Transfer thread: Rumours, Speculation & Suggestions

limpid

I agree that we need players that can push us on, is Reo_coker that type of player? I believe so, we need to just hang fire, the transfer window never really hots up till the players report back for Pre-Season training

• Replies 10.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just have to paste in something I just posted in another thread:

How many games did Davis play when he was voted best of the season? 35 games and 4 goals

What about Sidwell this season? 35 games and 4 goals you say? Damn....

Not saying that it will happen, of course there is no rule around it. Hardly pointing out that you

shouldn't really put too much into one season, especially for a player like this. Sidwell, well OK,

he will be mediocre next season because he isn't going to play shit. That is his bad, but let's say

he transfered to Everton or some team on our level, I wouldn't be too sure he would play as well

as he did this season.

I'm with Rocafella on Koumas, i really cant see anything that special in him. That said he's not a bad player either and has some strength and verrsatility that could be useful.

But he's a very poor mans James Milner from what i've seen. He could at his age perhaps step up, or be decent cover, but first pick in a team gunning for top 6...not on what i've seen.

Oh and top reason for not wanting to sign Sidwell...."because he looks like a corpse!". Homo-erotic genius....cracked me up! :D

Right now we have players who can do a decent job, in Berger, McCann, Osbourne and you name it. We want players who can go to the extra level of performances, I think people are just getting a little bit anxious about the no-show of signings and start to lower their expectations. I mean; Jagielka, Koumas and the 29 year old Bellamy? Those are the signings I would expect under Doug and O'Leary, not Lerner and MON.

Jagielka is a fine player and would improve our squad.

Koumas is better than both McCann and Osbourne even Gardner! (god forbid)

It seems to me Roca that if a player isn't trendy your not interested, if they are not well known or a 'name' they are useless!

Better prepare yourself for a disappointing summer then, because there will be less trendy signings and more solid signings.

Speculation from Football365:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2164139,00.html

PREMIERSHIP DUO CHASE KIGHTLY

Posted 03/06/07 10:50EmailPrintSave

Everton and Aston Villa are set to lock horns this summer in a bid land winger Michael Kightly from Wolves.

Kightly, 21, made a massive impact after arriving at Molineux from Conference side Grays in January's transfer window - and helped Wolves reach the play-offs, where they were beaten by arch rivals West Brom in the semi-finals.

The skilful wideman has admitted he would like to sign a new deal with Mick McCarthy's troops - but a firm offer of £3million on the table may be tempting as it would prove a nice profit on the £25,000 it cost to sign him.

Both David Moyes and Martin O'Neill are looking to add more midfield creativity to their squads this summer - and have plenty of cash at their disposal thanks to the Premiership's bumper new Sky TV deal.

Kightly said: "There has been some speculation about me and other clubs, but I have always said if I was offered a new, longer contract at Wolves I would be more than happy to sign it."

Speculation from Football365:

http://www.football365.com/story/0,17033,8652_2164139,00.html

PREMIERSHIP DUO CHASE KIGHTLY

Posted 03/06/07 10:50EmailPrintSave

Everton and Aston Villa are set to lock horns this summer in a bid land winger Michael Kightly from Wolves.

Kightly, 21, made a massive impact after arriving at Molineux from Conference side Grays in January's transfer window - and helped Wolves reach the play-offs, where they were beaten by arch rivals West Brom in the semi-finals.

The skilful wideman has admitted he would like to sign a new deal with Mick McCarthy's troops - but a firm offer of £3million on the table may be tempting as it would prove a nice profit on the £25,000 it cost to sign him.

Both David Moyes and Martin O'Neill are looking to add more midfield creativity to their squads this summer - and have plenty of cash at their disposal thanks to the Premiership's bumper new Sky TV deal.

Kightly said: "There has been some speculation about me and other clubs, but I have always said if I was offered a new, longer contract at Wolves I would be more than happy to sign it."

