normal defensive midfielder, when he's on his game he's everywhere on the pitch, i remember seeing him run through at highbury and bury it in the bottom corner with a lovely finish when West Ham beat Arsenal the year before last, the lad is no mug going forward that's for sure.