With the new takeover at Wolves and the word of my ITK man at Molineux I'd be very surprised to see Kightly leave this summer.

Right now we have players who can do a decent job, in Berger, McCann, Osbourne and you name it. We want players who can go to the extra level of performances, I think people are just getting a little bit anxious about the no-show of signings and start to lower their expectations. I mean; Jagielka, Koumas and the 29 year old Bellamy? Those are the signings I would expect under Doug and O'Leary, not Lerner and MON.

Jagielka is a fine player and would improve our squad.

Koumas is better than both McCann and Osbourne even Gardner! (god forbid)

It seems to me Roca that if a player isn't trendy your not interested, if they are not well known or a 'name' they are useless!

Better prepare yourself for a disappointing summer then, because there will be less trendy signings and more solid signings.

Why do you always say this to me? When I always tell you the opposite every time. It's starting to get a bit tedious you know, you can't end an argument with a lousy attempt of bringing someone down.

I don't really care about Koumas. In my eyes he is mediocre and has played well at a level under ours and should take three steps up to become a top-6 player. Sidwell simply is the prospect of a one season wonder and I don't want us to take that risk. Why, since I like Ronaldo whom you probably rate as "fancy" and "trendy", is that why you think I just want these players?

Grow up dude, I have names several players and I tend to stick with them. My idea is that this squad is filled with numerous "decent" players, we don't need to fill more on top of that. We need the extra bit of quality, well we need a lot, to become top 6 challengers. Just because I am opposed to signing the players YOU drop, doesn't mean that I am wrong because I want the fancy ones and you want the Championship ones in Koumas and McShane. You have your idea and I have mine. I could give a **** if his name was Ronaldinhonaldo or McMuff, as long as I knew he was going to improve us vastly. Tell you this, I don't want us to bring in those fancy players either, as you call them, they can cause everything but prosperity. Look at players such as that Portuguese player Tottenham got and not least Veron/Porborsky and Cruyff.

Koumas better than Gardner? I think not.

You keep trying to prepare us for disappointment Jez but the truth is you know no more than anybody else and its not your job to prepare fans for anything, thanks.

We'll cope, honestly.

Hm, this Kightly, which might very well be a good player, makes it what, 5 players from WBA linked to us? Davies, Koumas, Mcshane, Kightly and Kamaras? Or are they not linked? Anyway, I'd be very disappointed and surprised if we signed all these 5 players from WBA. Somehow I don't think they're all good enough to take us higher. However, this Kightley, whcih I've heard some good things about, feels a bit more exciting to me than the rest. But still, haven't seen that much of any of them so I can only go on what I hear so my opinions on this are to be taken with a pinch of salt or two. As always. :)

This is going to read like I know a mate who knows a mate who knows a mate but hear is maybe the worst kept secret at Villa that has come from a reasonable source :

The Villa management rate Moore ability wise but attitude and the affect he is trying to have on Gabby have convinced them he has to move on and they are awaiting the right offer for him . They aint going to say anything publicly incase it puts people off but I can tell you 100 percent after a meeting I had with Ellis at the end of the previous season in the Corner Flag that the old management team were having problems with his big time attitude after the hat trick against Boro.

Shame because he can do it but if he is going to be another Dalian or dare I say Collymore before he has even done anything then there aint no place at Villa for him .

I liked Koumas the first time i saw him 3 years ago when West Brom were promoted. Seemed like the stand out player and i remember buying him for my dream team. After that he had a lot of injuries and then fell out with Bryan Robson hence never really played consistently. This season he has looked his best again and shown he is a really talented player.

IMO would be a very good signing.

This is going to read like I know a mate who knows a mate who knows a mate but hear is maybe the worst kept secret at Villa that has come from a reasonable source :

The Villa management rate Moore ability wise but attitude and the affect he is trying to have on Gabby have convinced them he has to move on and they are awaiting the right offer for him . They aint going to say anything publicly incase it puts people off but I can tell you 100 percent after a meeting I had with Ellis at the end of the previous season in the Corner Flag that the old management team were having problems with his big time attitude after the hat trick against Boro.

Shame because he can do it but if he is going to be another Dalian or dare I say Collymore before he has even done anything then there aint no place at Villa for him .

this is what i have heard also..

If we were to pick one of these problem-children I would go for Joey Barton before NRC and Craig Bellamy. He is only 24 years old which means he is only going to get better and he is already a better player than NRC in my opinion. Joey Barton went from good to much better this season, whilst NRC went from good to utterly crap (although much can be explained by his relationship with the Hammers). Is NRC proven? Not entirely. Being 24 as a central midfielder you are still just in the talent bracket of age really, look at players like Scholes and Lampard. Scholes was always the talent but reached the heights when he was 26-31. Lampard was at Barton's level when he was at his age I think. What I mean is that the age thing between NRC and Barton shouldn't really be a factor, 21 or 24, it doesn't matter.

You keep trying to prepare us for disappointment Jez but the truth is you know no more than anybody else and its not your job to prepare fans for anything, thanks.

We'll cope, honestly.

Really so after playing about half a season regularly, well not even that; Gardner is better than Koumas? Someone told me he was better than NRC as well which was just as daft.

Why do i keep trying to prepare us for disappointment?

I know some of the players suggested on here are ridiculous but if you point that out your being negative and bringing Villa down or preparing for the worse!

How about its called being realistic? Is that not a consideration?

We'll cope, honestly.

Of course Jez is right on this one, Koumas is way better than Gardner right now. I think a lot of Villa fans have put way much into the fact that Gardner played well at the end of the season. Putting this much pressure on a player is way too dangerous lads, he is nothing but a talent and even though I started to rate him more at the end of the season, I couldn't see what would make him a good footballer earlier in the year. He improved his vision and composure, he didn't stress that much on the ball and he looked a better player no doubt. It's now and the next 3 seasons he has to improve, learn from the older players and develop his own thing.

Do I have to remind people we are not going to hope for a top 10 this season (like Fulham and Birmingham do), we should hope for a top 6, even though other fans might think it's unrealistic it's nothing short of what we must hope for. What I mean is that you always predict a little bit higher than what your mind tells you. Arsenal will go for gold next season even though they know it's not going to happen, on paper at least....

5 players from WBA linked to us? Davies, Koumas, Mcshane, Kightly and Kamara

Kightly plays for Wolves

Now, do I look like an idiot? :oops: Of course he does. Just spoiled my whole argument. I'll go back to just read this thread. :lol: I read a post about Kightly playing for wolves and then I say that he plays for WBA. Well, let's not let that fact come in the way for my excellent argument. :lol:

What was Joey Barton doing 3 years ago?!

Can't say I remember other than putting a cigar in a team mates eye in LUSID! (Bar in Manchester)

NRC has fantastic potential and is still only 21 years old, he has his WHOLE career ahead of him. I would like Barton and thought I'd prefer him to NRC, but after thinking about it, I'd prefer NRC.

I think NRC is a better defensive midfielder than Barton and that's what we really need for Petrov to go express himself. The thing with NRC other than Barton is that of energy and pace. NRC can run all day, box to box, and this is something the Villa haven't had in absoloute years.

If NRC signs, he'll be a fantastic addition to this football club. People are forgetting too easily how good he was at WHUFC before this season. He's a player that needs to be shown some 'love', arm round the shoulder and all that. This is something he clearly hasn't had at WHUFC.

Seeing his interview whilst at the hairdressers showed me a couple of things - great maturity, well spoken and still not interested at having digs at WHUFC like the fans are at him - yes, he said that he never felt wanted, but that is an emotive expression, not him having a go. Also, how many footballers would let you talk to them whilst having a haircut?! lol.